What Is The Most Annoying Thing Your Dogs Do?

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

Martha:

• barks at possums in the middle of the night
  • does not bark at strangers entering the house
  • vomits on my bed
  • lies lengthways in high traffic areas
  • moults.

Other than that she's super cute. Her new thing is wanting to sit on my lap while I scratch her back. This might be normal behaviour for, say, a pug, but she's a labrador.

What's that? You want to see a picture of her? Oh ok then fine.

a7efeb4a5b0211e293ab22000a9f1919_7.jpg

Oh alright here's another one:

feb46f36621011e294d322000a1f8c09_7.jpg

Hehe, she sounds great...and she's so beautiful! :love:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vomits on my bed

That reminds me, James prefers throwing up on soft surfaces. Thankfully not my bed, but he will leave a tiled room to throw up on carpet. If he's stuck in a tiled area he will walk across the room (whilst retching) to specifically chunder on the doormat. He's lucky it's a quality that's bizarre and bemusing enough to actually be a little bit cute, because otherwise it would be seriously annoying.

Corners as well. He prefers vomitting right in the corner of a room, up against the walls. That habit is just plain obnoxious.

It's also impossible to show someone anything on a laptop. James will, without fail, climb on top or squeeze in between to see what everybody's looking at. But only when a second person enters the equation - he's not fussed if I'm simply using the computer by myself.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oh I forgot one.

20 minute ass-cleaning sessions at 3am.

:laugh:

Ah, yes... The licking and the squelching! It's so off!

Don't forget hoo-ha cleaning sessions for the ladies!

The "lady" (and I'm using the term under protest) is the one who sleeps on my bed, so she combines all her disgusting cleaning into a single close-by, noisy routine in the wee small hours.

Oscar has a habit of jumping up and down on the spot and barking at me when he wants to be lifted up onto the couch (he can get up there himself, but sometimes he likes to be lifted)...

The annoying part is when I get up out of my comfy spot and go to help him he runs away really fast!

It drives me nuts! :laugh:

Are you sure that it is not about getting your attention to play or something?

And Poppy has a habit of dropping a toy onto the floor, then jumping off the couch to get it, and then jumping back up onto the couch again - over and over!

I swear she dangles the toy perilously over the edge of the couch just to annoy me! :laugh:

Yep, Tonka does this. It is sort of like they set the thing up so that it 'moves' and then they can chase...quite effective really :)

Tonka always pushes certain toys under the couch and then looks at me helplessly to get it out and then he does it again :o I have to get up to get down and reach under :mad

My guys will play the "let's make mum get our toys out from under the lounge" game allllll night. I swear I'm getting little barriers made up :laugh:

I was going to post nothing, but then i started thinking...

first, i cant go to the toilet or shower on my own. She has to come in and sit next to me when im on the loo or lay on the bathmat when im in the shower - she only does this when OH isnt home.

Stops... when you are walking at night, she just stops in front of you.. she is black, its dark... i dont know why she does it and i dont know how i havent broken a bone from falling over her

When we have visitors she has to get a bucket and run around the yard like an idiot - she wont let anyone touch her or catch her. I do not know the point of this game? She slams into the fence because she cant see but gets up and keeps going.

Im sure there are more, but thats all i can think off for now.

Don't forget hoo-ha cleaning sessions for the ladies!

The "lady" (and I'm using the term under protest) is the one who sleeps on my bed, so she combines all her disgusting cleaning into a single close-by, noisy routine in the wee small hours.

lol

Dory...steals the cat food, steals the cat poo, nudges for pats at inappropriate moments (3rd degree burns anyone?), bullies the cats away from the rubbish bin, empty food bags, full unopened food bags or anything she deems to be 'hers' (this also includes me).

She licks her bum, she scoots her bum (wormed, check. anal glands, check...conclusion...itchy bum or she just likes it). Barks and growls at the neigbours routine, which they routinely do at the routine moments. (can set a clock to them, but to Dory it all seems to come as a startling surprise. *sigh*)

She needs to be chained into the car so that when I quickly dash in for a coffee I don't turn around in the shop to see her standing behind me....or whizzing down the road looking for me. (Her clever car opening door trick IS very handy for those idiotic moments when you locked the keys in the car...provided you locked her in there too).

She nags for pats and cuddles, will randomly jump in your lap, especially if the cats look like they might get there first. Will roll around all over you in a paroxym of joy, roughly around dinner time, as if you are the best thing ever and she just can't seem to get enough of you.

Kamikaze Kisses. She gets you when you least expect and is gone before you knew what hit you.

All these things also have their less annoying element. Largely that they make up who she is, and we wouldn't really change that much about her. :)

I forgot one – despite evidence above, will look completely adorable, until I get the phone out to take a photo at which time she will refuse to make eye contact and turn around.

I kind of like kamikaze kisses. I get them when I put my shoes on in the morning.

Zoe stands *just* out of reach when she wants to be picked up and put on the lounge. If you beckon her over she'll unnecessarily walk the long way around the coffee table to come up on your other side, when you reach down to pick her up she flops on to her back. :shrug: She's an old duck though and partially blind so you can't get too upset with her. :D

Moose is rarely annoying (he's my angel :love: :D ) but he does like spending 10 minutes finding the right pee spot before bed while I stand there waiting.

And just cos I can... :D

f3f4fe87ba87ef704a8cedd07b3eac46_zpsf7df13d4.jpg

535952d189b310a7ff7d6f97c0ec1a80.jpg

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oscar does what I call his breakdancing routine, where he sits up on his bum and spins around and around in circles. I've taken him to the vet about it and we're certain that he doesn't have an anal abcess or worms. We think he just does it 'cause it feels good, but the area around his bumhole is starting to go bald :laugh:

It's cute but embarrassing when he does it in front of people who don't understand dogs/Pugs :laugh:

Bella our old girl has only one annoying habit: cocking her leg continuously on walks, takes forever to get anywhere.

Rascal rolls in anything he can find at the park usually something dead and rotten or other unknown disgusting substances.

Astro yaps at me if he feels he's being ignored, at 2.5 kg he is rather high pitched and very hard on the ears.

Muttley is a thief, he steals tomatoes and cucumbers out of the veggie patch just before they are ready to pick. He will take food off the dining table if we leave the table. He finds all sorts of things to eat on our walks, I am always taking weird stuff off him.

Yesterday he was running around the backyard with a live mouse in his mouth, no way was he giving it up. Once it was dead he hid it under a toy in his bed to I was able to dispose of it.

Georgias thing is to wait quietly at the door to go out only to turn around and promptly want to come back in.

We used to have a little bell on the door handle for her to ring when she wanted to go out as she is a very quiet dog however we took the bast#*d down when she kept ringing it. :laugh: So now she just waits with a sad look on her face.

Bear is food obsessed, and when dinner is 'late' (which it has been every night since the girlchild came 17 months ago!) she will go out on to our deck and sit by the dog door growling intermittently.

Last night she had a bad dream and freaked out, cowered in my lap whimpering for half an hour.

She likes to be the first one in there when the girlchild wakes up, but that means every time the girlchild grunts in her sleep someone has to tackle bear as she sprints down the hallway.

Doof is neurotic. Needs constant reassurance and can't handle any extremes of behaviour (he get worked up if people laugh too much, for example). He is totally ball obsessed (well anything you can throw!). He spent half an hour today desperately trying to lick my friend's legs. On walks he MUST pee at least every 12.7 seconds. He's hopeless in storms but instead of rocking back and forth in the corner like a good little nutbag, he sneaks in when you are sleeping, climbs on the bed, then digs his claws into your back and scraaaaaaaapes them down. You tend to wake up 5 feet above the bed howling in pain.