Westminster Show - Usa

Jed

Where is the American Staffordshire Terrier? I seem to recall reading something about a big show being held in a BSL state. Is that why there is no Amstaff here? If so - how disrespectful to hold the show there and essentially barr the AST and support BSL.

New York doesn't have BSL, just one of the many breeds that did not make it on that particular site, nothing more, nothing less.

here was the BOB Am staff winner

RN21337201.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some stunning dogs and bitches in there, that were made to look very ordinary. Photo's taken on incorrect angles, dogs with heads turned and made to look as though they have no neck. Dogs not set up, very disappointing and the majority are images that anyone who knows anything and conformation would bin

Can someone please post a pic of the GSD? My computer won't show the images

ETA: Managed to get it working on the Westminster site. Poor dog. The ACD looks like it could skip a few meals and no with more exercise!

Edited by megan_

Ohhhh my most of those pics I would not want the world to see if I owned those dogs.

The expresion on most was like they were being forced into standing there, they looked miserable.

Why do most of the breeds in Non sporting seem too straight in stifle? Or standing on their back tipy toes

and are about to fall over?

Just watched the breed judging of my breed (Schipps), not impressed with movement but at least I did see a loose lead

and not being strung up.

The Norweigan Buhund looks like an oversized Cream Schipp to me.

BB

Great to see so many breeds but to my (very untrained) eye I agree some dogs look very strange. The Greyhound and the Golden retriever in particular. The samoyed doesn't look fluffy enough either, surely it should have more hair? As for the ears on the Dobe and Boxer :mad

The Old English Sheepdog looks like a stuffed toy :laugh:

Most of these photos are very average ,the Irish looks awful in its photo compared to what it does in the ring .

These aren't true to stacked photos & many look like there slipping on the flooring

I thought alot of the dogs looked unsure, tails between their legs.

I liked the bullys, nice and even looking, i didn't know they had different class's for coloured ones, seems a bit odd.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I was so pleased to see these posts because I was quite shocked and was hoping I wasn't the only one. I thought some of the photographs were simply awful and in some the dogs looked almost deformed !!

When I saw the Whippet, my immediate thought was that Kirislin's dogs would beat that one hands down.

Same for some of the other breeds I've seen represented on DOL.

Juice, I thought the while Bully looked "not so good", but really liked Yum Yum the coloured one - LOL.

The photo of the GSD made me just feel sad. :(

ETA: I watched a video of Best In Show a couple of days ago - LOL.

Edited by Danny's Darling

You can clearly see a heavily clipped area on the neck of that greyhound, more than just a neatening of the natural coat lay. That might be contributing to a look we are not so used to.

While I agree this is an awful photo of a very nice bitch I fail to see any clipping. My bitch has that line of hair down her neck and believe me she is not clipped or stripped to make it.

Guest crickets

You can clearly see a heavily clipped area on the neck of that greyhound, more than just a neatening of the natural coat lay. That might be contributing to a look we are not so used to.

While I agree this is an awful photo of a very nice bitch I fail to see any clipping. My bitch has that line of hair down her neck and believe me she is not clipped or stripped to make it.

I didn't mean the line where the coat naturally turns, I meant the light area behind/above that line. It looks to me like it's had clippers & thinning shears very cleverly worked over it. I might be wrong but that's what it looked like to me . I have been there first hand and seen the amount of hair that those pro handler/groomers can get off even from a smooth dog!

I love the Icelandic Sheepdog, what a beautiful dog!

The Icelandic Sheepdog stood out for me, too. I'm no breed expert but something about that dog reminded me of the rescue Sheltie boy we adopted. Expert breed 'eyes' told us he was an 'old-fashioned'-type sheltie that looked less Rough Collie- like around the muzzle.

The Shetland Islands were a Norse area as was Iceland. I wonder if there were common ancestors way back in the history of both breeds. Speculation only. Not saying.

I'm really enjoying working my way thro' the videos which capture the dogs in real time.

Edited by mita

I think that a lot of the "strangeness" that people are seeing in the greyhound is simply the difference between show & race lines. I didn't think she looked odd in the picture??? :confused:

I thought alot of the dogs looked unsure, tails between their legs.

I liked the bullys, nice and even looking, i didn't know they had different class's for coloured ones, seems a bit odd.

The bullies were nice. You should have seen the coloured one show (I watched it on the Westminster site) - showed like a bomb.

I didn't mean the line where the coat naturally turns, I meant the light area behind/above that line. It looks to me like it's had clippers & thinning shears very cleverly worked over it. I might be wrong but that's what it looked like to me . I have been there first hand and seen the amount of hair that those pro handler/groomers can get off even from a smooth dog!

Her neck looks the same as my red bitch and I don't clip or strip her :D

I think that a lot of the "strangeness" that people are seeing in the greyhound is simply the difference between show & race lines. I didn't think she looked odd in the picture??? :confused:

it's not a pic I would put up with pride

Some of those call names - love them!

Some of the photos are really awful though.. and the Greyhound just looks.. weird..

greyhound_600.jpg

Is it just me? Maybe it's the angle, but ... does that dog look strange to anyone else?

Actually, the more I see, the more uncomfortable they make me. The Weim..

same bitch from 2012 Westminster

post-3047-0-76939900-1361855444_thumb.jpg