Zoomies Zones

Esky the husky

Right now parts of my backyard are looking a bit worn, thanks to Esky and what I like to call her 'Zoomies Zones'

Whenever she gets a case of the zoomies she always runs on the same path. A triangle between big shady tree #1 and #2 and the back door. She'll run flat out as fast as she can in a straight line do a very sharp burn out turn, and then run as fast as she can on the next flat and repeat.

I've fenced off one of the trees now to try and get the grass to grow back.

Poor Esky :p

When we've lived on bigger fully fenced properties, zoomies was laps and laps of the house, like a greyhound track. But since we've been suburban it's always weird angular zoomies.

Other dogs do that too right?

My dogs have several regular race tracks, their favorite being around the lounge, because it involves squeezing through a small gap between the wall and the lounge. It also involves slamming the door that rests open against the back of the lounge, so its part zoomie track part obstacle course :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Mine go around and around in circles though the lounge, kitchen, hallway, my bedroom, ensuite, hallway and lounge again :laugh:

Edited by Maeby Fünke

When we play fetch with Lili, she always brings the ball back the same way and has worn a path into the ground :laugh:

Mosley is the zoomer at our place though and his zoomies are actually quite unpredictable and violent.....there was a mega one the other day and this was the route:

Start in behind the trees, burst out like a maniac and zoom across the yard jumping over and knocking down other dog in the process, run from that side of yard to big tree at the back, throw in a quick direction change accompanied by crazy eyes, then round back to the house going under the table (which can I add is NOT as tall as him) spilling coffees. Then stand and pant like a doofus.

He nomally does a few laps but there doesn't seem to be a method to his madness...he likes to live dangerously...:laugh:

Reading other posts, if Mosley did zoomies inside we wouldn't have a house left :laugh: He once ran in from the back yard when we had visitors and leapt over the back of the couch landing on them :eek: .....naughty!

Edited by Aussie3

Our 15 year old female JRT does zoomies after her bath - out through the dog door, down to back fence, back through dog door, through laundry, hall way, jumps on one of her beds, then back through the dog door again, generally 3 or 4 times while I wash the other dog then they play bitey face until i take them for a walk until they are dry

My two BC's zoom together in the back yard & they have my lawn & yard looking like a BMX track. Two tracks...the one that the leading dog takes & there is another one that the herding dog takes, Always the same way & sometimes they will swap. They are not allowed to zoom in the house though :(

Down the straight (the length of the lawn), jump the lavender, right turn around the hills hoist, hairpin left turn back around the lattice, along behind the plum tree and turn right to come out of the garden in front of the wattle.

About turn. Repeat

I don't have a fenced yard so zoomies are indoors, but always the same track through the house! Thankfully it doesn't show on the floor coverings as it does on grass!

It always makes me laugh, and feel a bit better cos my little dog is doing doggy things without having a yard to do them in :)

We have an outdoor zoomie track and a slightly more challenging indoor zoomie and obstacle course track.

The outdoor track is characterised by a lack of grass.

The indoor track also doubles as an 'I've been naughty and now I am going to run in circles so you can't put me outside track'

The indoor track normally ends with both sibes launching into the bean bag for a game of extreme bitey face, simultaneously crashing into the axolotl tank and causing a tsunami for poor Lucy the axolotl.

Yep Stan and Maddie are rescue greyhounds,my backyard looks like Dapto dog track, the four corners are deep gouges in the lawn :)

:rofl:

Zoomies are an outdoor thing here. Our wood floors are too slippery for Boxer zoomies anyhow.

Yes, there is a 'bog lap' track in our backyard, and a skid zone/ cooling pitstop under the trampoline. I'm not sure that the grass will ever forgive us and grow back there.

There are morning and late afternoon zoomy displays, and most frenzied of all...post-bath zoomies. :laugh:

Edited by trinabean

Down the straight (the length of the lawn), jump the lavender, right turn around the hills hoist, hairpin left turn back around the lattice, along behind the plum tree and turn right to come out of the garden in front of the wattle.

About turn. Repeat

I would love to see this I bet sighthound zoomies are spectacular :)

About turn. Repeat

Lol, yes spectacular and slightly 'heart in mouth' in a smaller space.

We used to have worn paths but now the entire back lawn is dead and just dust. They still run their pathes though. Indoor zoomies for Harri is hallway, lounge room, kitchen and he just keeps going til he drops :laugh:.

Mine go around and around in circles though the lounge, kitchen, hallway, my bedroom, ensuite, hallway and lounge again :laugh:

Yep this is the zoomie routine in our house. It includes leaping and flying on and off lounge furniture up in the front room and lounge room and my bed and the lounge in there. Flying also occurs over the 3 stairs that go down to the lounge room. I have never seen them do outside zoomies. Outside is only for sunbaking and dirt digging! :D

About turn. Repeat

Lol, yes spectacular and slightly 'heart in mouth' in a smaller space.

I'm always a bit heart in mouth watching my greyhounds especially Stan. Maddie is a lot quicker than him and in his relentless quest to beat her he does things like smacking headfirst into one of the support beams under the deck and almost knocking himself out. Cutting her off at the pass seemed a good idea at the time...he still has the scar from that one.

Stan does these weird on the spot 360's which my neighbour calls "the demented donut" :laugh: