Kenz's On-going Saga

ness

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All stupid back end - she is now struggling to do her tricks that she could do perfectly well 48 hours ago. She just goes nope can't. Started last night and when I asked her again today she still couldn't. These are tricks she is rock solid in and has been doing each day for the last few weeks to try and help. I can't seem to even let her out of the car for a quiet sniff at the park without struggling. :(

Edited by ness

Yeah 2 months strict rest for the first repair then the minimum time frame before considering the second repair is 8 weeks and then she will need 8 weeks strict rest. Then she is allowed to start short leash walks. 8 months minimum is the total time back to a normal life and yes it seems like an eternity :(.

And thats just presuming it all goes to plan :(.

Edited by ness

And thats just presuming it all goes to plan :(.

I'm sure that's the toughest part - no guarantees. If you could know for certain that more surgery would guarantee her a normal happy life free from anymore pain, then of course you'd do it. But since you've already been down that road... :(

Can the vets give you any sort of confidence in the surgeries? Can they give you any sort of likelihood (eg. a certain percentage chance) that it'll fix her up?

Hmm yes we have had a percentage chance quoted its ok its not great. Then of course the complication is the BCC issue. Given she is struggling to cope and its winter I am very concerned how she will get on over summer. :(.

Crystal ball is not helping :(. Poor girl. Drugs aren't really a long term anything solution for her and don't really seem to be improving the situation greatly. One very bored BC :(.

What do you do with a mind that is so very willing but a body that can't cope with anything :cry:.

For me, it would be time to think about that power we have to give our furred family the wings to soar away from pain and frustration ..to leave broken bodies behind ...

for you, ness, I have no suggestions .I do hope you are taking time to care for yourself as well - when we have a constant worry and are coping with illness in a person or animal we love , it takes a huge toll.

Been there, done that .

Be kind to you.

:kissbetter:

What do you do with a mind that is so very willing but a body that can't cope with anything :cry:.

For me, it would be time to think about that power we have to give our furred family the wings to soar away from pain and frustration ..to leave broken bodies behind ...

I have been hesitating to say something similar as I couldn't find the words. I to have been there and done that. One of the hardest things ever. Take care, you are not alone

My problem with that is surgery - may help (or at least mean she may be able to do a little more) or I may be stuck in a position of having spent lots of money and put her through a few more months of hell with no real positive long range outcome. I just don't feel very optimistic anymore :(. I have had recommendations from the experts of both ways but I just don't know :(.

I have had recommendations from the experts of both ways but I just don't know :(.

and that's the really hard part, how much more do you put her through on the chance it may work. Can you live with yourself if you don't give her that chance, can you live with yourself if you do and it doesn't work? We all have our limits and I really feel for you Ness, I really do. I don't regret my decision making but I wish it hadn't had to be.