Aggressive Dog

M United

Can't he walk this dog (with muzzle on of course ) early in the morning or in the evening when there are not many of the skateboarders around?

I don't understand why he would take the dog out during the day when he knows rightly the skate boarders upset the dog? :confused: It seems like a very dangerous situation to me!

Edited by Baileys mum

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really sounding like this man is in a state of denial about his dog. I can understand that because it is very common for people to take any criticism of their dog personally. Especially given the agenda of many people to deny any genetic basis for behaviour and to blame the owner. As far as he is concerned, he loves his dog and he probably thinks others are to blame if the dog harms them. It would be hard for him to accept that his dog is 'bad' when there are so many good things about it.

So now you have advice for him to see a lawyer if he starts talking about appeal, names of good trainers, and the advice to obey the conditions of the declaration. If he is unwilling to take this advice from you, I would stop entertaining him in the shop and call council to report his dog for being unmuzzled. By starting this thread here you went to a lot of trouble to help this man, and hopefully are in a better position to help him now. Withdraw your support if he just wants to use you to listen to his whinging, it's not really fair on you.

Yes this is exactly what i wanted to do, and get advise and feedback from people who has been in this situation or people who know more then me and get there views. If he doesn't want help that's up to him. I just had to try and help because i like dogs and of course like his dogs.

I myself see around 5-20 skateboards in a 15 hour day every day.

Anyhow i had a chat to him and he said if he loses the appeal he is going to comply with everything they ask. He doesn't want to lose his dog. Good on him.

The cage in the backyard though would be hard to comply as his dog sleeps in his house.

Ye i told him that there not going to do inspections at midnight when your sleeping. I said just get a cage if they require it.

As long as he's careful & he doesn't accidently let the dog escape via the front door, then he could be in trouble...but I agree they are hardly going to inspect where he is sleeping at midnight!

Ye i told him that there not going to do inspections at midnight when your sleeping. I said just get a cage if they require it.

As long as he's careful & he doesn't accidently let the dog escape via the front door, then he could be in trouble...but I agree they are hardly going to inspect where he is sleeping at midnight!

He is actually pretty careful. If its a stinking hot night and he has his window open, his dog is tied to a long lead overnight.

He is actually pretty careful. If its a stinking hot night and he has his window open, his dog is tied to a long lead overnight.

and you know this how? The "owner" told you? The same person who is carrying the muzzle instead of putting it on his dog?

The guy lives in the city so the only place he walks is in the city. And no he is not rich he lives in a housing commission. My business is in the city that is how i met him.

If he lives in housing commission he is not allowed to own a declared dangerous dog. As soon as Housing Commission get wind of him having a dog that is declared dangerous (the Council will likely alert them), they will insist the dog is removed. Because you can't rehome a declared dog, unless he moves he will have to put the dog to sleep.

He will also not be able to build the enclosure in his housing commission property.

and you know this how? The "owner" told you? The same person who is carrying the muzzle instead of putting it on his dog?

Yes you are correct.

The guy lives in the city so the only place he walks is in the city. And no he is not rich he lives in a housing commission. My business is in the city that is how i met him.

If he lives in housing commission he is not allowed to own a declared dangerous dog. As soon as Housing Commission get wind of him having a dog that is declared dangerous (the Council will likely alert them), they will insist the dog is removed. Because you can't rehome a declared dog, unless he moves he will have to put the dog to sleep.

He will also not be able to build the enclosure in his housing commission property.

Not going to fight his battle for him i helped him out as much as i can, he can do the rest.

Not going to fight his battle for him i helped him out as much as i can, he can do the rest.

Of course, not your battle. But worthwhile letting him know that as soon as HC get wind of the dog being declared they will insist the dog is removed. His only option will be to PTS.

If the dog has issues with skateboards, I'm wondering whether it might be an idea to buy him a skateboard and see if he can learn that they aren't scary or in need of killing. Maybe just put one down in his house and let the dog have his way with it until he realises that it's not going to do him any harm. Worth a try?

What I'd do is just put the skateboard down in a hall or room and then walk the dog into the room/hall, and see what he does when he sees a stationary skateboard. Let him sniff it, push it around, whatever. Don't push him near it or indicate that it's there, just see how he reacts to it being there and see how his curiosity at the "new thing" develops.

Who knows, maybe the dog can be taught to ride a skateboard himself eventually... *grin*

T.

If the dog has issues with skateboards, I'm wondering whether it might be an idea to buy him a skateboard and see if he can learn that they aren't scary or in need of killing. Maybe just put one down in his house and let the dog have his way with it until he realises that it's not going to do him any harm. Worth a try?

What I'd do is just put the skateboard down in a hall or room and then walk the dog into the room/hall, and see what he does when he sees a stationary skateboard. Let him sniff it, push it around, whatever. Don't push him near it or indicate that it's there, just see how he reacts to it being there and see how his curiosity at the "new thing" develops.

Who knows, maybe the dog can be taught to ride a skateboard himself eventually... *grin*

T.

Its been done before (dogs riding skateboards) lol. Good idea i should do it with my dog because she goes nuts (only barking and chase) when she sees a bike or skateboard near her.

Edited by M United