Mother Of Pups Has Lip Tumor

SLF

So Ive been having issues with the mother of my pups for a couple of weeks now, she lost interest in the pups began sitting on her own..etc I just assumed she was over the pups and wanting to go back to work.

However in the last week I notice a sore on her lip that is now an uler about the size of a 10c coin. The vet thinks its a tumor.

We did an FNA and Im waiting for the results.

I guess this might explain her change in behaviour and she has lost some weight and her coat is all dry and wirey.

Does anyone have an experience with this sort of thing? a cancerous tumor on a mum of 3wk old pups?

edited to add she is only a young dog of 2yrs

Edited by SLF

THere are sooooo many different types of tumours found on dogs.

Personally, I would not get yourself stressed about it until the results come back form the vet. It could be nothing.

Advice you might get on here may make you more concerned if people suggest it could be a "such and such", you google it, stress even more etc.

Just sit tight. It may be a benign tumour that has been aggravated by her excessive licking of pups etc.

Try not to worry until you get the actual results, that way people can give you a more informed opinion. And your vet will also explain things to you.

You might be looking too much into the change of behaviour now you know there MIGHT be something wrong with her.

I have a dog that had a highly aggressive and malignant tumour on her leg. She had NO behaviour change so don't let her behaviour convince you the tumour must be worse.

Having a tumour won't affect her pups at this stage so I wouldn't panic yet.

Edited by dasha

So Ive been having issues with the mother of my pups for a couple of weeks now, she lost interest in the pups began sitting on her own..etc I just assumed she was over the pups and wanting to go back to work.

However in the last week I notice a sore on her lip that is now an uler about the size of a 10c coin. The vet thinks its a tumor.

I guess this might explain her change in behaviour and she has lost some weight and her coat is all dry and wirey.

Does anyone have an experience with this sort of thing? a cancerous tumor on a mum of 3wk old pups?

It's scary waiting I know!

Fingers crossed for a positive result SLF :crossfingers:

Advice you might get on here may make you more concerned if people suggest it could be a "such and such", you google it, stress even more etc.

As above. I have seen threads that would terrify me if it was my dog from the suggestions & guesses that get posted. The vet is probably just being cautious & doing the right thing re a diagnosis.

Wait & see & then panic if its bad. Hopefully it's not.

Have you any news yet SLF? Good news we hope!

the FNA was inconclusive..so basically NO news. We are doing a course of antibiotics, if there is no improvement at the end of the course, the 'tumor' will be removed.

The vet said considering we have to heavily sedate her for a biopsy, we may aswell GA and remove it all together.

Thankyou for asking