What Is The Most Annoying Thing Your Dogs Do?

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

What is the most annoying thing your dogs do?

Oscar has a habit of jumping up and down on the spot and barking at me when he wants to be lifted up onto the couch (he can get up there himself, but sometimes he likes to be lifted)...

The annoying part is when I get up out of my comfy spot and go to help him he runs away really fast!

It drives me nuts! :laugh:

And Poppy has a habit of dropping a toy onto the floor, then jumping off the couch to get it, and then jumping back up onto the couch again - over and over!

I swear she dangles the toy perilously over the edge of the couch just to annoy me! :laugh:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the most annoying thing your dogs do?

Oscar has a habit of jumping up and down on the spot and barking at me when he wants to be lifted up onto the couch (he can get up there himself, but sometimes he likes to be lifted)...

The annoying part is when I get up out of my comfy spot and go to help him he runs away really fast!

It drives me nuts! :laugh:

And Poppy has a habit of dropping a toy onto the floor, then jumping off the couch to get it, and then jumping back up onto the couch again - over and over!

I swear she dangles the toy perilously over the edge of the couch just to annoy me! :laugh:

One of my pugs does this. She runs away when you go to pick her up, even though she just gave you the petulant "I'm too tired to jump up onto the bed" look. And you spend the next few minutes playing chasey around the house, showing that she actually wasn't too tired in the first place :laugh:

Where do I start :laugh:

Lili also drops toys off the couch then picks them up, then drops them, then picks them up....

She sucks on pillows. We either have to shut her out of the bedroom or move the pillows otherwise we come back to the room and she's got (usually my OH's) pillow in her mouth.

When we pat Mosley he insists on putting his paw on our arm while we do it. He's a very big dog and it actually gets quite heavy after a while :laugh:

He sprawls out when he is lying on the floor, and as I go to step over him, jumps up causing me to trip over him.

Lili also stands right behind me sometimes and I step back on her *rolleyes* And she will w3alk in front of me but slow down and look back to see if I'm coming which then means I almost trip over her too.

Guest Maeby Fünke

this thread deserves to be in general, rather than OT!

Oh, bleep! I put it in the wrong place!

Troy, please move this thread at your leisure. Sorry for any inconvenience :)

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest donatella

People put dog posts in here all the time wtf cares where it is. There's one here at the moment about their dogs surgery, it's still a dog forum is it not?

The forum police are in their droves lately.

Edited by donatella

Guest Maeby Fünke

Lili also stands right behind me sometimes and I step back on her *rolleyes* And she will walk in front of me but slow down and look back to see if I'm coming which then means I almost trip over her too.

Aaarrgh! Poppy does this too! :laugh:

course I wasn't! just deserves more views and participation!

for me my girl fear barks at fireworks and during thunderstorms. It's only annoying because I can't make it better for her (tried many things, trawled many anxiety threads etc), she gets rather anxious.

:offtopic:

I don't think Panto was being critical??; I didn't take it that way :)

Youre right, maeby. Pants wasnt being critical. Donatella seems to be the one behaving like forum police lately.

Back to your op. Pancake does the stare off. She just stares at me until my mind is drawn by the jedi mind trick.

That reminded me, when Mosley wants to go out he will stand and stare straight at us, wag his bum from side to side and "breathe" at us. I don't know how to explain it, it isn't a huff puff noise, it's weird, and highly irritating :laugh:

Then sometimes when we get up to let him out he stands in front of the door like he's at the start of a race, bolts out and barks at the birds. *BIG ROLLEYES*

Oh, the most annoying thing Loki does is this sniff/sneeze/clearing his nose when he wants my attention and I'm not giving it. He's not sneezing, because when I tell him off he stops. But he does it behind me when I'm getting ready for work and things.

Cash does a similar thing, a whiny yawn. It's so passively demanding. It absolutely does my head in. I refuse to acknowledge either dog when they do this, it annoys me so much.

I'm gritting my teeth even thinking about it :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Back to your op. Pancake does the stare off. She just stares at me until my mind is drawn by the jedi mind trick.

:laugh:

Hehe, I can relate to this... What goes on behind those huge eyes? :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oh, the most annoying thing Loki does is this sniff/sneeze/clearing his nose when he wants my attention and I'm not giving it. He's not sneezing, because when I tell him off he stops. But he does it behind me when I'm getting ready for work and things.

Cash does a similar thing, a whiny yawn. It's so passively demanding. It absolutely does my head in. I refuse to acknowledge either dog when they do this, it annoys me so much.

I'm gritting my teeth even thinking about it :laugh:

Oh, I hate the whiny yawn! :laugh: