Family Pet Mauled To Death

pie

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/16064798/family-pet-mauled-to-death/

Piotr Sujkowski and his 15-year-old daughter, Olivia, watched helplessly as their beloved dog Elfie was mauled to death by a big black dog at a busy northern suburbs dog beach at the weekend.

Mr Sujkowski, of Ballajura, said he punched the larger dog in the head several times to try make it let go of the 4½-year-old miniature schnauzer, but "it was just like hitting bricks" and it would not let go.

The pair had just come out of the water at the northern end of Hillarys dog beach when the larger dog, which they believe was an American staffy, approached just before 5pm on Sunday.

Mr Sujkowski said the owner of the vicious dog did not say anything to them after the attack, but he did put his dog on a leash.

"We were drying ourselves and Elfie was facing us, wagging her tail and waiting for some action," Mr Sujkowski said. "I didn't even see it coming. It just happened so quickly.

"To see her attacked like that was just so traumatic because you can't do anything about it. She was ripped open with her organs spilling out of her."

Olivia said she was extremely upset to have seen her dog savaged, particularly as Elfie was so scared of bigger dogs. "It was the worst thing ever," Olivia said.

Mr Sujkowski said Elfie died after they arrived at Vetwest Animal Hospital in Whitfords, where the vet told them Elfie had the most horrific injuries she had seen.

He hoped witnesses would come forward to help avoid similar attacks on other pets or children.

The dog's owner was in his late 20s, about 170cm tall and had brown to blond spiked hair. He wore a navy blue singlet and large sunglasses.

Olivia's mother, Magda Sujkowski, said they thought of Elfie as part of the family and never did anything without her. "She had so much character," Mrs Sujkowski said. "She was just there doing what she loved most on the beach."

City of Joondalup chief executive Garry Hunt said the council had received a report of a dog attack and was investigating.

:( :( :(

RIP Elfie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and yet another case of stupidity by the media reporting that the dog was "believed" to be a certain breed.

As for the bloke punching the dog in the head, mate, stick ya boots into it's ribs with all the force you can muster, hitting a dog in the head will only hurt you.

I do feel very sorry for the family, but i'd like to know the full story, did their little fluffball yap and carry on toward the larger dog first or was it as portrayed, a completely unprovoked attack? Unfortunately we're never likely to know!

and yet another case of stupidity by the media reporting that the dog was "believed" to be a certain breed.

As for the bloke punching the dog in the head, mate, stick ya boots into it's ribs with all the force you can muster, hitting a dog in the head will only hurt you.

I do feel very sorry for the family, but i'd like to know the full story, did their little fluffball yap and carry on toward the larger dog first or was it as portrayed, a completely unprovoked attack? Unfortunately we're never likely to know!

So what if the so called fluffball, which mini schnauzers are not, did yap, this is no reason for such a horrific attack, and where was the ever so responsible owner? What if the victim happened to be a child, and not a dog? I know, some will say dog aggressive dogs are not necessarily human aggressive that's not the point. I hope they find the dimwit who owns this killer and that they both get their just deserves. I'd like to know how you would feel if it was you and your family in this situation.

And now you make me see RED, here you go suggesting the small dog was to blame. Read the article again. The black dog was offleash. It was a much bigger dog. This was an unprovoked attack - it sounds like it was so sudden that noone had time to do much, they didn't see it coming! It RIPPED THE INNARDS out of the smaller dog.

What does it take to make you and people like you realise that this is abnormal? It is completely unacceptable and this owner should go to jail and pay an enormous fine, his dog should be euthanased. The owner did nothing at all to prevent this attack and I'd like to know how many other dogs and animals have been killed already by this large dog - you can put money on it that it's done it before.

Actually, I don't think you feel at all sorry for the family.

A dog that will rip the insides out of another dog, even if the other dog barked at it, is not a normal dog. On what planet is that remotely acceptable?! I feel so sorry for the family of the dog that was attacked, imagine watching your dog die in such a horrific way.

I would never recover if it happened to one of my beloved dogs. These poor, poor people. People who truly loved their dog. I cannot imagine the trauma of having that happen. I'd want to severely injure anyone and their dog if they did that. When you read about dog attacks, you constantly read that pretty much the moronic owners stand and let it happen. What the f--k? They cannot possess any shred of human decency.

Not to mention the owner took off without exchanging details or checking on the dog, didn't even apologise according to the article - hardly a great example of a responsible dog owner :(

This is awful!! we were going to take our pup their on Sunday. glad we opted for the park. Poor owners of the dog that was murdered!! hope they find the horrible man who just left, can tell by his actions he doesn't care about dogs if he could let his do that and walk away! I'd be distraught if my dog did that to another!!!, I had a mastiff X come running over a good distance to my pup who was on lead, i was definately freaked out. he turned out to be the biggest softy but my heart skipped a beat! We put so much trust in other people controlling their offlead dogs and them being friendly, this is so sad.

How horrific. That poor family, my heart goes out to them. I saw my dog hit by a car at 19 and I had nightmares for a very long time and would break out in a cold sweat whenever I heard squealing tyres for even longer, I can't imagine how a 15 year old would cope with witnessing that :( .

There is a massive difference between a single fatal bite, shaking a dog to death and a disembowelling . :mad I hope the owner of the attacking dog is found and charged with something - how can you just leave without apologising and if your dogs that aggressive why was it in a public place.

How bloody awful and completely unacceptable. That poor family and their little dog.

I also agree that even if the dog was barked at that is no excuse for the dog to then disembowel and kill the dog.

Typical irresponsible owner who slinks away to shirk responsibility. :mad

Another idiot putting another nail in the 'coffin' for Dangerous Dog laws (what next we ban all big black dogs?), deplorable that this scum just grabbed his dog and left. Obviously just trying to save his own skin from persecution. I hope he is found, caught and sent to jail, and I'm afraid that a dog that is so violently disturbed that it does not stop an attack until its victim is torn to pieces is better off PTS, It has no quality of life in its future. If it is declared dangerous and allowed to live it will simply live a more isolated and frustrated life - probably what led to the whole incident.

Poor little Schnauzer ... I spent 20 years owning little dogs before I went to biguns, and I can't very well imagine the thought of one of my Dachies being ripped apart in front of me. The owner of the offending dog would want to hope that I'd be too distraught to chase him or HE would have been calling the cops to save himself... he wouldn't have got a chance to walk away. Pity no bystanders followed him or took pictures of him or his dog if it was so busy.

RIP little Schnau Schnau...

And now you make me see RED, here you go suggesting the small dog was to blame. Read the article again. The black dog was offleash. It was a much bigger dog. This was an unprovoked attack - it sounds like it was so sudden that noone had time to do much, they didn't see it coming! It RIPPED THE INNARDS out of the smaller dog.

What does it take to make you and people like you realise that this is abnormal? It is completely unacceptable and this owner should go to jail and pay an enormous fine, his dog should be euthanased. The owner did nothing at all to prevent this attack and I'd like to know how many other dogs and animals have been killed already by this large dog - you can put money on it that it's done it before.

wow, so many posters suggesting i'm excusing an unprovoked attack. Read what i actually said and try again. I did not place blame on either dog, I simply stated I'd really like to know the full story, not just what the media has told us. Did this occur in an offleash dog area? Did the larger dog approach the smaller dog and the larger dog ended up reacting to the smaller dog acting aggressively? Was the small dog really on leash? Lots of questions which we probably will never know the answer to.

What does it take to make people like me reaslie that this is abnormal? What does it take to make morons who own little yappy fluffballs to realise that it's not ok for their dog to aggressively approach other dogs? I didn't intend for my comment to suggest that a dog getting barked at was reason enough for the other dog to react in such a manner, however anyone who lives in the real world will see stupid owners of all sized dogs allow their uncontrolled dogs to act dominant or aggressively toward other dogs, the majority of those are little fluffy yap yaps. It doesn't take much for a large dog to rip a small dog apart!

BTW, I'm absolutely sick of stupid owners(mostly owning little fluffball yap yaps) who allow their dogs to charge and carry on toward my dog. It may well be the case that this little dog was completely innocent and the larger dog(well it's owner at least) was completely at fault but I'd like to know the full story, not just what we're told by the media!