Caring Too Much For Your Dog

mantis

and this is coming from people that are into football , hmmmm laugh.gif

:laugh: :laugh: A bit off topic, but years ago, I was out walking the dogs, rounded a corner and there, sitting on her doorstep waiting for her lift to the footy was a woman I was acquainted with, attired in all her football regalia: hat, scarf, t-shirt, etc etc. It was all I could do to keep a straight face. This woman was well past middle age - - - -

Yep thats why I wrote that, Ive also observed people who are like that laugh.gif

Most people have something they are really passionate and even obsessive about.. ours just happens to be our dogs biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I don't wear their collars and leads :laugh: :laugh:

ETA: That said, I remember years ago doing the evening walk, having a blue lead for one dog and a green lead for the other and realised I was also dressed in blue and green :o:o

Edited by Danny's Darling

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL DD, well hows this for being an obsessive dog owner... I couldn't decided whether to have my hair foil colours done my usual red (to go with Joey and Renae's leashes etc) or purple to go with Miah's stuff.. so I had foils done with both colours !!! rofl1.gif well more lilac than purple smile.gif

Lifes too short to be boring ! biggrin.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

There is a difference between looking after one's dogs welfare and humanising them. Some people have dogs and treat them like little human babies, dressing them up, never leaving them to do their own thing etc. to me this is not looking after their welfare but in many cases borders on a form of abuse.

Everyone has their level of concern and everyone has the right to that. I would not think that a cooling vest was over the top in the weather we have been having though. We mix in circles of people who are all of a like mind so as a rule we would not expect what others consider over the top treatment to be anything but normal. Equally the footy crowd are of a like mind and people here obviously from comments think they are of an odd ilk.

and this is coming from people that are into football , hmmmm laugh.gif

:laugh: :laugh: A bit off topic, but years ago, I was out walking the dogs, rounded a corner and there, sitting on her doorstep waiting for her lift to the footy was a woman I was acquainted with, attired in all her football regalia: hat, scarf, t-shirt, etc etc. It was all I could do to keep a straight face. This woman was well past middle age - - - -

Yep thats why I wrote that, Ive also observed people who are like that laugh.gif

Most people have something they are really passionate and even obsessive about.. ours just happens to be our dogs biggrin.gif

I wear a scarf to the footy. :laugh:

It's a footy forum, but like DOL it has many different forums like politics, entertainment & the general discussion one, which is where I mentioned Cougar, it's like Off Topic here, people post all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately there are a few self absorbed young guys, who only care about themselves, so can't understand anyone caring about something else.

It's a lot cooler today, so no need for Cougar's vest. Off to give her a chicken frame.

You should have just replied ... 'You mean like people who care too much about football?'

But I love footy as well, I even buy doggy membership for Cougar, as I used to for Kenny. OK, I am nuts. :rofl:

Yes, but their point was people who loved their dogs too much. Not just people who love dogs.

So it's fine there are people who love football .... but what about those who care too much? As in 'over the top'.

My cousin loves football too much. He actually got the sack from a good job because he chose to celebrate a grand final win for 3 days instead of going to work.

I also know somebody who was sacked from a good job because their dog was missing and they drove around looking for it instead of going to work. (They found it)

I would be more like the second person I guess. Cousin is a bit of a goose, no?

You should have just replied ... 'You mean like people who care too much about football?'

But I love footy as well, I even buy doggy membership for Cougar, as I used to for Kenny. OK, I am nuts. :rofl:

Yes, but their point was people who loved their dogs too much. Not just people who love dogs.

So it's fine there are people who love football .... but what about those who care too much? As in 'over the top'.

There are - eg overfeeding dogs can be detrimental to their health, or feeding them a lot of junk food 'because they like it, they like ice cream or cookies (or insert inappropriate dog treat from human food fed too often) but the feeder thinks they're caring... so there is such a thing as too 'caring', but until one day when that particular footy nut who said that gets a dog or an animal they truly care about, they won't realise what they've said has sounded, well, plain stupid. There are fines for people caring too much about their football team... when they get into fights defending the name of their team and causing damage.

All said and done, I don't think all footy forum people should be lumped into the idiotic bucket, just like none of us responsible dog owners want to be lumped into the same bucket as idiot dog owners just because we're on a forum. It just so happens we can't/shan't/won't name and shame such idiots!

I remember years ago doing the evening walk, having a blue lead for one dog and a green lead for the other and realised I was also dressed in blue and green :o :o

That is just sartorial splendour!

Hah, that's nothing. I have an obsession with the colour purple, so people often comment that I'm dressed and accessorized the same as my dogs (my hair is usually purple, my bag is purple, I'm usually wearing purple, and their leads are purple, poo bags are purple, poo bag holder is purple, etc) :p

Yes, but have any of you painted the exterior of your house to match your dogs?

Like the footy-head in Footscray who painted her whole house red white and blue?

I think the footy fans are leading in the 'obsessive love' stakes so far.

Come on dog lovers, show us the love.

Yeah, and beat referees to death because their team lost.

Sorry - going right off topic, but I'd rather be obsessed with my dogs than over sport which leads to so much violence and criminality.

Like the footy-head in Footscray who painted her whole house red white and blue?

Every room in my house is decorated with red & black the colours of the Bombers, towels, sheets, doona cover, couch etc. & most of my clothes as well. I am obsessed with my footy & my dog. :D

:offtopic: I love Footscray.

How come you don't own a Bulldog? :rofl:

How come you don't own a Bulldog? :rofl:

:laugh: I like Bull Terriers...does that count?