Stomach Issues

Vurd2BB

Hey Vurd, wonder if you go to my vets, i got the same lecture about feeding raw when i saw a different vet there, ( who i can't stand, really patronising and condesending,my vets was on hols)When my vet came back he said he had no problem with me feeding raw.

Hi,I have had gsd,s for over 3O years. I have found they dont tolerate some raw meats very well, roo meat goes right thru them or they vomit it straight back up. The two girls I have now I feed cooked chicken mince with added dry food, I make a batch that lasts a few days,draining the fat off then add the dry.

Meaty beef bones are ok as are chicken necks or frames which my girls are not keen on. Fatty lamb off cuts sometime produce jelly poops. They love the 4x2 dry biscuits.

I think you have to find the right mix that suits your dog.I would start with cooked chicken,fat drained off and dry food and build on that adding sardines or tuna.Maybe as she gets older you introduce raw again, go slowly till she recovers.

I remember the first night I had my youngest here, she was 12 months old then. The older one could handle raw blade steaks, I simply forgot and feed her raw only to get up next morning to a stinking mess.