Beautiful Rescue Video

Freshstart16

I looked up the Hope for Paws website. They aim to rescue dogs off the streets, like Troy was.

They have a gorgeous photo of Troy in his new home .... sound asleep on an expensive looking leather sofa, with head on soft cushion.

Where he deserves to be.

Troy

Another rescue video from Hope for Paws page (lots more, too!).

German Shepherd named Biggie abandoned in a 20 ft deep river channel. Wonderful watching the man gradually winning his trust, too. And all the others getting him up to safety.

I looked up the Hope for Paws website. They aim to rescue dogs off the streets, like Troy was.

They have a gorgeous photo of Troy in his new home .... sound asleep on an expensive looking leather sofa, with head on soft cushion.

Where he deserves to be.

http://www.flickr.co...d75/8347890244/

lol i was about to post the same photo, later today, im going to watch a million of there videos. I wish i was in a postion to do something like this. Rescues like this inspire me every day.

What a lovely boofa! The rescuers were so patient gaining his trust.

Say what? If you listened to the video, he said we are going to be famous.

That beautiful dog was obviously no threat, so why did't he pick it up after half an hour, or call a Vet?

Such a beautiful big boofa, who got exploited by people who wanted internet fame. :mad

Personally I don't see anything wrong with video, he was taking his time to try and keep the dog calm, so what if they wanted fame, they are a rescue the more publicity the better.

It was a great outcome all round, Troy had a forever home and the rescue has captured the attention of people all over the world for the great work they do, what's wrong with that?

The dog was at no point mistreated in the video and he was obviously taken for treatment and the picture of him on his new home he looks like a brand new dog, no skin issues and happy as. Great job!

That beautiful dog was obviously no threat, so why did't he pick it up after half an hour, or call a Vet?

Such a beautiful big boofa, who got exploited by people who wanted internet fame. :mad

What I heard in the video was that the rescuer said "he's going to be famous" - referring to Troy, the dog - that Troy would be famous after people saw his rescue video, not that the rescuer was going to be famous.

I've watched quite a few of this guy's rescue videos over the years and I don't think in any way at all he's doing it for fame. He loves dogs and wants to rescue the strays, rehabititate them and rehome them. He videos the rescues to raise awareness of his charity and get donations, a lot of the dogs need pretty expensive medical attention before they can be rehomed.

The rescuer was talking about the dog, Troy, and highlighting the perils for homeless dogs on the streets ... and what a good future can be secured for them. That's a key reason for what that rescue, Hope for Paws, does. I not only listened & looked, but also did some thinking.

It's why I made a point of then doing some research & finding their website to establish this.

And it's why I then posted a second example of retrieving a German Shepherd from a 20 ft deep river channel. It's what this rescue group does. (You would have noticed that German Shepherd Rescue Inc added their name to that effort.)

The work is not that different from the RSPCA Rescue which used to screen on our TV .... dogs and cats being retrieved from danger & a better future worked towards.

Edited by mita

well that gave the tearducts a good flush :laugh:

some people are amazing , that guy clearly was scared heights, but still did it , look at him come back up that ladder, that'd be me, hate it but still had to do it :thumbsup: