Swimming Pools In Sth East Melb

LittleRock

Im looking for a new pool to swim my dogs at. My dogs use the pool for fitness (not rehab).

I used to go to Kepala, but sadly lve moved and its way too far. Please dont suggest Woofpurnah, lm after other places where you can make a booking and ensure no other male entire dogs will be in the pool at the same time. Ideally no other dogs so your able to get the maximum workout for your dog. And somewhere were they wont charge $40 for 30mins if you want it to yourself. Kepala was GREAT this way and understood the best practise when swimming dogs.

Thanks for your suggestions.

There is/was a greyhound pool at Devon Meadows - built by a "greyhound man" whose name I can't remember. It's a nice pool in that like the indoor pool at Kepala, the dog is swimming at handler's waist height - and also there are lots of curves so both sides ofr the dog can be worked. I actually swim mine at Woofpurnay when I'm in Melbourne - expensive, but gets lost in the cost of getting the dogs and me to the mainland, so I haven't used the Devon Meadows one for years. But someone should know if it's still operationg, and how to contact the man.

The pool at Devon Meadows is still there and operates it's on Stanley Rd. I think this (5998 2982) is the phone number but it is from an old flyer so I'm not sure how current it is.

Casey council in their infinite wisdom decided to get rid of the pool that Dogs In Motion were using.

Edited by Natsu chan

Apart from Devon Meadows there aren't any others as far as I know.

We used to pay $30 for 30 mins for a private session at Doveton, I had three dogs, now down to two.

I was very happy to pay it as we had two dogs old and fragile. Plus the pool owner needs to be reimbursed the same as if they had booked 3 separate dogs into any session.

We are currently driving to Kepala but it's an hour each way and starting to grate on me considering it's my only day off. The things we do for our dogs! :laugh:

Pool cleanliness is a big concern of mine since I have a dog with a compromised immune system that can't afford to get a tummy bug from consuming ill-treated water.

We really need one in the East/South East, but it's a big investment, you need an indoor space, build the pool, extra filtration, staff who can do pool maintenance, management of dog behaviour (and people behaviour!) and some knowledge of the impact of swimming on dogs who've had surgery in case they are also coming in.