2. 2. If your dogs sleep in another room, do they sleep:

• On the couch
    • In/on their bed
    • In a crate
    • Other
    • Not applicable
  3. 3. If your dogs sleep outside, do they sleep:

• In a dog kennel
    • In/on their own bed (in a pen/enclosure)
    • Other
    • Not applicable

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one that starts off in my bedroom on the floor next to my bed then sometime during the night she moves out to her own room & her own bed. My second dog sleeps in his crate in his own room. I don't think I would sleep very well if I had a dog on the bed with me...I am a very light sleeper :(

Both dogs know that beds are out-of-bounds.

Hudson is 11wks & is in a crate in the loungeroom. Lexi is 5.5yrs, she is supposed to sleep on her dog bed. Sometimes she does other times I catch her on one of the kids beds or the lounge. She quickly gets off the lounge when she hears me of a morning.

Guest Maeby Fünke

You could a n/a option in each category :)

Good idea, thanks :)

I have done that now, so hopefully it should work!

Under bed on old doona sometimes gravitating to end of my bed in their own beds which are parked on end of my big bed. When puppy was new home she slept under bed but soon as older dog decamped she would start whining to be lifted up onto bed.

Guest Maeby Fünke

It looks like a lot of dogs sleep outside...

I'm wondering do they sleep in crates or in/on a bed on the verandah or something??

Mine sleep on a trampoline bed but when I check on them if I get up during the night, they are often sleeping on the concrete. It is actually quite nice outside at night here, if I could, I would sleep outside!

Once it starts getting a bit cool, they sleep inside.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Mine sleep on a trampoline bed but when I check on them if I get up during the night, they are often sleeping on the concrete. It is actually quite nice outside at night here, if I could, I would sleep outside!

Once it starts getting a bit cool, they sleep inside.

This makes me feel better because, sometimes on a hot night, I will find Poppy sleeping outside on the patio...

And I worry about her hips/joints (she is an 8 month old Lab).

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Mine sleeps outside... He has been known to sleep under the car (has got himself a bit of a cave going on), on the verandah, on the back of the ute, under the house...

He has a couch on the verandah but he never sleeps there any more :( he's a farm dog so I guess he just prefers to be all tough and manly biggrin.gif

My two have their choice of beds in the kitchen and they are locked in their at night. Summer and winter they are in there. They are rarely invited onto the bed for cuddles in the morning and that is it. They are IG's so they are on you the whole time you sit on the lounge, or are doing things around the house, so they do not join us in bed too. As much as they would like to, it does not happen.

Bella sleeps on the sofa to start with, but ends up in her own bed in my room, and then gets on my bed when she wakes up in the morning. For a long time she downright refused to use her bed (after using it with no problems for about a year), she's recently decided that she quite likes her bed after all!

Roughie Harri sleeps with me. The 3 Border Collies sleep in their crates in the dining room. And they have hammock beds inside in the back room for day time use.

Outside, choice of tramp beds with big comfy beds on or big kennels with doona's in.

My old dally sleeps inside at night now, in his bed in the dining room.( only room i can close off that doesn't have a couch he may get on)

My two smaller ones sleep on the bed, and the two older ones sleep in their own beds in the bedroom.

The older ones used to jump up on the bed in the morning but neither of them can jump up now, and I'm worried about using steps because they are unsteady on their feet. I wish the bed was lower to the floor!

Barkley sleeps in my bed, Simi sleeps in my room in a crate, but when OH is away she sleeps on the bed :)

Recently Flash and Acheron have been moved outside at night. They have beds if they want them and no worries about getting cold up here. If weather is bad (monsoon, cyclone etc) then they will come inside.