A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fritzy pup had his first run in harness with Esky the other night.

OMG he's got it! Didn't skip a beat. Straight into it.

Nailed the turns. Kept the line tight.. I guess all that pre training has worked, but still did not expect that out of a first run..

Next year's going to be FUN!

:thumbsup: go Fritz!

I decided based on how good that run was and how short the tracks were at this weekends race that we would enter. I entered Fritz and Esky ( my sibe girl) as a 2 touring team. Was a lot of fun, but the last 1/4 of the race Esky just got dragged. So I had to take off the neck line and she ran beside the scooter while Fritz ran in front..

Today I scratched Esky and ran Fritz solo as a '1 dog touring team' same track as yesterday. We still need a little work on corners and a LOT of work on passing. But had I just run him solo both days we would have come away with a win ;)

Some photos to go up in the GEEFORCE thread when they're uploaded by our weekends photographer

Fritzy pup had his first run in harness with Esky the other night.

OMG he's got it! Didn't skip a beat. Straight into it.

Nailed the turns. Kept the line tight.. I guess all that pre training has worked, but still did not expect that out of a first run..

Next year's going to be FUN!

:thumbsup: go Fritz!

I decided based on how good that run was and how short the tracks were at this weekends race that we would enter. I entered Fritz and Esky ( my sibe girl) as a 2 touring team. Was a lot of fun, but the last 1/4 of the race Esky just got dragged. So I had to take off the neck line and she ran beside the scooter while Fritz ran in front..

Today I scratched Esky and ran Fritz solo as a '1 dog touring team' same track as yesterday. We still need a little work on corners and a LOT of work on passing. But had I just run him solo both days we would have come away with a win ;)

Some photos to go up in the GEEFORCE thread when they're uploaded by our weekends photographer

Sounds like you're going to do really well with him! I'm unsure if Didi will be ready by next season as I'm focussing on other training things at the moment but I'm still really keen to do it :)

Took my 2 white fluffies to a JS get-together yesterday. Laci certainly hogged the photos. :laugh:

1422e8ab-6f44-4a24-962c-41cbe299eced_zpse641ac94.jpg

One of the dogs was celebrating his birthday & his mum made liver cake, Laci followed her around hoping to get more than her share. :laugh:

d87fb3d7-9a88-4feb-a1ed-4ba375e7937c_zpsc62aaa20.jpg

e6e211f7-fd44-4bd3-8272-84e149e65baa_zps35ace067.jpg

Edited by luvsdogs

Hi all

Guess what? Jingo made it to his first birthday.

He is just a joy to be around, he lights up my life every day. It is hard to imagine life without him, and he makes a brilliant, albeit compact hot water bottle on these cold Armidale winters days! Winning there! Now, I just wonder if he is old enough yet to compete in sledding with Esky and Fritz????? lol, maybe he needs to grow legs first?

Thanks for all your support during this last year on this thread..... our puppies are not puppies anymore, are they?

post-21758-0-05171300-1405933423_thumb.jpg

Weighed the puppy on the weekend... 38kg :o will probably hit 40 by the time she is 10 months in two weeks time. A lady thought she was a greyhound the other day 'beacause she's so skinny'! Decided to take that as a compliment???

This is her this morning BEFORE she decided to eat the shoelaces and innersoles out of my boot!!! (that's what I get for trying to sleep in)

post-51158-140672270906_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2