Quirky Dog Habits.

Ruin Maniac

Tlaloc will deliberately alert me a couple of minutes before another dog starts to make pre-vomiting noises. He's the only dog I've had that's ever done this and he wont do this particular behaviour at any other time. He doesn't just do this with our dogs, he'll alert to any dog that's about to be sick.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ella sucks on her mother's ears till they are dripping with spit eewwhhh not a good look but Kitty never tells her off. My oldest Brandi when she wants attention pokes you with her front paw and I mean poke LOL gee it hurts sometimes.

A the age of 12 my old Lab Nicolae (RIP) decided that it was no longer dignified to eat his meals in the kitchen. As soon as his food was put down he'd pick up his ceramic bowl and cart it 10 metres into the middle of the lounge room carpet.

Tlaloc will deliberately alert me a couple of minutes before another dog starts to make pre-vomiting noises. He's the only dog I've had that's ever done this and he wont do this particular behaviour at any other time. He doesn't just do this with our dogs, he'll alert to any dog that's about to be sick.

Slightly OT but Stussy doesn't make any other noise to indicate a vom-bomb other than a slight 'cack' as it all comes flying out. The other night she'd been doing zoomies, had a drink and then come and draped herself over me as usual. Suddenly she cacks up the water and unfortunately one of the other dogs was lying directly underneath us on the floor and copped it. 'Twas quite funny - at least it wasn't on the carpet for a change!

Keely has "water" balls and "land" balls - she will only fetch a rubber ball in water and will only fetch a tennis ball on land - she gives anyone who gets it mixed up the most withering look !

Stupid humans, get it right. :laugh:

I have a quirky couple very similar to Pretty miss em only it's my Stella who is a toy sucker/carrier with "pete" the pelican. She is off with the fairies when she is sucking away on Pete & when she isn't she carries him everywhere she goes. If she gets tired of carrying him when we are out & about she looks at me & stops, her cue that It.s my turn to carry him for a while. Stella also digs up a beautiful bed whether she is about to lay down on the wooden floor (scratch) tiles, outside or in her own bed. Circles round & round & digs like mad for a frantic minute then lays down. Every time.

My boy's only weird habit is before I put his lead on or get ready to groom him , he walks round in a circle about 2 metres in diameter every single time. Why? Dont know but it's every time without fail.. :)

You and I have very similar dogs!!! Every time I call Kenz to put on her collar and lead she always takes the long route to get to me (generally a big loop around the coffe table!!!)!

LOL, thats so funny . How alike are our 4. It's uncanny really. Kenz even does the weird circle thing just like Sonny. Weird as it is. As soon as I pick up his lead, off he goes & does his lap around the table, then I put his lead on & off we go. Bizare really.

My dog's quirks are mostly related to his overwhelmingly curious nature. If there's something happening anywhere in our house, he's right there, 'supervising.'

More than a few of my childrens paintings have incriminating whisker marks on them.

This morning I was vacuuming using just the nozzle part. I put it down for a moment, still running, to move something. Unbeknownst to me, nosy Boxer tried to sniff it. There was a brief moment of noise as his jowls were stuck on suction before he popped in the air and it fell off. The look of 'WTF?' was priceless. :laugh:

Milo has a habit of having to wipe his face on anything cloth (carpet, rug, bed, couch) after he has had ameal, but only if its a wet one. Dry food doesnt get the same response. he is also a grunter, so it sounds like a little piggy getting around some days. He also doesnt like anyone but me sitting on his bean bag, he will get on top of them and stare them down until they move, or go around teh back and start pushing at them.

Skeeter, my 10 month old Samoyed, is just a quirky guy!

His main thing is that he like rearranging furniture. I have seen him drag the coffee table out of the living room and put it in the middle of the dining room. When he was about 12 weeks old, we heard him barking and found that he was pulling one of the dog bed through the doggie door and it got stuck and he was telling it off.

Oh, when he gives you cuddles or wants a cuddle he will sits with his back towards you but touching you as much as he can and will tilt his back backwards till his head touches you. So you have to reach over and cuddle him, and the bigger the squeeze you give him the better he loves. He is a sweetheart.

When his eats bones, Skeeter hates getting his paws dirty so he will not hold his food to eat. If he has too, he will go wash his paw in the water bowl.

Emmy, my Jap Spitz, likes to swipe her face after she eats too. Especially if she had fish. She always sits on the highest point of the house if she could, so she is often camped out on top of the couch looking down at things.

I can't believe Skeeter is 10 months old already! He sounds so adorable :love:

Saxon does the face wiping too, the first time my mum saw him do it when he was little she was very alarmed at looked at me in distress saying "what's wrong with him, what's he doing?" My step brother and I assured her its just a weird dog thing :laugh:

My dog's quirks are mostly related to his overwhelmingly curious nature. If there's something happening anywhere in our house, he's right there, 'supervising.'

More than a few of my childrens paintings have incriminating whisker marks on them.

This morning I was vacuuming using just the nozzle part. I put it down for a moment, still running, to move something. Unbeknownst to me, nosy Boxer tried to sniff it. There was a brief moment of noise as his jowls were stuck on suction before he popped in the air and it fell off. The look of 'WTF?' was priceless. :laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for your contributions, everyone. Keep 'em coming :rofl:

I have one to add myself. I just watched Suleiman walk into his pool... and pee. Casually walk in, no leaping and digging as usual, just peed and walked out again.

... I don't know what to make of that. Strange dog.

EDIT: according to my friend who watches him now and then, he's been doing this in the water bowls. :vomit:

Edited by Ruin Maniac