Creepy!

moosmum

Finished my evening critter feeds on the farm and came in for the night,just sat watching the dog polish off his dinner when he looks up and growls.I ignored that,but he barked a "hey,Look!" and growled some more so I went out and followed his gaze to see a scruffy looking bloke in his 30's standing at the corner of the yard with a tomahawk,in the dusk.

With both dogs barking the guy started calling out 'Hello?'.

When he saw I was going to see this bloke,the dog ran ahead,hackles up and kept between us till I asked him to stay back,but he lunged forward again snarling when the guy tried come closer.

He says hes looking for guy he knew. I says 'we've been here 27 yrs,who is it?' Lots of mumbling and false starts to get out that he met the guy a couple months ago when he came over another time.

Got the O.H (who was oblivious,)while the Dog stayed to keep him put. I left it to O.H and the dog and came inside.

Turns out the guy wanted to stay here the night :eek: Says his dad left him and his brothers a nearby property and his brother told him it was fixed up and livable,so he had been dropped at the gate to stay a while.(its basicaly two lined garden sheds and a tank)

He had no lights or supplies,so maybe he could sleep on our verandah or some thing?

I hardly slept a wink,imagining this guy being drawn to our lights in the night like a moth,and every sound waking me.I even got up once to investigate a sound in the doorway,but it was just the dog sleeping accross the entry :laugh:

I hope hes long gone today,O.H says he told the bloke the place has been sitting so long it will be filled with snakes and spiders.

Did you say he had a tomahawk?? And you let him stay at your place? Cripes, you're either very trusting or have a really big dog and scary OH! :eek:

OHHH No! He was sent on way! but knowing he was likely nearby at his shed was not a nice thought.Big dog or not.

Did you say he had a tomahawk?? And you let him stay at your place? Cripes, you're either very trusting or have a really big dog and scary OH! :eek:

OHHH No! He was sent on way! but knowing he was likely nearby at his shed was not a nice thought.Big dog or not.

Phew! You had me going there! :laugh:

I would have called the police. Someone wandering about with that type of weapon sounds mentally unstable...goodness knows what they've been up to...

The whole thing is so weird and ...disturbing?

Surely he had to at least know there was no electricity so he had to take lights? Getting dropped of by a friend with out the friend driving to the huts and seeing what was there? He couldn't have brought much in the way of supplies if he walked up.

I'd like to see if hes gone,but don't want to go near the place

Phew! You had me going there! :laugh:

I would have called the police. Someone wandering about with that type of weapon sounds mentally unstable...goodness knows what they've been up to...

:laugh: If we'd let him stay,you would have to wonder who was most mentaly unstable of us all!

Agree. The whole thing is disturbing. Perhaps you could call the police and they could do a 'drive by'...who knows, maybe he's already known to the police.

Do you live in a rural area or suburbs?

Its rural,we are surrounded by bushland. The police couldn't see anything driving by.The place is set back from the road a fair ways on a rocky incline.

Yeah, I think I will. I will have both dogs out tonight Moss has been kenneled while in season but finished now up.

There will be no way the dogs will let him in the yard,while there out there.Its just too un-nerving.

He could be hiding out here, on the run or some thing.

And I should have a record of his behaviour. If he did manage to sneak in past the dogs they won't be happy.Unlikely,but he can't be too rational. They already know hes not welcome.

So scary! Glad the dogs and OH were there! When I was a kid my dad bought a remote farm and just before we moved there some strangers turned up asking for petrol for their car but beat the then farmer up, cut the phone lines, held the family hostage overnight and ransacked the place for food and anything of value. I think they also took their vehicle. The ticky found the family the next day and got the husband medical help. None of this worried my dad of course and we never had a good yard dog either! My sister's remote farm on the other hand - her yard dogs know me but even I wouldn't try and get in the house without her being there to give the ok! Lots of shooters ignore the no trespass signs and get run off the property!

That guy may have taken the tomahawk thinking he'd need it to cut through brush to get to your place but he is clearly loopy walking when it is getting dark in unfamiliar terrain and he obviously doesn't have a clue about farm life to think he can just wander in to a stranger's property. I'd also ring the police and let them know because he is an accident waiting to happen. He may turn up at someone else's place. He may come back to your place and get attacked by the dogs or he may even succumb to thirst or a snake bite at the property he is supposed to be living at. Better the police know he's in the area I reckon. The dog's knew from the time they laid eyes on him that he wasn't supposed to be there - they are a good judge of character.

Yeah, I think I will. I will have both dogs out tonight Moss has been kenneled while in season but finished now up.

There will be no way the dogs will let him in the yard,while there out there.Its just too un-nerving.

He could be hiding out here, on the run or some thing.

And I should have a record of his behaviour. If he did manage to sneak in past the dogs they won't be happy.Unlikely,but he can't be too rational. They already know hes not welcome.

Personally, I think you are better having them inside with you rather than out. If he does come back, they will let you know and at least they are protected from him in case he tries something stupid.