A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Ronin had an absolute ball! It's great watching them have so much fun - making our puppies happy makes us happy I think :)

Oh I agree 100% I had a ball too! I liked seeing yours in the water a little while back!

I am going to take him to the beach next week, but am a little more apprehensive as there are heaps of dogs off leash.

Thanks Yonjuro :)

I really want to go on a road trip just to take Nova to the beach, I always regretting never having the chance to take my lab, he would of adored it.

I want to do the Great Ocean Road next year, and I've heard theres no paralysis tick down there so we might get the chance this time smile.gif

Thanks Yonjuro :)

I really want to go on a road trip just to take Nova to the beach, I always regretting never having the chance to take my lab, he would of adored it.

I want to do the Great Ocean Road next year, and I've heard theres no paralysis tick down there so we might get the chance this time smile.gif

I actually did the drive again last week! No ticks and lots of dog friendly spots! Lucky!

All home.and safe! Stoned off his rocker though..HAHA. That pain relief must be good stuff!

Will post a proper update in the morning, I'm zonked!

The woman from the vet called to let me know I could pickhim up, bbut I have that god forsaken talk to text rather than an answering machine and it changed one word among the gibberish (I usually just get the gist and call back) to 'died' and I rang back hysterical and she was so apologetic. She was like OH GOD. NO. NO. He was barking his ass off so I could hear him in the background

Moment of sheer terror though...haha.

Haha he is mooching for food and crawling about on the bed and no one has the heart to kick him off.

Obviously slept like a log last night though. The one night he's off chops on pain relief my car gets broken into in the drive.

Wtf?

No biggie. Just took my cheap dodgy GPS but hey.

Its funny now at least. Haha.

Poor dog. His goolies look so sad and deflated. Brooke was upset they didn't take the sack too. So he didn't have a constant reminder? IFK. Boy brains are whack.

Good to hear all went well Steph, even though the message would have freaked anyone out. Good luck with the recovery- you do know Gusis going to milk all the sympathy he can, don't you?

Poor Brooke, human boys take the "snip" very badly, even if it is only happens to their dog- Maybe you should have asked for fakies- extra large!

We didn't need to worry about Tip , as the next morning he was doing zoomies around the house, jumping over furniture etc (pre crate training days) :eek:

Hope the loser who broke into your car uses the GPS and ends up in front of a police station :laugh:

Di

Haha! That would be magic!

They look like kid prints, very very small and they've done the whole street.

Big Maori guy next door was unimpressed to wake up and find a cop at his door saying his wife's wallet was emptied in their drive way....he's a really big guy. That's ballsy!

I should glue a pair of cricket balls to Gus, cheaper than the fakies! Haha!!

Yeah, we are trying to keep him quiet and dry. Ever seen a dog try swim in a cat sized water bowl? I have....

Oh Steph! I would of been freaking over that text as well, glad he is safe and sounds though.

What little shits, hope they catch them.

Appart from stressing about the lack of swimming how is Gus? Does he need a cone of shame?

He's in the soft cone, which is amazing by the way!

Because as soon as its off he goes for a lick, so that stays on. Rosie is petrified of it. Kwwpa barking at him and he's confused. Other than that he's happy as a clam today. Ate a big breakie then mooched for more. Got on the bed like a brat and has wagged his way around. Even came to say an enthusiastic hello to the police.

Oh good stuff!

Question about how everyones boys are developing (regardless of desexing), has anyone started marking, leg cocking, or gone through a "voice break" yet?

Nova is 9 months now, voice currently changing to man barks (still getting some high pitched puppy barks when excited), but no marking at all, no leg cocking. My lab started doing this at 7 Months AFTER he was desexed, but I've heard some boys just never get around to it. He's still a serial humper of his toys and bed though. laugh.gif

Jingo is 7 months old, and has started cocking his leg about a month ago. He has also started marking. I have not noticed a voice change yet, but he has always had a big boy bark for such a little boy. Tip was done at 6 months old (because that is when it HAS to be done- so we were told) He never cocked his leg in nearly 10 years.

Jingo only humps Kira's front leg, but she is on to that, and just turns in a circle until he stops the behaviour. We are looking at just after easter for Jingo "to get a Gus done".

Otherwise he is a totally laid back boy, lazy is a good word for it- It drives us crazy when training him, but we know to do it in very small stages.

Wayne ended up instructing half the puppy class on Sunday, there are way too many puppies there for the number of instructors this intake. He had fun, and I am guessing we will have several more people arrive next week armed with lots of treats and toys :thumbsup: He used to be a novice instructor about 7 years ago, and we had the best Clicker/food based trainers possible, it is just a matter of him brushing up on his previous training.

Di

Edited by tikira

That sux about your car Steph!

Glad the cone is working out though, and Gus is fairly happy :)

I'm hoping to get my cone today or tomorrow.

Nixon was leg cocking for a while, and still does it at the park sometimes I think, but he's back to squatting most of the time now I think. His cocking was always a little unsteady :)

I think he started marking & cocking around 7-8months. And the barking started not too long after.

Gus was pretty slow started to mark slightly before he started cocking, so would go pee over Rosie's pee and cocked about 2 weeks after? Always been irregular though. Still mostly squats. Never had any humping.

The man barks came through gradually, we do still get mad puppy yaps though.

Having said that, I've been catching Rosie cocking her leg this week. She's the man of the house now!

We're waiting for Willow's first season. Doesn't look like she's going to be long off it! Noticed lots of licking, looks like her bum is hanging out of baggy pants and we noticed a bit of pinkness and teeny bit of swelling around the vulva. I'm sitting here writing out entries for some shows and hoping like heck she doesn't decide to hold off much longer. Cos then it will be show cancellations, till we can get her soft crate fixed. :cry: