Zoomies Zones

Esky the husky

Stan does these weird on the spot 360's which my neighbour calls "the demented donut" :laugh:

One of mine does that, starts as a play bow facing the other dog, then a complete 360 in the air but low to the ground, so she is back in exactly the same spot. It is so quick !

Zoomies at our place are apparently anywhere there is sand. We have 5 acres and there are a couple of piles where brickies sand or the slightly coarser stuff has been dumped by the previous owner. Take the dogs anywhere near there and it turns into a I'm-the-king-of-the-castle game with zoomies thrown in.

The little dogs do zoomies inside after a bath, so i have to close everything off prior to getting them wet or they end up on the bed cutting laps.

I'm always a bit heart in mouth watching my greyhounds especially Stan. Maddie is a lot quicker than him and in his relentless quest to beat her he does things like smacking headfirst into one of the support beams under the deck and almost knocking himself out. Cutting her off at the pass seemed a good idea at the time...he still has the scar from that one.

Stan does these weird on the spot 360's which my neighbour calls "the demented donut" :laugh:

I'm sorry for laughing at Stan but :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: He has got to be one of the funniest dogs I've ever read about on the internet. He sounds like such a lovable character.

One of mine does that, starts as a play bow facing the other dog, then a complete 360 in the air but low to the ground, so she is back in exactly the same spot. It is so quick !

Yeah I've had greys do that :-)

Yep. I have a racetrack going from the back steps, between the holes he dug, around the bbq, behind the orange tree, up around the clothesline, along the shed, and back to the steps. We can get some head down bum up speed going around those corners, and sometimes get faceplants into the grass pile :rofl:

Sam's zoomie track is always different, he does have a very worn in morning stroll track that he has taken around the garden every morning for the last 11 years.

He also does 360s but while being stiff as a board, pivoting in the middle, imagine a spinning bottle but a labrador.