A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Sounds like Laiken is learning very quickly! She is extremely cute :)

Lisa, how did you and Nova go in your shows on the weekend?

Aww lab puppies are just so gorgeous!

Aliwake, we got 2 Best of Breeds biggrin.gif One didn't have any other Aussies but on Friday (so our first show) we actually beat other dogs! I couldn't believe it, someone had to actually tell us we got it laugh.gif

I had heaps of fun and met some really lovely people!

10659269_10152496297640787_359790598748356005_n.jpg?oh=b1d43819b9b36bfc99cd2161cbdc9de5&oe=54BC7380

10672193_10152496295185787_2273327860638256557_n.jpg?oh=9c6fb4a24bfc65ea1ec956344c60da02&oe=54C3DB49

10614377_10152496297115787_4348614516091969583_n.jpg?oh=8aaf2a84b90188bc987eec7dab3ae032&oe=54C909E1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't quite hit Nala's first birthday yet, but tomorrow is officially 52 weeks since she came home.

Some of you know that we've done weekly photos every week in the same spot since 8 weeks of age, and today we took the last photo. I've made a montage, so sit back and enjoy watching a dalmatian grow up in less than 2 minutes.

I have just watched & shared :) Love the idea ! Terrific pics - all sorts of moods & weather ... :thumbsup:

We haven't quite hit Nala's first birthday yet, but tomorrow is officially 52 weeks since she came home.

Some of you know that we've done weekly photos every week in the same spot since 8 weeks of age, and today we took the last photo. I've made a montage, so sit back and enjoy watching a dalmatian grow up in less than 2 minutes.

I have just watched & shared :) Love the idea ! Terrific pics - all sorts of moods & weather ... :thumbsup:

Thanks Pers! This Sunday was the first Sunday since November last year that we haven't had to take a photo.

Felt weird....

Thanks Aliwake biggrin.gif

DDD, you should take monthly one still, just so you can see her mature. Do dallies change much after one year? Nova has filled out a lot in the last 5 months, and I was told he probably has quite a bit more to do.

I didn't notice much change in Cleo once she hit 6 months to be honest! Little bit of filling out, but she hasn't changed much in 3 years (other than brain wise :laugh:)

I may end up doing monthly photos...my Mum really wants me to as well :) I might do it at the end of every month - seeing as she was born on the 30th.

Nala has muscled up a lot lately, but i've been using a supplement at work called "Muscle up" made by Big Dog (who make Big Dog BARF/Leading RAW) it's basically just protein powder for dogs (Ing: Glutamine, Whey Concentrate, Amino Acids, Vegetable Oil, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Kelp) but she's really defined all of a sudden!

She's such a smoochy baby though....and if anyone loves Nala....her other Aunty (dad's sister, Cleo is mum's sister) just had a litter of gorgeous-ness last week.

Yep :) I work at a Petstock, and I'm not sure what other chains/independents sell it, as it's fairly new. If they sell Big Dog BARF or Leading RAW though, chances are that they can get their hands on Muscle Up. But if you have a Petstock nearby and they don't have it on the shelf, do ask for it to be specially ordered or transferred as stores will put out a call and have it sent. We regularly "borrow" stock from a store 2 hours away :D

They have a few other things in the range too, like their version of the VAN complete mix - which I too prefer because it doesn't need soaking for 12 hours. Pity the dogs didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped. Was sort of like forcing a kid to eat veggies..... :laugh:

DDD, is there anyway you could get the ingredient list for me? I've been looking for something similar to help bulk up and keep weight on Nova but most of them contain stuff he has issues with.

Ingredients

Glutamine, Whey Concentrate, Amino Acids, Vegetable Oil, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Kelp