Aggressive Dog

M United

He is not the smartest guy and im sure the bootcamp team didn't explain to easy enough what needs to be done. The scales believe it or not where in the waiting room, how can a vet have scales in the waiting room? My vet i go to actually has the scale in the waiting room also surely that is not aloud by the council. To me the vet is to be part blamed to as they were passed over responsibility when he handed them the leash. They needed to take him off the leash to get his proper weight. Im sure the vet knows he is an aggressive dog as they treat him. Anyhow when he walks his dog into the vet he has it on a muzzle now still at the end of the day the boxer died.

many vet Clinics have scales in the waiting room...Clients often like to just pop in and weigh their pets...I am really puzzled as to why you consider it not only a problem but a Council problem :confused:

Because the council said they had a problem with it and i would understand it as a problem if certain vets had to take off collars and leads to weight there dogs for whatever reason as not all dogs get on with each other.

Sorry but that is a load of piggy poo ....scales for weighing animals on private premises have nothing what so ever to do with the council..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He comes and spends hours at my shop every day. Usually 2-3 hours. He doesn't really have any friends just his dogs. So i give him the time of day not nice being lonely.

Do you live near a bridge? :laugh:

Not sure the point of that comment?

He comes and spends hours at my shop every day. Usually 2-3 hours. He doesn't really have any friends just his dogs. So i give him the time of day not nice being lonely.

I think Mantis is implying that the OP may be a *dare I say it* troll...

I think Mantis is implying that the OP may be a *dare I say it* troll...

Do you think I'm right, or wrong?

Aargh, I don't trust my troll-dar any more after falling for that thread about the dog and the foster child... Maybe the OP just really needs to vent... and throw in extra info to address all questions... And mention dog whisperers...

Ok so I won't fall off my chair if you are right mantis!

Edited by Simply Grand

Anyhow with the not being able to let the dog off the leash in a park, personally that would hurt me as i love seeing our dog run her legs off in the park and play with all the other dogs. I get so much enjoyment out of it. Of course you would love your dog even if you cant let them off a leash, they are your friend for life but the park is a big thing for me.

Then you should possibly reconsider your own plans to buy an amstaff and think about buying a breed that is more suited to running around a park and playing with all the other dogs.

Aargh, I don't trust my troll-dar any more after falling for that thread about the dog and the foster child... Maybe the OP just really needs to vent... and throw in extra info to address all questions... And mention dog whisperers...

Ok so I won't fall off my chair if you are right mantis!

Thank goodness, I couldn't handle you hurting yourself if I am right, which I'm pretty sure I am. :laugh:

You have to be suss, when someone just joins up & starts a thread about Bull Breeds. Yes I know I am paranoid, but my radar kicks in straight away. :rofl:

:offtopic: - sorry.

Just thought I would mention that The Project on channel 10 tonight has a story about banning of specific breeds. At least I think thats what it is about - just caught the tail end of a trailer :)

Did anyone see this segment? Lady had her dog taken by rangers while she was at work one day and it spent months "in custody" until it could be proved it was mostly a Boxer. Lovely dog and family - how devastating to come home and find your family pet had been seized for no reason - happy ending for them at least - after much expense.

Anyhow with the not being able to let the dog off the leash in a park, personally that would hurt me as i love seeing our dog run her legs off in the park and play with all the other dogs. I get so much enjoyment out of it. Of course you would love your dog even if you cant let them off a leash, they are your friend for life but the park is a big thing for me.

Then you should possibly reconsider your own plans to buy an amstaff and think about buying a breed that is more suited to running around a park and playing with all the other dogs.

Why would i not allow an amstaff to play with other dogs? My current family small dog has no issues playing with staffys, and a fair few friends of mine own english staffys and i really enjoy that breed. Going to the park is something i enjoy doing. But just to clarify something if i had a dog for whatever reason couldn't be taken to the park then i will deal with that, its not all just about the park.

Anyhow i started this thread not to create issues or problems but just to get other dog owners/lovers perspective on this issue that happened, not to "troll". Since i know the guy and like his dogs my view could be a tad biased and also there is a lot more people (like on this site) who know a lot more about dogs then me, and i value your opinion. Anyhow im trying to help this person without being to obvious. I got him Ceaser Milans show and he watched the first season. He already has told me he learned a few things that he is doing wrong. The first was that his dogs walk him, they pull him. He now realizes he is not the alpha of his 3 dogs, they control him. Second thing was about him riding past his dogs on a skateboard could help them overcome there issues with skateboards. Also he knows now that getting the dogs in order is an ongoing commitment, especially the big one would be life commitment.

WIth the comments on him paying $1500 for training and not being able to afford $200 to save his dog (which was before the training) i have no idea why. Im not him. Im not here to speculate what he does with his money.

Am i allowed to post a photo of his dog/s in this thread?

Why would i not allow an amstaff to play with other dogs? My current family small dog has no issues playing with staffys, and a fair few friends of mine own english staffys and i really enjoy that breed. Going to the park is something i enjoy doing. But just to clarify something if i had a dog for whatever reason couldn't be taken to the park then i will deal with that, its not all just about the park.

Anyhow i started this thread not to create issues or problems but just to get other dog owners/lovers perspective on this issue that happened, not to "troll". Since i know the guy and like his dogs my view could be a tad biased and also there is a lot more people (like on this site) who know a lot more about dogs then me, and i value your opinion. Anyhow im trying to help this person without being to obvious. I got him Ceaser Milans show and he watched the first season. He already has told me he learned a few things that he is doing wrong. The first was that his dogs walk him, they pull him. He now realizes he is not the alpha of his 3 dogs, they control him. Second thing was about him riding past his dogs on a skateboard could help them overcome there issues with skateboards. Also he knows now that getting the dogs in order is an ongoing commitment, especially the big one would be life commitment.

WIth the comments on him paying $1500 for training and not being able to afford $200 to save his dog (which was before the training) i have no idea why. Im not him. Im not here to speculate what he does with his money.

Just a brief FYI - there is no such thing as an english staffy.

Or riding past on skateboards could help cement their fear of skateboards. What a bizzare thing to do to a dog that's scared of something - bombard them with the fear :eek:

And I wouldn't post photos of someone else's dog without their permission. I wouldn't like this much detail about myself posted on a public forum without my knowledge, full stop!

Edited by minimax

Just a brief FYI - there is no such thing as an english staffy.

Or riding past on skateboards could help cement their fear of skateboards. What a bizzare thing to do to a dog that's scared of something - bombard them with the fear :eek:

And I wouldn't post photos of someone else's dog without their permission. I wouldn't like this much detail about myself posted on a public forum without my knowledge, full stop!

Ye me and my friends all refer to them as english staffys i understand its not the technical term, but im not awlays politically correct. He tells me to post them on sites and youtube.

Learning from Cesar Milan's TV show isn't exactly a good thing, especially with cases of aggression.

I'll also ask again in case you missed it the first time; who is the behaviourist you recommended this man should contact?

Ill get back to you on that, i didn't recommend the behaviourist another friend of mine did. I just passed on the information to him.

If he was my dog he would have been at a behaviourist already and ill be working with him, but his not mine. Please dont treat this case as my dog. Im just trying to help someone. Sorry if i don't know everything about dogs and there behaviour and i apoligize if i offended anyone with anything i have said.

Cesar Milan has a lot to answer for... and not always in a good way. His TV show is edited heavily to show only his successes... we'll never know about the ones he couldn't "fix"...

If you tried to apply his techniques with 2 of my dogs, you'd be bitten - badly.

Being calm is a good thing... but try being assertive at your own risk. If you have no real clue about actual dog body language, then don't be promoting anything Cesar Milan to a novice... especially one with a large dog displaying the behaviours you are describing.

T.