A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh awesome, I wouldn't have thought of looking in BCF. My friend's dog would love one Thanks :D. I think one would be lost on poor Treb as he just doesn't do water apparently :laugh: unless the water is ankle deep and fresh water so he can drink it.

--Lhok

At least Treble will drink out of it! Nova downright REFUSES to drink out of anything other than a dog bowl with fresh clean water in it! I'm at the river and I have to bring a bowl with bottled water because he would rather go thirsty than drink river water. Silly dog.

LOL Steph! At least she is enthusiastic!

Gus is a natural, I keep comparing Nova to my lab who naturally was also an amazing swimmer and was diving off banks into deep water at 3months!

I'll have to get some photos of me and Nova out swimming if I take someone else with me smile.gif

She seems to think she's really good at it, we call her the AquaDog with a degree of sarcasm.

All you see is this pointy little head and lots of splashing, she does the vertical swim rather than the horizontal, so perhaps a jacket would balance her out a bit.

I'm with you there, it's funny to compare the two.

glad i'm not the only one with a "broken" dog lol (I use that term affectionately) Cleo needs a life jacket to swim, she freezes when her ears get wet, which is usually in deeper water and freezing in deep water means you sink lol. Her "type" of water is the waves at the beach.

Already Nala shows more confidence, she has willingly come out to shoulder height (for her, which is like 25cm?) but it helps that its summer and the water that day was so warm! Cleo was a winter baby.

Only just over a week until our show debut! SOOOO excited!

"Broken" dogs are funny to live with though laugh.gif

How exciting about Nalas show debut! I'm sure she'll be a little star! Hope to see photos :)

And no puppy breath does not last long frown.gif now you'll start to get stinky teething breath. Hopefully she wont be like Nova and loose all her canines in 2 days while molars are coming through, poor boy was in a lot of pain and it was for our first (and only) show, drooling everywhere!

Guest hankodie

Steph, can you come to NSW so I can borrow Gus?? So jealous seeing him enthusiastically jump into the water, what a happy boy!

Hank is still terrified of water BUT we are making good progress. He will play "chasies" with the hose now and will very very tentatively put his front paws in the clam shell pool while fishing out his toys :laugh:

We went to the lagoon yesterday and there were 5 very polite kids who were giving Hank lots of cuddles and praise to try to get him in the water. It was adorable. He did manage to get in after a while but freaked out a little when he made splashes moving around....... idiot :laugh:

Great photos everyone!

Gus's diving is awesome!

That is sad Nala is losing her teeth already - it feels like you only got her a week or so ago! She will definitely be a star for sure :)

That's great that Hank is even getting his feet wet now! He will get there eventually!

Nixon was playing with a lovely lab x border colie at the park last week, and they both ended up super muddy. Her owners said she didn't really like swimming, so I asked if she wanted to come with me and Nixon to swim at the boat ramp - they did, and she went from standing at the very edge and not even getting toenails wet, to swimming and splashing around in the shallows with Nix - I was so pleased for them! They were stoked that she was having so much fun! I'm sure if Hank keeps having lovely positive experiences like your one at the lagoon, he will end up loving it one day.

Yesterday Nix decided that he need to be IN my new hammock with me... I had it strung up fairly high, so he was jumping and not getting anywhere. So, I lowered the hammock, and the next thing I knew he was in my lap! It was very funny, and not always super comfortable, but we had a nice cuddle for a while :)

Willow is on to her third and waiting for her to get big enough for her fourth, which should do her for the rest of it's life.

My daughter comes home from an extended holiday, I can't wait for her to tell me how much Willow has changed. And, hopefully be

able to get some more shots of Willow that aren't her butt, aren't blurry or tiny little black dot in the distance.

Thats quick Esky!

Nova's been through 3 flat collars and two martingales, and I'll be ordering him a nice leather Karma Collar when he is over 9 months as his neck wont grow that much more :)

We do need to update his harness though, we'll be going onto our 5th Harness!

:laugh: He was so small when I got him, I ended up pinching the cat's collar.

The cat has his collar back now and Fritz has the one I bought for him.

He really didn't suit baby Esky's rhinestones :p

God he's a bugger, he's obsessed with my headphones, finally managed to chew through my good pair :(

And he's an expert at escaping from compost panels! He's learned to chew the zip ties in the right place so that the panel just falls down :eek:

Failing that he's worked out that he can just climb out... :laugh: Bloody puppy. Lucky he's cute. Just very very smart

Laci's still in her original collar but I did have to extend it last week.

I haven't been able to keep her in her bunnings pen at all. She climbed up the corner her 2nd day at home.

The 3 dogs are having there usual night play. I've put Tilba's crate in the loungeroom for Laci to sleep in to give her more room. Tilba thinks it's been put there for her & has been going into it. While playing she went in a couple of times to escape Laci. The last time she went in, Laci went in with her. Hilarious as Laci was stuck in the back & had trouble getting out. :laugh:

Laci has started to teethe too. Picture Tilba in crate with Laci on the outside chewing on the doorway. I can't get any chew toys that she hasn't destroyed. Today she chewed off a corner of the bone on the nylabone frisbee. Forget puppy teething toys, she's chewed bits off all of them. While I've been writing this she's chewed a piece off a kong look a like & the TireBiter & is now working on a ball. :mad Any ideas on what I can give her to chew that is safe when swallowed? I found Panda's Kong Wubba this morning & tonight it has a large hole in the fabric. She knows as soon as I say, what have you got in your mouth, she takes off.