A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Ooops luvsdogs I missed your post. Congrats with Laci and your win! How are you finding the course?

Week 2 has just started. There's a forum & fact sheets with lots of useful puppy info. Each week is a photo comp with a different theme. There's also 2 live chats per week & so far I have forgotten about them. :o Will have to make sure I log in next time.

So sorry to hear about poor little Fin, Crits, RIP little fellow.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They grow so quickly! Mila is now 7 months and is as big as our other Frenchie.

She still has a lot of filling out to do and has lots of excess skins she will grow into.

10349723_555869234530301_416671860_a.jpg

928536_236468926551216_1714138220_a.jpg

Ronin is stunning!!

Is Mila already bigger than your other frenchie? Not so tiny anymore!

Thanks LisaCC,

As I have said before your Nova is a spunk. I have never really known much about Aussies but yours really turned my attention. We met a lovely one at a fenced in dog park the other day and she was beautiful and of similar colouring to Nova, Ronin and her hit it off straight away.... must resist, must resist ,must resist :D

How could you resist biggrin.gif

10301131_10152218396815787_4255308484311275221_n.jpg

I adore Huskies but I don't think I could do the spitz temperament. Otherwise I would have one in a heartbeat.

PS: He's just a bit bigger than Ronin at 24.2kgs and 12 months. He should continue filling out for a while longer but I don't think he'll get much heavier.

Edited by LisaCC

Hi everyone! Its been a while!

Can't believe how big everyone's babies are getting! Wow!

Tyrion recently turned one, and here is the handsome devil. Now he just needs to fill out, I don't think he'll get much taller or longer. :)

IMG_4069s_zps6a900315.jpg

IMG_4078s_zpsaf8ba087.jpg

IMG_4087s_zps0df9c524.jpg

For those of you who followed my journey with adding Finnigan (whippet puppy) to our family last year, it breaks my heart to have report that our darling boy was killed in a freak accident on Saturday afternoon. He had only just had his first birthday (27 April) and had grown into the most stunning boy. He was our world - and our life is so empty without him. Fin had come down with me when I was feeding the horses and unfortunately got kicked by one of them. He died within about 5 minutes.

Make the most of every day you have with your furkids - they are with us for such a short time - in our case much to short :(

That is so sad. What a terrible loss. :( Deepest condolences. :hug:

For those of you who followed my journey with adding Finnigan (whippet puppy) to our family last year, it breaks my heart to have report that our darling boy was killed in a freak accident on Saturday afternoon. He had only just had his first birthday (27 April) and had grown into the most stunning boy. He was our world - and our life is so empty without him. Fin had come down with me when I was feeding the horses and unfortunately got kicked by one of them. He died within about 5 minutes.

Make the most of every day you have with your furkids - they are with us for such a short time - in our case much to short :(

That is so sad. What a terrible loss. :( Deepest condolences. :hug:

Oh no I missed this. What an awful loss. :( Thinking of you. :(

Everyone's puppies have grown up so beautifully! It's been a while since I have updated, here is Flynn aged 17 months. He is such a laid back, easy going, I love everyone kind of boy. I am so happy with him, just my dream dog ❤️.

gumutu7e.jpg8yrygyze.jpg9u8asa8a.jpg

Tyrion & Luna have ears, :laugh: . Looking good guys, & what a big boy Flynn is.

I took my guys to a park I went to a couple of weeks ago with Panda to a JS get together. It's totally enclosed & safe to let the spitz off, especially when they won't come back. :(

054b42a7-01a4-4eb1-ba60-5d1685cc097f_zps49d3c55e.jpg

Laci at the top of the picture, she's now the same size as Panda.

b704353c-bad4-4b20-a87b-b459d9ecdb71_zpsbc9709fe.jpg

Laci, I can flyyyyyd9d57f40-3ff3-4c2c-84f9-22cbb7b7e2d9_zps2e6e9fce.jpg

My very pretty girl, now 8 months old1e2d45f2-20c8-4137-831a-283986fae4ec_zps990edee6.jpg

Happy Birthday Tyrion! Love his ears, he has grown into such a handsome fellow!

Flynn, Luna and Lacy are all looking devine too!

Sujo I haven't seen a Groenendael with white before, but I haven't seen many at all. Is that a common marking?

Lisa a small white patch on their chest is common, Flynn has too much white for showing though. He also has white on all 4 paws which is mismarking I believe. I have to admit when I met him for the first time at 4 weeks of age I loved those little differences about him .

I adore Huskies but I don't think I could do the spitz temperament. Otherwise I would have one in a heartbeat.

PS: He's just a bit bigger than Ronin at 24.2kgs and 12 months. He should continue filling out for a while longer but I don't think he'll get much heavier.

Ahhh, tempt me not :D

I think the spitz temperament is often made out to be worse than it really is. This is probably a good thing to try and dissuade naive potential owners who are not prepared to put the work in that they require. They are very very smart and can certainly be stubborn and need lots of training LOL. But a lot of this really goes for any dog that you want to be a good canine citizen, it just needs a bit more work than average but I would guess that not much more than an Aussie????

A good sibe breeder + good owner + training = great dog :)

Having said all that, he can be a cheeky bugger when he wants to! :laugh:

They grow so quickly! Mila is now 7 months and is as big as our other Frenchie. She still has a lot of filling out to do and has lots of excess skins she will grow into.

Aww Mila is so cute!

Hi everyone! Its been a while! Can't believe how big everyone's babies are getting! Wow! Tyrion recently turned one, and here is the handsome devil. Now he just needs to fill out, I don't think he'll get much taller or longer. :)

Wow, Tyrion is indeed a very handsome fella. I love the ears :)

Everyone's puppies have grown up so beautifully! It's been a while since I have updated, here is Flynn aged 17 months. He is such a laid back, easy going, I love everyone kind of boy. I am so happy with him, just my dream dog ❤️.

Flynn is a lovely dog, I wish Ronin could meet him.

I love checking this thread and seeing everyone's pups! Luna is going through the bat ears phase at the moment :)

Awww, Luna is stunning and those bat ears are awesome!

Tyrion & Luna have ears, :laugh: . Looking good guys, & what a big boy Flynn is.I took my guys to a park I went to a couple of weeks ago with Panda to a JS get together. It's totally enclosed & safe to let the spitz off, especially when they won't come back. :(

What a happy bunch of gorgeous fluffy-butts :laugh:

Ahhh, tempt me not :D

I think the spitz temperament is often made out to be worse than it really is. This is probably a good thing to try and dissuade naive potential owners who are not prepared to put the work in that they require. They are very very smart and can certainly be stubborn and need lots of training LOL. But a lot of this really goes for any dog that you want to be a good canine citizen, it just needs a bit more work than average but I would guess that not much more than an Aussie????

A good sibe breeder + good owner + training = great dog :)

Having said all that, he can be a cheeky bugger when he wants to! :laugh:

I put lots of work into Nova (I personally think all working dogs should have "work"), but I think the spitz stubbornness is what wouldn't suit me. I like a dog that wants to work for me.

Maybe I've just met all the wrong ones but all the spitz I know just give everyone that "f*** off" look laugh.gif

In saying that Nova gives that look to anyone but me when they tell him to do something!