Malaseb Shampoo On Pregnant Bitch

Sonic

My bitch is 5 weeks pregnant and has a yeast infection in her ears. My vet did not want to prescribe corticosteroids so has suggested rinsing her ears with a mild solution of Malaseb shampoo. Has anyone used this shampoo on a pregnant bitch before?

Used it on mine twice as she was very itchy

Your bitch was also pregnant Pockets? No problems? I rang a second vet for their opinion and they said it was fine so I have started bathing with the solution.

No & it may well be safe & your vet has given you the correct information but I would not.

Its a strong chemical. What about a mix of half white vinegar & half water. It may help & can't do any harm at all if it doesn't.

I personally wouldnt use Malaseb on a preganant bitch. It is a very strong chemical.

I actually wouldnt use malaseb at all actually.

Yes my Bitch was pregnant, she became very itchy and her skin at times was quite warm, didn't have any issues with it, but I did not leave it on long.

If your doing it to relieve itchiness you could also either try Aloveen products or fidos have a great aloe Vera shampoo :)

Never heard of Malaseb not being good for pregnant animals, in fact it was my vet that sold me the product :)

My bitch is 5 weeks pregnant and has a yeast infection in her ears. My vet did not want to prescribe corticosteroids so has suggested rinsing her ears with a mild solution of Malaseb shampoo. Has anyone used this shampoo on a pregnant bitch before?

I would personally use the Malaseb, as it's only going to take a week or so of using it diluted 3mls to 100 water. Sure beats the hell out of a fullblown ear infection that would require ab's and it has the potential for further complications.

I would personally use the Malaseb, as it's only going to take a week or so of using it diluted 3mls to 100 water. Sure beats the hell out of a fullblown ear infection that would require ab's and it has the potential for further complications.

Yep - I agree with this. I have also used Dermotic (under vet advice) on a bitch from 6wks through to term as the washes just weren't cutting it with her ears. All was fine.