A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh she still has her terror moments don't worry! I haven't mentioned the hole in the backyard that is so big that she can fit in it have I? lol. Can't fill it because the dirt just disappears!

We're just having less terror moments now and more serious dog :)

Ohhhh Knotties have met their match!

We've had a very trying time with Willow and her first season. Driving us mad! But her usual routine has been curtailed. The last few days have been much better. Thank goodness for activities that allow in season girls. Even if the focus and concentration span was a little lacking.

She had her first lesson with Sheep Herding, took her a little bit to settle. But when she did we got some good stuff.

I love having such a versatile dog!

Edited by Dory the Doted One

Oh she still has her terror moments don't worry! I haven't mentioned the hole in the backyard that is so big that she can fit in it have I? lol. Can't fill it because the dirt just disappears!

Yes! Where the eff does the dirt go?!

One of the great mysteries of life.

One of the great mysteries of life.

My pug stores half the stuff he digs up in his nose fold, so I do wonder where it goes in dogs without handy storage nose folds!

In other news, I just realised in three weeks my "puppy" will be two :eek:

In my yard all the dirt piles up in front of the gate.. it was once a concrete path

-_-

Dogs are obviously magically when it comes to making dirt disappear!

My housemate who went on exchange before I got Nova moved back in, so he got to meet her horse Rusty today!

They were both good boys! Rusty is a pretty chilled horse so I think that helped. Surprisingly Nova didn't bark once or act stupid at all!

Oh and Nova is taking very well to having a new person in the house. She only met him the day I chose him from the litter before she left, but is a natural with dogs, and has kelpies back home so is used to the working dog mentality, so he hasn't been able to manipulate her just yet laugh.gif

First look out of the car, being nice, calm and sitting.

1653680_10152071496890787_1061391488_n.jpg

Rusty saying "hello"

1509764_10152071498060787_2038858112_n.jpg

1969208_10152071499085787_1099857944_n.jpg

Edited by LisaCC

We finally got our Weatherbeeta coat too! Half price at Horseland if anyone else is looking. This one is a RainStop and has no padding and has breathable mesh on the sides so great for long haired doggies that you want to walk in the rain!

It was way too big around the girth so I had to take in the girth strap about 15cm. But the length is nice, it's a 60cm.

IMG_1570_zps97f03344.jpg

Thanks Aliwake, it is quite good (free horse riding lessons too smile.gif).

Yea the agistment property is only a 20minute walk from our house so pretty close. I was a little worried as I wasn't able to introduce a horse to him when he was younger, but he was really good!

Just realised you meant the material coat. DOPE! lol, thanks!

Edited by LisaCC

Puppy Sumo turned ONE yesterday!!! Can hardly believe it. He's around the 70kg mark now. Here he is with his birthday breakfast steak :)

image-57.jpg

It was a long weekend here in SA last weekend, so OH and I went away to the river with his family, and took the pups too. Thought I'd share some pics from the weekend.

This is Sumo with our niece.

image-58.jpg

Sumo loooooves water as you can see! We could hardly keep him out!

image-59.jpg

image-61.jpg

I love this one :) Cuddles with his Dad.

image-60.jpg

Waiting for the boat to come back.

image-62.jpg

Yes he went on the boat and loved that too! Literally nothing phases this dog, I've never owned one like him.

image-64.jpg

All worn out, relaxing in the shade with me, my friend and Moose.

image-63.jpg

Hi Cassie, what a great photos of Sumo & your family.

Happy birthday to Sumo!

One thing that i cannot picture in my head, when he was teething...how did you survive with his biting/chewing/nipping your feet & hands?

I have my Japanese Spitz which is in teething stage now, and the occasional nipping/biting from her are painful! cannot imagine with Sumo that big :( unless he never bite at you? <-- my imagination he is a gentle giant! hahahaha :laugh:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUMO. He's so gorgeous! I love how the giant breeds seem so unfazed by the world, like "meh, whatev's" while my guys are like "hey, hey whatcha doooiin?"

If my dogs lie down and go to sleep near me (outside of their crates/puppy pen) I consider that an achievement. That photo of Moose and Sumo would be like a trophy for me. lol. It's a dally thing, they are such busy bodies.