What Is The Most Annoying Thing Your Dogs Do?

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

Zoe stands *just* out of reach when she wants to be picked up and put on the lounge. If you beckon her over she'll unnecessarily walk the long way around the coffee table to come up on your other side, when you reach down to pick her up she flops on to her back. :shrug: She's an old duck though and partially blind so you can't get too upset with her. :D

Moose is rarely annoying (he's my angel :love: :D ) but he does like spending 10 minutes finding the right pee spot before bed while I stand there waiting.

And just cos I can... :D

Cuuuuute! :love:

You've just reminded me of another thing Oscar does...

He takes AGES to find a spot to wee and cocks his legs a *million* times before he goes. And sometimes, after all that, he doesn't even wee and just sits down and looks at me!

I think it's funny when he does his extra vigorous scratching up though :laugh:

Edited by Maeby Fünke

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgias thing is to wait quietly at the door to go out only to turn around and promptly want to come back in.

We used to have a little bell on the door handle for her to ring when she wanted to go out as she is a very quiet dog however we took the bast#*d down when she kept ringing it. :laugh: So now she just waits with a sad look on her face.

let-me-in-i-need-to-go-back-out-again.jpg

Oh more on bear :)

She backchats constantly. And when she was a puppy and we were house training her she worked out that if she toileted she got a treat, so she used to cry to go out, then squat but NOT pee, just squat for a few seconds, then come tearing over for a treat. It took us a few weeks to realise the mulch in the dog yard was staying dry after she 'went' :laugh:

Georgias thing is to wait quietly at the door to go out only to turn around and promptly want to come back in.

We used to have a little bell on the door handle for her to ring when she wanted to go out as she is a very quiet dog however we took the bast#*d down when she kept ringing it. :laugh: So now she just waits with a sad look on her face.

let-me-in-i-need-to-go-back-out-again.jpg

I love that meme so much.

Oh kaos backchats, more to OH then me, it doesn't worry me but it annoys him :laugh:

She also woowoos him when he comes home from work, he says it pisses him off but the other day she was snuggled with me in the lounge and didnt get up... He got a bit upset that she didnt say hello :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

I can honestly say that Justice doesn't have any habits that I find annoying. Even stuff that probably should be annoying I find cute. When he starts snoring during the night and I can't sleep I smile and think about how adorable he is (good thing he's not human or he'd be sleeping in another room lol). When I wake up because he's twisted around and stuck his back paws in my face I smile, kiss them and either start giving him belly rubs or roll over and face the other way so I don't disturb him. I think I may still be stuck in the honeymoon phase even though I've had him for more than four years. :laugh:

Awww, that's lovely!

Right now, Oscar is barking at the toy box :laugh:

Not so annoying ... but my two have a toy box in the lounge that has a lid on it and they will sit there until you open it... Lacey is funny because she will make this funny yip noise until you open it and if you take too long she will stand there and scratch the floor :laugh:

Lacey was toilet trained from a early age (12 weeks) and she has made a game of it ... she will bark to go outside not just to wee but will also run outside and as soon as you sit down she wants to come in.. she does this multiple times a day!

Sarge developed this very annoying habit of throwing himself against the bedroom door when he wanted to be let in. The loud THUD was impossible to ignore. One morning I waited at the door and when he did it, I opened it and said "No!" and he gave me his adorable "I'm sorry I'm in trouble" eyes and slinked into the room. He hasn't done it again and has gone back to politely tapping the door with his foot if he wants to come in or go out.

I had to mention it though because even though it's not happening anymore, it was soooo annoying at the time.

Edited by Mim

The B*****d Dog had the runs last week. He found it appropriate to wake me AFTER he had pooped all though the lounge.

The Princess, if you tell her to sit, she will run and find her "dead duck" then come back and sit, tell her to get out of the house, she will run and fetch the duck, then go outside.

Hmmmmm

Lewis steals the cat food if he can, not so long ago I walked out the door then forgot something and walked straight back in, he got a fright, growled at and hasn't done it for a while.

He likes any sort of poo, bird to roll in, cat or sheep to eat and when younegr did try to eat Rommi's poop. Now he sticks his nose just about in it to have a good long sniff if he isn't growled at but the consuming of it has ceased thank god.

Lewis is also a proficient counter surfer, I have had him down the kennels and come back through the door to find all the yummies stolen out of the food bowls but the dry food left - he never makes a sound.

Rommi is a shocking scabber, any morel or crumb on the floor she will lick up, if not told to get out of the kitchen she would lick the floor clean. I hate licking drives me insane, the noise or thought of it - strange I know - so any licking is stopped very quickly. Now they get "in your own time" and they stop.

The both act like they are never fed. So much so that when I am trying to dish up their food they get sent to their bed. Otherwise I have tap dancing whippets weaving their way around my legs. Only problem with sending them to their beds, is well...... they have to be released, then they bolt that fast they hit the tiles and slip around and run into the table and chairs. Drives me nuts. Why can't they walk in a semi organised fashion or sit or stand bloody still when their food is getting dished up?

Our Blonde Bombshell drooooooooools all over us. He can be 3ft away but the drool still some how ends up on your body, clothes, hair. I love watching him walking in the back paddock with the kids and then all of the sudden you see everyone run in different directions cause he's just shook his head. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Our Blonde Bombshell drooooooooools all over us. He can be 3ft away but the drool still some how ends up on your body, clothes, hair. I love watching him walking in the back paddock with the kids and then all of the sudden you see everyone run in different directions cause he's just shook his head. :thumbsup: :laugh:

The Princess does this, but with strangers when we are out walking. They stop us to ask questions ... and then she shakes ... then I appologise over and over and we leave, embarrassed.

The most annoying thing Jindi does is a high pitch bark when she's chasing Henshcke out the doggy door...both running out after hearing a dog bark. She also does the noise when she sees a cat - it's times like that that makes it hard to love her.

The most annoying thing Henschke does is wipe his slobber onto the carpet after dinner.

Our dogs want to go in and out and in and out and in and out all night every night. Unless it's raining then they are wont even go out to pee. My sister thinks we should get a doggy door installed but I reckon the door banging would be even more irritating.

My shar pei girl needs to be fed at exactly 7am and 6pm every single day. She is certain that she will die if this doesn't occur and takes all necessary measures to bring it to our urgent attention.

And it seems everyone needs to bark with fervour at nothing whenever I'm on the phone. After hanging up the phone because I couldn't hear the other night when they wouldn't shut up I screamed a high pitch and long scream while looking at them and they finally stopped barking but looked at me like I was crazy.

Zeus climbs the apple tree to get all the apples for himself and Kirah to share.

Kirah whines at the back door if we leave it open -- notice me, notice me, NOTICE ME MOMMA!!!

Both jump off the retaining wall -- Zeus also jumps up it too.

Zeus barks to tell me it's time to put him to bed. This is more cute than annoying but sometimes I wish he'd go to bed quietly, especially when I'm all nice and comfy myself.

Kirah eats bugs then burps in my face -- very nasty :vomit:

Kirah does nervous smelly farts. The last time was over a new brush I'd got to try on her coat.

Kirah boings more than a pogo stick. My cheek is still sore and bruised from her boinging into my face and this happened on Saturday morning.

Zeus barking at the front gate then hooning around to the other side to continue barking at the dogs walking by. He's also taught Kirah this so now they bark in stereo.