'gay' Dog On Death Row Gets Speedy Adoption

Red Fox

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/02/01/06/41/gay-dog-on-death-row-gets-speedy-adoption

This healthy bulldog was due to be put down at an overcrowded animal shelter today after its owner abandoned it, allegedly because he thought the dog was gay.

But this morning a new owner stepped forward to adopt the dog, after news of its fate sparked a frantic appeal among animal lovers.

A woman who regularly visits the shelter, in Jackson, Tennessee, set up a Facebook page yesterday with a photo of the dog and a message claiming its owner dropped it off at the shelter because it was found "hunched" over another male dog.

A post on the Facebook page reads: "Don't let this gorgeous dog die bc his owner is ignorant of normal dog behavior! He's in kennel 10L and he WILL be put down tomorrow bc there is no room at the inn!"

Animal experts say a male dog mounting another male dog is not a sign of sexual orientation but rather a sign of dominance, the Daily Mail reports.

Several Facebook users and at least one canine rescue group volunteered to show up at the shelter to rescue the doomed dog this morning.

A worker at the shelter told The Tennessean newspaper the bulldog has since been released into the care of a new owner.

"I have had about 10 million calls this morning. It has been adopted already. It is gone," the unnamed shelter employee was quoted as saying.

"He's in good hands."

You know what they say.. The worst homophobes just don't want to admit to themselves that they have an attraction toward their own sex....

Probably the dog is better off in his new home anyway

Not probably... Definitely!

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/02/01/06/41/gay-dog-on-death-row-gets-speedy-adoption

This healthy bulldog was due to be put down at an overcrowded animal shelter today after its owner abandoned it, allegedly because he thought the dog was gay.

But this morning a new owner stepped forward to adopt the dog, after news of its fate sparked a frantic appeal among animal lovers.

A woman who regularly visits the shelter, in Jackson, Tennessee, set up a Facebook page yesterday with a photo of the dog and a message claiming its owner dropped it off at the shelter because it was found "hunched" over another male dog.

A post on the Facebook page reads: "Don't let this gorgeous dog die bc his owner is ignorant of normal dog behavior! He's in kennel 10L and he WILL be put down tomorrow bc there is no room at the inn!"

Animal experts say a male dog mounting another male dog is not a sign of sexual orientation but rather a sign of dominance, the Daily Mail reports.

Several Facebook users and at least one canine rescue group volunteered to show up at the shelter to rescue the doomed dog this morning.

A worker at the shelter told The Tennessean newspaper the bulldog has since been released into the care of a new owner.

"I have had about 10 million calls this morning. It has been adopted already. It is gone," the unnamed shelter employee was quoted as saying.

"He's in good hands."

OH my giddy aunt?

It not only is not gay, it isnt even a Bulldog.

It is incredibly lucky its not in good old BSL Australia that is for sure.

Edited by inez

I had a guy leash his dog and leave the dog park, because his dog kept trying to mount mine, he reckoned I had sprayed hm with something to make him appealing :laugh: all of us at the park at the time were :eek: didn;t even give us a chance to try to explain , probab;y would have been wasting our time anyway [ this was few years ago ]