Dog Eating My Hair!

CollieChaos

My new puppy has been eating my hair, assumingly picking it up off his toys which have been rolling around the floor and getting bits of my hair stuck to it. Occasionally when he is defecating, some will get stuck and he will yelp and try and pull it out, is there anything I can give him that might help him digest it so that it doesnt cause issues? I vacuum regularly, but my hair is quite long and I moult like a labrador lol

I don't think hair is digestible. I have long hair that shed like fur and had the same thing happen to my puppy. I didn't know he was eating hair until he threw up some of it. He didn't have difficulty pooping though. Needless to say I began to vacuum like crazy and the problem seems to be gone now. Good luck!

got the same problem. I am always dropping a lot of hair. I had very long hair previously and decided to cut it short. My hair still drops and Snowy is eating it still but at least the length is shorten, hence helps in his poo. His poo get stuck with my hair dangling and he is not able to get it out. So we have to always pull it out frown.gif

Another expensive option I've get is, I've gotten myself iRobot. Easy. thumbsup1.gif

Less hair, less dust, less dirt from Snowy and cleaner place laugh.gif

our dog is on laxatives for other health problems, it also helps with pooping out my hair , although on the odd occasion we find him with poop and hair dangling out of his bum

:rofl: we have this problem at my house too - dangling poop because of her eating my hair - ick! I don't pull it out because that can hurt their sensitive/delicate "passage" I just cut the hair.