Vca / Dogs Victoria Members

Bisart Dobes

In light of recent events we all need to take this seriously and not only read what the candidates have to say but question and pressure them on their views on everything that will affect our membership over the next 4 years.

Victorian Canine Association Inc

NOTICE TO MEMBERS

MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE ELECTIONS

Members are hereby informed that vacancies for six ordinary members of management committee will occur in April 2013.

Eligibility

Members are advised to check the Constitution, Rules and Regulations of the Victorian Canine Association Inc to confirm their eligibility. Only an ordinary, dual or life member as described in Rule 2.6 shall be eligible to nominate as a candidate or propose or second a candidate for election to the management committee, provided they were financial members for the whole of the previous financial year and their membership renewal subscriptions (if applicable) were paid not later than the date on which nominations close – see Rule 2.52.1.

Term of office

The term of office for three ordinary members of the management committee will be four years, for two ordinary members of the management committee the term will be three years, and for one ordinary member of the management committee the term will be one year.

Electoral roll

The electoral roll closed at 4 pm on Tuesday 31 January 2013. To be included on the electoral roll, members must be financial on that date. As per Regulation 3.3.7, Eligibility to vote at the AGM Every ordinary, dual or life member who was a financial member of the Victorian Canine Association Inc for at least the last three months of the association’s financial year preceding the annual general meeting and is currently a financial member shall be entitled to vote at the annual general meeting.

Nominations

Nominations closed with the VCA Returning Officer, Victorian Electoral Commission, Level 11,

530 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000 at 4 pm on Monday 17 December 2012.

TIMETABLE OF EVENTS FOR ELECTION OF SIX ORDINARY MEMBERS OF MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

October and November 2012 Gazettes Call for nominations for vacancies for six ordinary members of the management committee. Nomination forms available from the chief executive or the VCA returning officer.

Monday 17 December 2012 Nominations closed at 4 pm

Thursday 31 January 2013 Electoral roll closed at 4 pm

February 2013 Gazette Full list of nominations with profiles published. Ballot papers will be sent out with this Gazette.

Friday 1 March 2013 Voting closes at 4 pm

Wednesday 22 May 2013 VCA Annual General Meeting. Newly elected members of management committee take office the next day.

May 2013 Gazette Results of election published.

Marie Degan

I HONESTLY DONT THINK ANY OF THEM ARE WORTH VOTING FOR. I REALLY THINK WE NEED A TOTALLY AND NEW OFFICE BEARING COMMITTEE.

Well that's why people need to vote! Only 1 of the 9 candidates up for election is a returning committee member.

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

Too many people have been apathetic in the past & haven't voted - that's why DV is in the position it's in today.

Time to stop the apathy and have a say in how you want YOUR organisation run.

Cheers

I think you should make them work for it a bit more than they traditionally do.

Ask each one publicly about real issues we talk about every day here where they stand on allowing cross bred oodle breeders to be members and how would they chuck them out if they dont want them there because there are a bunch of them intheir membership including some pretty big names - one who breeds purebred dogs but none registered!

Ask them how they feel about breed specific legislation

How they feel about tail docking etc etc

more regulation and restrictions on breeding

and a couple of hundred more so people know what they stand for and what they w ill be saying as they represent the members if they get in

Traditionally no one has a clue about what any of them think or stand for. Make them accountable and transparent before they get in.

I HONESTLY DONT THINK ANY OF THEM ARE WORTH VOTING FOR. I REALLY THINK WE NEED A TOTALLY AND NEW OFFICE BEARING COMMITTEE.

Well that's why people need to vote! Only 1 of the 9 candidates up for election is a returning committee member.

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

2 of these candidates work in the VCA Office. I'm not sure that is a good combination.

Edited by Airedaler

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

2 of these candidates work in the VCA Office. I'm not sure that is a good combination.

And they are?

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

That's not correct. NONE of the candidates work in the Office.

If you are referring to Tania Kirkland & Emma Duff they are longer employees of DOGS Victoria.

Tania Kirkland resigned from her position in 2008 & Emma Duff left in October 2012.

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

If you are referring to Tania Kirkland & Emma Duff they are longer employees of DOGS Victoria.

Tania Kirkland resigned from her position in 2008 & Emma Duff left in October 2012.

these are the two I was referring to. Did not know Emma Duff had resigned and I stand corrected. Tania Kirkland was working in the VCA office in June/July last year when I was in there and I have seen her working there on several ocassions since 2008. If she too is indeed no longer working there then again I stand corrected.

Edited by Airedaler

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

these are the two I was referring to. Did not know Emma Duff had resigned and I stand corrected. Tania Kirkland was working in the VCA office in June/July last year when I was in there and I have seen her working there on several ocassions since 2008. If she too is indeed no longer working there then again I stand corrected.

As I type this message I am currently on the phone to Tania Kirkland who is falling about laughing at your misinformation. There must have been an imposter in the office at the times you state you were in there as Tania has NOT worked for Dogs Victoria since July 2008. I can also confirm this fact as I took over her job when she left.

Tania would like to know if you actually know her & if so why are you stating that she was working in the Office last year & on other ocassions since 2008 when she clearly wasn't?

Cheers

Mathilda's Mum said:

As I type this message I am currently on the phone to Tania Kirkland who is falling about laughing at your misinformation. There must have been an imposter in the office at the times you state you were in there as Tania has NOT worked for Dogs Victoria since July 2008. I can also confirm this fact as I took over her job when she left.

Tania would like to know if you actually know her & if so why are you stating that she was working in the Office last year & on other ocassions since 2008 when she clearly wasn't?

My apologies, a case of mistaken identity. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. No offense intended to anyone.

Edited by Airedaler

Tania Kirkland who is falling about laughing at your misinformation

After a full statement of standing corrected she feels that is appropriate?

Lost my vote...

This is a classic example of one of the really crappy things about the dog world! People making incorrect statements about other people without checking their facts first.

Tania has every right to have a good laugh about it.

It's beyond my comprehension why that should cost her votes in the election.

Or perhaps there is more to this than a simple case of mistaken identity. Are dirty tactics coming into play here? Very easy for people to come on to forums such as this & hide behind their user names & make false & unwarranted statements about the candidates for election.

This is a classic example of one of the really crappy things about the dog world! People making incorrect statements about other people without checking their facts first.

Tania has every right to have a good laugh about it.

It's beyond my comprehension why that should cost her votes in the election.

Or perhaps there is more to this than a simple case of mistaken identity. Are dirty tactics coming into play here? Very easy for people to come on to forums such as this & hide behind their user names & make false & unwarranted statements about the candidates for election.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No more than a genuine case of mistaken identy on my part and you are right I should have checked my facts. However, you have just fallen into your own "crappy thing" of the dog world by the suggestion that others are using dirty tactics without you checking your facts first.

I don't know Odins Warrior and have not colluded with her/him to partake in dirty tactics and I think that her/his post was purely as she/he felt that my comment that I stood corrected had been rejected. But then again maybe I should check my facts.

Edited by Airedaler

Georgina Beach

Tania Kirkland

Emma Duff

Frank Valastro

Sheryl Pretty

Jan Robinson

David Veless

Gwenda Carr

Stephen Sapsead

Things were running like clockwork bace in 2008 at the office from memory, might be one worth voting for = if I get my votiing papers in time, still waiting