Charles "charlie" Wentworth

W Sibs

oh my goodness im sooooooooooo sorry :hug: i must have missed your first post. but it sounds like he went out very content with the ones he loved the most around him. im sorry sorry for your loss thinking of you and your family

must say u had me in tears also :cry:

Edited by dandybrush

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a beautiful bittersweet story. Bless you for giving Charlie the earthly life that he had. Because of you he was able to live it to the full - every month and every year that he was given to be here with you ....... and with us. He didn't leave early - he left when his time was due and you made his passing as gentle and as sweet as anyone would be able. He was here for a reason and I would suggest his 'job' on earth was done. He'd have left behind much love and much learning of life meaning and worth.

RIP Charlie - I followed your story throughout (although I too find it difficult to visit the rainbow-bridge forum and so only knew of your 'flight' by this thread) and it was a brave, courageous, happy and heartwarming one. Wherever you are now you would feel the pleasure and freedom from the bonds of your earth body and I can imagine you romping strong and free amongst trees and through the soft grass under a gentle sunshine, watching down and over your 'pack' and knowing they have felt the gift of selfless love.

W Sibs - you've given a perfect life to a perfect dog. :hug:

Edited by Erny

so sorry to hear of Charlie's passing. He always struck as such a wise old soul, no matter his size, or the state of his little body, and he certainly followed that through to the end, giving you the gift of a clear message that he was ready to go. He's left you with his sibs, who he brought up to be dogs he, and you, could be proud of.

Run free, Charlie, and may time bring smiles to his memories.

Edited by Cleo's Corgwyn

Such a beautiful tribute for a clearly adored and treasured little boy.

Charlie is blessed to have such a devoted Mum and Dad. What an incredible life you have shared.

I am so sorry for your loss, run free Charlie and watch over your family :angel:

My thoughts are with you and your family xxx

I haven't been on DOL for long but I have gone through a lot of the old threads and read a lot of Charlie stories. It is obvious he brought a lot of joy to your life and you to his. I can't imagine how hard this would be for you, but at least you know you gave Charlie the best life possible. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I've been reading about Charlie since I first found DOL, he has been a character that crops up in a lot of stories and a lot of threads. He seems to have packed a lot into his short but apparently wonderful life with you guys.

My thoughts are with you.

I think we all to warm to a dog or a person who just gets on with it, despite the odds. Charlie was this sort of little dude ( :) thanks Sarasmum). He was supported by a wonderful couple who ensured he could make the most of his short, previous life.

Vi, I hope you continue to regale us with updates of Em and Skeeter.

Much love.

I admit, I was a bit shocked when I read of his passing in the rainbow thread, as it was 'easy' to forget that he had a debilitating disease that would one day take his life, due to the numerous posts of him being a (normal) dog and his funny antics. He certainly was a unique character and he was such a lucky fellow to have made his home with you. The dedication that you have shown over the years in your attempts to help him and ease his pain has been truly awe-inspiring. You are both terrific. I'm so glad that you have added to your family; while they may not fill the void of Charlie's passing, they will help ease it.

:hug:

Edited by poochmad