Canidae Dry Food

ChewieTAG

Hi all,

I've just switched Snowy to Canidae from Advanced, gradually...

I noticed how his poo is a little bit wet , soft and lighter brown in color with a weird smell.

Well, unlikes his usual poo where it truly stink of the actual human poo! But after fully on Canidae, his poo turns wet and smell weird. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Just wondering if anyone with Canidae has the same experience?

I am feeding the "Pure Sea" (salmon and etc?)

Thanks

I've been feeding Canidae Pure Sea for well over a year now without issue. Though Olle has a fairly robust digestive system. He only has loose poo if he eats things not on his first like stolen toast or garbage at the park.

I see no one has loose stool problem confused.gif

hmm maybe Snowy just need to adjust to different source of food.

I may cut down to half the required portion based on the instruction behind the pack and gradually increase. Will be feeding more raw food first.

But I do know the smell of his stool changed. rofl1.gif No, I did not put the stool near to my nose. I caught whiff everytime he did as I watch him like a hawk to clean it up after smile.gifsmile.gif

PureSea made my dog quite gassy and also had soft poos. I switched to the other non fish varieties and it was a lot better. He's actually on Hills now and does even better on that - finally gained weight and better poos etc. Sometimes you do have to try a few brands to find the right one.

I have him with Advanced Chicken based.

Got him a new pack of Advanced Chicken for dental so I can mix with the PureSea together. smile.gif

I am so confused with the range of PureLand, Pure Elements or Pure Sky because they have mixture of meats. If I were to test that then I won't be sure on what or which meat will be upsetting Snowy frown.gif. Oh well, I might do some more research later on...

PureSea made my dog quite gassy and also had soft poos. I switched to the other non fish varieties and it was a lot better. He's actually on Hills now and does even better on that - finally gained weight and better poos etc. Sometimes you do have to try a few brands to find the right one.

ahh yes, so you having the same experience...

The poo is soft frown.gif and....

smell weird laugh.gif

I think after the mix of Advanced Chicken and Canidae PureSea, I will slowly change to another brand. Still researching for one.

The Purse Sea is the highest protein content of them all, so maybe your furkid cannot digest that much.

I have had my three, now two, on Canidae for a while and I alternate between the Salmon or the Lamb one and have never had any problems. Mine don't get Canidae everyday though and they are larger breed so probably burn off the extra fat/oils and protein.

The Purse Sea is the highest protein content of them all, so maybe your furkid cannot digest that much.

I have had my three, now two, on Canidae for a while and I alternate between the Salmon or the Lamb one and have never had any problems. Mine don't get Canidae everyday though and they are larger breed so probably burn off the extra fat/oils and protein.

I was thinking about the protein too. I am feeding raw still. Maybe the combination of both the Canidae Pure Sea and raw food may have also increased the protein tenfold.

Maybe I should mix two different kibbles together, the existing Advance I have been using and Canidae.