Back Seat Buddy

Sail_Away

Thanks everyone! My car width is 130cm and that's the width of the medium.. the large is 140cm so I thought that would still fit my car with 5cm either side but going by the comments of the large being too big for an

X-Trail I can't see how it would work in my car then laugh.gif Also the best price I've found for them is www.vetproductsdirect.com.au… any other recommendations?

Thanks everyone! My car width is 130cm and that's the width of the medium.. the large is 140cm so I thought that would still fit my car with 5cm either side but going by the comments of the large being too big for an

X-Trail I can't see how it would work in my car then laugh.gif Also the best price I've found for them is www.vetproductsdirect.com.au… any other recommendations?

The last time I searched for one for a friend, including postage, my pet warehouse was the cheapest - and service was good too. smile.gif

Finally…. Just ordered a large fleece BSB online… I mulled over the sizing for so long but in the end figured the medium would fit door to door now but the large will be fine with the extra 5cm either side and will be more versatile in the long run! Never taken so long to decide on car accessory before! hahaha - Can't wait to receive it and hopefully it's all it's cracked up to be :)

My BSB arrived today!!!!! What a very very well made product! It looks like it will fit my car perfectly even though I went with the large.. My only problem is I don't understand how to fit it to the anchor points (on ceiling) in car…??? It comes with x2 tabs and x2 bolts but I don't get how you put that into the anchor points? It's probably very simple but my anchor points just have a metal 'ring' type thing that you can clip stuff too but no idea where the bolt goes into….confused.gif

I don't know your car. In most cases, you will need to remove a plastic protective cap or tab over the existing factory mounting points.

Sometimes an existing mount and then screw In the mounts supplied.

I have it all set up now… Someone told me that some anchor points in cars have the option to screw in bolts etc but mine doesn't so that is why I was getting confused. The straps that attache around the headrests were a bit long but I've managed to double them up and make it work. Really loving the BSB its incredibly well made and my dog seems more relaxed in the car when moving around as she isn't slipping around on the canvas etc. Thanks for all your help explaining this everyone, much appreciated!!! thumbsup1.gif

• 7 months later...

Hey all I'd just like to revive this post as I need to find a way that my dog can travel comfortably. He acts weird in the car, tries to hide, either under the seat or puts his head under my arm. Although he is not naughty I can see his distress. He loves going places and always jumps happily into the car in anticipation of going to one of his favourite places.

I'm not quite sure how these hammocks/backseat buddys work...so does anyone have a pic? And what are they like for smaller dogs? Has anyone used the MotorPro brand? Do they easily slip off to be changed regularly from car to car or will I need to buy 2? And do they really have to take up the whole back seat? I want room for my son in the back too. And can the dog be restrained by his harness in one in case of an accident, or do they just sit/lay in them?

Edited by teela

My three westies love the back seat buddy. They travel well and snooze!

BTW I've solved the problem of not being able to use seat belt restraint with a harness with the BSB. I found some ute ties with double ended clips that work perfectly clipping into the ring on back of the seat where the child restraint thingo is and then onto their harnesses thumbsup1.gif

For pics of the BSB and ute ties just google! thumbsup1.gif Personally I wouldn't bother with the cheap ones. My BSB has had three westies on it and is 5 years old and looks like new.

Edited by westiemum