A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awh Toller puppy looks like she's smiling in her sleep :)

Ronin is sure looking big these days, especially in those photos in general!

Didi is 9 months old tomorrow, though she's a bit more like a grumpy old man, always grumbling and complaining about something hehe.

post-51158-0-83140900-1405242926_thumb.jpg

My Bordeaux mastiff is 12 weeks old she is a very good girl with her behavior and training but then bang all is lost and she is uncontrollable we are attending puppy school with great advice,she loves to bite when I walk I try what I have been told and does work but then there's the bang factor.

Welcome Adamandabella :)

With puppies it's ALL about patience and consistency. They have super short attention spans and really don't understand how the human world works so everyone in the household has to pick your approach to everything (set the rules) and consistently stick to that.

Teaching nice walking is really frustrating in the beginning but sooooo worth it when you get over the first few tough months and have a dog that you can take for a pleasant walk, especially when you're going to have a big girl!

Oh, and yep, part of the puppy experience is puppy crazies time! They all do it and keeping calm and patient is what will get you through it :) During those times their brains tend to switch off a bit so you may need to just wait her out. Keep training sessions short (5 mins) and frequent rather than one long one.

Edited by Simply Grand

Agree with Simply Grand :) We had daily 'puppy crazies' up until around the 12 month mark (now it's more weekly or on a day I haven't exercised him enough). It was to the hour too, 7pm when he was a baby pup, then when he was awake for longer (around 5months+) it was about 9pm. Every. Single. Night!

Could be the best behaved puppy you've ever met. Until 9pm...

They are like gremlins, they turn evil at a specific time lol.

My Bordeaux mastiff is 12 weeks old she is a very good girl with her behavior and training but then bang all is lost and she is uncontrollable we are attending puppy school with great advice,she loves to bite when I walk I try what I have been told and does work but then there's the bang factor.

Hi my step son has a Dogue/ Mastiff baby girl just a bit younger than your girl. There is a thread on " Kirby" on this puppy section. I know Shannon did have biting issues with her as well but she seems to have settled now. Any pics of your girl????? :)

Fritzy pup had his first run in harness with Esky the other night.

OMG he's got it! Didn't skip a beat. Straight into it.

Nailed the turns. Kept the line tight.. I guess all that pre training has worked, but still did not expect that out of a first run..

Next year's going to be FUN!

Fritzy pup had his first run in harness with Esky the other night.

OMG he's got it! Didn't skip a beat. Straight into it.

Nailed the turns. Kept the line tight.. I guess all that pre training has worked, but still did not expect that out of a first run..

Next year's going to be FUN!

:thumbsup: go Fritz!