Hamlet Is Gone ...

persephone

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, folks...

I took some photos off my phone, and found this, which i had kept because it was Hammy's "No, pleeease don't take my photo...the camera will eat my soulllll..." pathetic crouch he used to do sometimes ....post-1359-0-27304300-1361427973_thumb.jpg

On looking at it, and other recent ones, I can see how much muscle he had lost , and just how quickly he had aged .... there was something ticking away inside , so I'm so pleased he enjoyed life almost to the end of it .

he was a weird character , a beautiful boy and he was usually happy and smiling :)

What I remember is Monday Morning ..I woke up .. and looked over to where he was sleeping , said "Good Morning",Ham..and his head came up , eyes looked bright - hey, It's Morning :) And my heart sang .....for all of 5 seconds ..then he dropped his head and his eyes filled with pain .

You know- that was worse for me , than if I'd woken and found him unconscious or something ..there was that spark of relief and hope ..then the knowledge of what I had to do .

The last couple of days have been busy ...but today I find I'm exhausted .. the adrenaline has run out :)

I thank you all for your words..and although I have been thru this several times before , and have had many many animals share my life and leave , I still do so appreciate the support of DOLers.

I am so sorry for your loss Pers. Hamlet was a real character and he loved life right to the very end. Don't we all wish that for our animals?

I hope he finds my Bella on the other side, she's a quick study when it comes to chasing cats...she'd love to help him round them up.

Big hugs to you.