Can You Help Me Identify?

Ashli

Hi guys,

Very long time no see. But no time for that. I found a lil pup at our local park this morning and I'm making up a found ad for him, but I honestly don't know what to list him as.

Can anyone help me hazard a guess please?

Cheers,

Ash

post-7221-0-46395200-1359873740_thumb.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a strange mix :shrug: some cattle dog but who knows what else, the first thing that came to mind was blood hound but there could just be generations of x bred dogs in him. He's a funny shape that's for sure.

Cheers for the try anyway Kiri :) I had seen an ad up at my local iga for staghound x catahoula pups for sale, but I rang them up and it wasn't one of theirs :(

I thought I caught a glimpse of GSP and then maybe Spaniel and then I got confused lol

He does have a houndy look. Rear dew claws? Are they single or double? As a safe bet I'd say Stumpy Tail x.

He does indeed have double rear dew claws... he does have a houndy look I agree... my father in law said blue heeler, but I see none of that in him whatsoever

Edited by Ashli

He does have a houndy look. Rear dew claws? Are they single or double? As a safe bet I'd say Stumpy Tail x.

He does indeed have double rear dew claws... he does have a houndy look I agree... my father in law said blue heeler, but I see none of that in him whatsoever

I mainly said cattle dog (blue heeler) becuase of his colour. Catahoula crossed my mind as well but I didn't know if there's any in Australia. I think he's a real Heinz 57 varieties to be honest.

I mainly said cattle dog (blue heeler) becuase of his colour. Catahoula crossed my mind as well but I didn't know if there's any in Australia. I think he's a real Heinz 57 varieties to be honest.

I wouldn't know how many catahoulas are about either but there's definitely one, that I saw on the ad anyway lol

Honestly don't know what to list him as... it's just too hard to guess lol

Just noticed his hind dew claws, they're very messy looking, just asking to catch on something and be torn off OUCH!!

They are a lil yup I agree. I've got him listed on my local fb for sale page with a photo, but I didn't attach any info bar where I found him and that there were no people on the beach. We waited around for ages waiting for someone to come along, but noone did. So I bundled him in the car and brought him home.

Very lazy, very friendly, only around 3-5mths old, lankly legs on him too :)

With double dewclaws, and the look of him I would think possibly a LGD x with a cattle type. And if they are big double dewclaws, yes they may look a little untidy, but they should be strong and firmly attached.

Do you have any Pyreneans in the district?

With double dewclaws, and the look of him I would think possibly a LGD x with a cattle type. And if they are big double dewclaws, yes they may look a little untidy, but they should be strong and firmly attached.

Do you have any Pyreneans in the district?

We have a ton of farms and stations around our little seaside town and we're also a popular weekend getaway town for all the lil towns around us. So I mean we see heaps of cattle dogs, collies, etc come into town, but can't say myself that I've noticed any Pyreneans around.

His dew claws are definitely big but yes firmly attached.