A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

:laugh: Socks and particularly undies were super popular with our first sibe.

Those little indoor washing lines were her own piece of paradise.

I've found the owner of one of Fritz's brothers on another forum I'm on. It's the other little boy that we couldn't decide between. So it'll be good to see how he grows compared to Fritz.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh those naughty puppies. Laci takes off with things all the time but it's the chewing of the little things I can't see until I look in her mouth. Yesterday it was Panda's hair. The 1st piece was about 4 cms long. :eek: Glad I got that out. It was time for Panda to have a good groom. He's been very slow to give up his winter coat.

I'm always the bearer of disheartening news in this thread lol - my 2, 2.5 and 4.5 year olds STILL steal undies and socks at any opportunity (the dirty washing basket lives in the wardrobe with the door shut) AND they all try to eat each others bits of fur, which results in stringy poos that they sometimes need a bit of a hand getting out...

:laugh:

Disclaimer: I'm the first to admit I'm pretty lazy with training my own dogs!! :o

She is looking great LP and looks awesome in the harness too!

Are you training for IPO?

Yep :)

Awesome, it's such a fun sport. I'm sure you will love it! I'm really enjoying training for it.

Edited by huski

Lol look at her Dory! Which DVDs?

She's a tripper. :laugh:

That one was Ivan Balabanov. And we have followed it up with Gottfried Dildei and then I'll probably go through Michael Ellis again. (I have to thank Ness for lending them to me :thumbsup: ).

We'll show those Mallies and GSD's what a Rottie can do. (in about a year or 2 or 3, they tend to take a bit longer to get there. :laugh: )

Jingo was a dream over Christmas. Firstly at Wayne's Mums house, where he played with everyone there, found some super scary Horses, and visited the cemetery, then an hour travelling to my sisters place, where their dog is an outside one, so he had to remain at the back door. They were perfect together, sharing bones and just chilling. Only problem was toiletting in the morning. Heaps of cows that took his attention, so we had to drive him to the gate, he must have been nearly busting. I can't believe how he just adjusted. :thumbsup:

I hope everyone had a great time with their puppies!

Di

Oh no Esky :( hope it doesn't take you too long to find a place!

Teething for us was around 4 months, worst at 5months.

How was all the puppies first Christmases??

Well fritz has enjoyed wrecking all the wrapping paper & boxes :laugh:

Everything goes in the mouth at the moment. He's already using an adult Kong and his jaws are so strong.

If he gets a grip on something fat chance of getting it out of his mouth ( Must work on teaching him to drop things)

Luckily he doesn't really use us as chew toys, he did manage to bite my nipple the other night through pajamas :o

Sweet Jebus that was painful :laugh:

Sounds like Jingo had a great Christmas

I ended up having a great Christmas (aside from no food in the house) see previous piccie of Willow watching training dvds with me.

I was supposed to be in Victoria, but ended up coming home early. Because despite my parents being okay with the dogs, my Dad ended up not being okay with the dogs. Willow in particular. :( And she wasn't even naughty...well, not that naughty. Aside from her swimming in the fish pond, which we fixed that problem straight away and the loss of one christmas decoration she was very, very well behaved.

I don't think my Dad was too keen on the fact that she followed everyone around. But I'm not sure, he wouldn't tell me what the problem was. Just some nebulous 'everything'.

I opted to come home because I knew that he was not going to be happy no matter what, not when he gets to that state. And I wasn't happy with any of the solutions he came up with.

Lesson learned. Don't stay at the parents place. EVER.

So Nala poo is 13 weeks old tomorrow, and she is so big and lanky! She is definitely not a little puppy any more, but still little enough to pick up and cuddle :)

She's got the whole toileting thing down pat, we don't even put pee pads down anymore, we just make sure we get up at 7am ish to open the door for her. If we wake up in the middle of the night too, we take her out, that gives us a bit of leeway with a sleep in!

We've got one month until our first show, and I am SO excited, I really can't wait. Mainly because it's a 4 day show IN MY HOME TOWN and I don't have to travel!!!!! and also because I can't wait to show her off! I'm trying to get my boss to come along (work has been approached by the clubs and asked to help out so really she should come and also be my cheer squad!) I love showing so much, not so much because i'm competitive but I love seeing ALL the different breeds.

Anyway, here are some pics of my girl, off the point and shoot camera so not as nice as our usual pics, they come tomorrow!

Nala's first xmas present, her Simba pillow pet

PC240042_zps0cf0e98c.jpg

Stacking this afternoon, very lanky girl!

13weeksstack_zps99a12807.jpg