A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Thats a big change! Imagine how much different she will be at 2 smile.gif

She's going to be a tank after a summer of swimming and beach walks on the sand! To be fair the angle of the last one makes her body look chunkier than it is but her legs have definitely bulked up, not that she needs to be any stronger than she already is :laugh:

More Harry puppy pics today! he came over on Sunday and him and Collie were playing non stop, Sarah on the other hand wasn't having a bar of it :p

Getting bigger, if his ears keep growing at this rate he'll be tripping over them in no time

DSC06114_zpsb7217cd2.jpg

DSC06141_zps18f541d3.jpg

This one takes some working out but it's pretty funny, take note of Collie's head, his paw on Harry's bum and Harry tramping on Collie's ear

DSC06144_zps005e3ad1.jpg

DSC06145_zps5f8249ca.jpg

DSC06157_zps84340afd.jpg

and of course Sarah in the background :p

DSC06159_zps0a0b0cb8.jpg

She's gorgeous!

See fritz is NOT a dalmatian!

Thanks! I think all our pups in here are extra special. 2013 made some beautiful dogs!

No, he's definitely not! Anybody that says he is, hasn't seen a dalmatian :laugh: when I look at Fritz, I see raw power and muscle. Dallies are muscle too, but it's finer, like a sighthound.

Nova is almost 17 months, we are entering some proper shows this weekend and are almost ready to start obedience trialing.

He still looks quite immature compared to a fully grown Aussie, but he's definitely grown up recently, in both body and brain.

'Say hi'

d0781eb6ebc8f82e0d4aaca89cad405e.jpg

this little pocket rocket arrived last Friday, so i guess i officially move over to this thread.

post-40833-0-73106000-1412655397_thumb.jpg

post-40833-0-89183400-1412655396_thumb.jpg

Today is day 4 and i have a quiet house while the pocket rocket sleep in her crate in the kitchen and norty brown dawg Wilbur snoozes outside. I am exhausted laugh.gif To be fair, last night we went to bed at 1:30 am and she got me up for a wee about 6:30 (her best effort yet!) and then we went back to sleep till about 8:30-9 and then after breakfast the three of us went for our first solo walk with the puppy pram! (embarrassed doesn't begin to cover how i felt walking a puppy in a pram with a dog beside me laugh.gif ) gotta say i got my first experience of how wheelchair/pram unfriendly Adelaide is. my favourite walk is around the Torrens crossing over at the new walk bridge. I couldn't find a ramp to take me up to the walk bridge from the side of the river icon_smile_mad.gif I had to all the way out of the river side district to King William Street, and walk through the Festival Theatre Centre area to gain access.

Today, Pocket Rocket Laiken got a lesson in not jumping at the ex pen gate when i come to get her...While i was hanging out the washing, i would go to the ex pen, begin to open the gate when she was sitting (no commands as yet) and then close it again when she got up, or jumped at the gate or starting yowling. She got very frustrated after a few tries of not getting her own way, but i persisted and around the 7th or 8th attempt we had success. She sat while i opened the gate and sat until i picked her up thumbsup1.gif