Aggressive Dog

M United

It's not a breed thing. My bullmastiff is the softest, most submissive dog that you'd ever meet. Some dogs don't appreciate her in your face bull breed play style, but she does take the hint if the other dog doesn't like it. Not saying that all Bullmastiffs are that way, it's a combo of the dog's personality and how well socialized it has been from puppyhood (not just other dogs, but exposure to people and noises, strange objects and other animals etc)

That dog is lucky (or unlucky) to still be alive. Sounds like it's only going to be a matter of time before it hurts someone or something and finally gets pts.

That breed combination is a very very strong animal and unless the owner is very strong, i can't see him being able to stop his dog if it reaches a high level of arousal.

If you can't convince him to adhere to the imposed rules, maybe you should try to get him to consider having the dog pts. Sounds harsh, but if those rules aren't being followed, the dog will end up getting pts at the cost of another innocent dog or possibly kid's life.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a breed thing. My bullmastiff is the softest, most submissive dog that you'd ever meet. Some dogs don't appreciate her in your face bull breed play style, but she does take the hint if the other dog doesn't like it. Not saying that all Bullmastiffs are that way, it's a combo of the dog's personality and how well socialized it has been from puppyhood (not just other dogs, but exposure to people and noises, strange objects and other animals etc)

That dog is lucky (or unlucky) to still be alive. Sounds like it's only going to be a matter of time before it hurts someone or something and finally gets pts.

That breed combination is a very very strong animal and unless the owner is very strong, i can't see him being able to stop his dog if it reaches a high level of arousal.

If you can't convince him to adhere to the imposed rules, maybe you should try to get him to consider having the dog pts. Sounds harsh, but if those rules aren't being followed, the dog will end up getting pts at the cost of another innocent dog or possibly kid's life.

Its in his hands now. It doesn't hurt humans, when it goes for a skateboarder it tries to take him down by the ankles and go for the skateboard, not interested in hurting humans which is still not good but that's the reality. Animals on the other hand is a different story.

I believe he should be on the muzzle the whole time but dont believe he should sleep in a cage at home. I also dont believe he should just be walking that dog and not his others if his big dog is on a metal muzzle. The council though that has declared him dangerous is not the city council so i have no idea how they can enforce it, hopefully they communicate with other councils.

Anyhow i got some good advise in this thread which was what i wanted so i done what i can.

Edited by M United

:(

In Cesar's TV shows there are NUMEROUS warnings to "NOT TRY THIS AT HOME"

This is done for very good reasons.

Cesar has years of experience working around aggressive and strong dogs. he is aware of every movement and is quick and smart enough to then act ...he KNOWS an awful lot about how dogs' brains work.

he has a backup of experienced staff on which to rely

there is such a thing as editing ... what we see is the finished product.

An owner who has had a dog turn out like your customer's is NOT a suitable person to apply the techniques . :(

I also dont believe he should just be walking that dog and not his others if his big dog is on a metal muzzle.

Why is this?

IMO-

Controlling a large aggressive dog requires an owner's complete attention, and strength .

A dog may well gain courage from being in a pack ..and so react in a stronger manner .

Walking 3 dogs ..if one lunges or attacks will probably lead to injury , and possibly death, to dogs or human .

:(

In Cesar's TV shows there are NUMEROUS warnings to "NOT TRY THIS AT HOME"

This is done for very good reasons.

Cesar has years of experience working around aggressive and strong dogs. he is aware of every movement and is quick and smart enough to then act ...he KNOWS an awful lot about how dogs' brains work.

he has a backup of experienced staff on which to rely

there is such a thing as editing ... what we see is the finished product.

An owner who has had a dog turn out like your customer's is NOT a suitable person to apply the techniques . :(

I also dont believe he should just be walking that dog and not his others if his big dog is on a metal muzzle.

Why is this?

IMO-

Controlling a large aggressive dog requires an owner's complete attention, and strength .

A dog may well gain courage from being in a pack ..and so react in a stronger manner .

Walking 3 dogs ..if one lunges or attacks will probably lead to injury , and possibly death, to dogs or human .

I know his dogs and have seen them many times in action so to speak many many times. This big dog goes off lunges for a few seconds then complete calms down instantly once the skateboarder for example passes. On a muzzle in my opinion he is safe to walk with his other dogs. The only bad issue i see is if he somehow gets off the leash even with a muzzle on can easily knock over a skateboarder and the fall could cause harm to the skateboarder, but they wont matter if there is 1 dog or more in his control.

I might add that when the younger dogs annoy him to much he snaps to put them in there place. I have tested the water here and can easily get him to stop and calm down and move him away. I myself made him sort of calm down near another dog. That is why i was thinking there could be some hope with professional training and proper handling of the owner. But i still think he should be on a muzzle all the time, only takes 1 snap to do serious damage.

I haven't read the whole thread, but this is my take on it...

this is not a dog I would like to own- why is he exercising a reactive dog around busy areas? I saw that you mentioned if a chain or leash (can't remember) snapped then there would be bad results- this dog should under effective control at all times with re-inforced everything. It being walked where it's lunging at skaters and other dogs is not a good thing- it is not helping. I realize that you (not you specifically) can't keep it in a box but you can limit it to reactive places.

Maybe owners of reactive dogs would like to give you some advise, as I maybe completely way off base.

No he has no car no license. His dogs are his life. He lives for walking his dogs. He walks them day and at night. To be honest his dogs get treated very well, they easily walk 4-5 hours a day at minimum. Discipline is another issue. Anyhow like i said at the start of the thread he is not a stupid person but he is not 100% there in the head if you know what i mean. He doesn't think like you and me. If i was told by the council to put my dog on a muzzle (because its dangerous) he/she would be on a muzzle.

1360800019[/url]' post='6122557']

No he has no car no license. His dogs are his life. He lives for walking his dogs. He walks them day and at night. To be honest his dogs get treated very well, they easily walk 4-5 hours a day at minimum. Discipline is another issue. Anyhow like i said at the start of the thread he is not a stupid person but he is not 100% there in the head if you know what i mean. He doesn't think like you and me. If i was told by the council to put my dog on a muzzle (because its dangerous) he/she would be on a muzzle.

And that right there could be a very dangerous combination.....I don't think he should be in charge of a dangerous dog, ihis situation is now a ticking time bomb.

He wants to appeal it and take his dog to court as he believes it is not dangerous because its gets on very well with humans. All the prosecution has to do is bring 3 randoms dogs in the court and there goes his case. Anyhow if/when he does go to court i wouldn't be suprised if the dog gets pts, because the judge will be able to judge his character very well and realize as posted above because he doesn't listen to the law there could be further issues. If its on a muzzle the whole time i personally thin the dog would be fine because like i said the dog calms down in seconds like nothing happened after it sees a dog or skateboard but at the moment its not on a muzzle which is worrying, a stubborn owner i suppose.

Its in his hands now. It doesn't hurt humans, when it goes for a skateboarder it tries to take him down by the ankles and go for the skateboard, not interested in hurting humans which is still not good but that's the reality. Animals on the other hand is a different story.

of course it is hurting humans. Why do you keep making excuses for this dog?

like i said the dog calms down in seconds like nothing happened after it sees a dog or skateboard

Of course it does :)

A so-called 'dangerous' dog doesn't usally walk around frothing at the mouth , or even be hard to handle!

This type of dog is dangerous because it will attack, or has attacked .

Whether an attack takes 5 second ,or 10 minutes ..an attack can cause grave harm .

Im not making excuses. Im telling it how it is. When i have seen it go for skateboarders its intent is to grab the skateboard. In this process hurt could come to the skateboarder by falling over or getting an ankle bite. Muzzle would solve this. How do you think its hurting humans when it hasn't hurt any human in its lifetime?

like i said the dog calms down in seconds like nothing happened after it sees a dog or skateboard

Of course it does :)

A so-called 'dangerous' dog doesn't usally walk around frothing at the mouth , or even be hard to handle!

This type of dog is dangerous because it will attack, or has attacked .

Whether an attack takes 5 second ,or 10 minutes ..an attack can cause grave harm .

Im not denying it is dangerous, i know it is, its strong. My whole point was can it be trained and have a muzzle on after that and still be walked in the streets or will it eventually be pts.

Im not making excuses. Im telling it how it is. When i have seen it go for skateboarders its intent is to grab the skateboard. In this process hurt could come to the skateboarder by falling over or getting an ankle bite. Muzzle would solve this. How do you think its hurting humans when it hasn't hurt any human in its lifetime?

and if the human hits their head on the footpath, breaks their ankle in the fall? Get real, the dog needs to be PTS and the sooner the better.

and if the human hits their head on the footpath, breaks their ankle in the fall? Get real, the dog needs to be PTS and the sooner the better.

If the skateboarder hits a pedestrian will they be pts to? Lots of ifs and buts this situation is not clear as day. Another point if the skateboarder is going slow the dog does nothing if the skaetboarder is flying past dangerously the dog loses control. Like i said i think a muzzle would fix this. A skateboarder would not be attacked if his riding slowly like he should be (legally) and also would not fall because he wouldnt be attacked in the first place.

My whole point was can it be trained and have a muzzle on after that and still be walked in the streets or will it eventually be pts.

that can only be decided by hiring the services and experience of a REPUTABLE and personally RECOMMENDED dog behaviour professional.

people here will be quite happy to recommend you someone who is honest and known personally by folks here ....and who will have no rash promises of a gauranteed 'fix' to entice gullible people.