Litters Due May 2013

Monteba

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn;t expecting to see such dark markings on the pyrs, will they lighten as they get older?

Yes the markings are dark when born and in most cases (though not always) will fade, often significantly. Most people won't notice the markings except for light shadings up close when the dogs are older. Only some pyrs are born all white. None in this litter though graces sire is all white.

I wasn;t expecting to see such dark markings on the pyrs, will they lighten as they get older?

Yes the markings are dark when born and in most cases (though not always) will fade, often significantly. Most people won't notice the markings except for light shadings up close when the dogs are older. Only some pyrs are born all white. None in this litter though graces sire is all white.

thanks. interesting how different breeds develop.

This Morning at 9:15am Jess delivered a healthy baby girl, black weighing 186gr.

Mum & bubs doing fine sleeping in the very warm lounge room.

On wed jess weighed 9kgs (yes quite overweight) and today she is now 8kgs, wonder where it all went???

Photo coming shortly.

BB

My first may litter are doing well they will be 2 weeks tomorrow all have over doubled their birth weights.

My June litter has become a may litter.

Miss beth had her babies today.

We have 3 boys (2 black and whites and 1 gold and white ) and 3 girls all black and white.

Mum and babies doing well.

Puppies born 12 May...

Traumatic whelping - lost one girl, 3 born naturally (at vets) and a c section to retrieve the last

4 puppies survived 2 boys and 2 girls. Sadly I may still lose the little boy

They are 3 weeks now and so cute. I love this age

Congratulations to all!

I see that my report is last :-)

So... On 24/25.05 our DONII born 3 big, dark sable male puppies (379g ,405g, 427g).

Unfortunately, we lost by accident one puppy :-( I suppose the female-mother stepped on him (when he was hidden in a blanket). Puppies with mother were alone in the house only 30 min. During this time a few "homeless" dogs made a big fuss. I suppose mother was alarmed and running in the house.But I have only monitoring outside my house, so I don't know what happened inside.

It is a pity, poor litle puppy [*]

She birth only 3 puppies, I'm a little disappointed. Mating was perfect, but maybe a little too late? The stud had a long break between last mating, maybe semen was not so fresh? I heard that semen from the second mating (within a few days) is better, because it is a freshly produced.

Anyway puppybirth was perfect at the time -exactly 2 months (mating was in night 24/25.03)

Pic - 1 of 2 puppies, (2or3 days old on photo)I will make more pictures when I back to home (next week).

8971871748_74af8e18a1.jpg

Our HOSSA on 26.05 brigh 5 sable puppies (3males/2females), her pregnancy was longer than I expected.

Photos with puppies few days old

8970672121_69ed38a597.jpg

from left 2 males, from the right side female:

8871854320_7bff49d003.jpg

male:

8971838122_1615652c8b.jpg

male:

8971845820_b51ec30657.jpg

8971852796_18305fb712.jpg

female:

8971856906_4f10ebeaae.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How are everyones puppies doing?

We named our girl Roxy, now to work on her pedigree name.

I am abit concerned that she wont eat food yet, should I be??

Mum is still giving her milk a couple of times a day. But with teeth coming through it wont last.

I have tried Roxy on warm raw chicken mince but she licked it then walked off, tried a spoon of the My Dog puppy Chicken & rice but she sniffed it and thats all.

I try her after mum has been away from the crate for over 4 hrs.

Tried her on Animalac milk but no go there either.

My previous litters were trying food by now.

Thanks

BB

Puppies are six and a half weeks here and doing great. They are getting lots of adventure time outside and loving it (ably babysat by Grace's teenage half sister who mum has roped in to assist LOL!). Toileting progressing well and they will only poo outside now and ask to be taken out. Eating well (including eating chicken frames like little pirhanas now). Mum still giving them a bit of a feed several times per day.

BB how old is the pup? My pups started by lapping at mums milk drink (I was giving mum the Leerburg formula) and then progressed to having their own bowl. they were getting just that for about a week then I started adding some beef mince mashed in the milk, gradually increasing the consistency and reducing the milk as they got used to it. They also got turkey necks and chicekn quarters (with the meat scored to make it easy for them to grab) to 'play' with, though I will admit they were stripping those bones bare by 4 and a half weeks LOL!