Introducing Teddy, My Broken Hill Pound Rescue Kelpie

After failing to adopt a dog from DRN, I moved on, realising that I could rescue a dog straight from a pound.

So, with the heavenly help of Riverina Rescue ( Nina and Rhonda ) and Karen :thumbsup: , my dear pet arrived safely, three weeks ago, in Canberra. Teddy was a stray, must have been scavenging out west for food and water, and had picked up nasties: bush ticks and a gastric/parasitic problem. With veterinary attention, after one week on antibiotics, things were looking up. Two weeks later he had gained weight, looked good and had a shiny coat.

Nothing can stop him now, he follows me around everywhere, he seems very loyal. He loves our two dogs, and cheekily sits on top of Adi, and nibbles him without any protest. Getting a dog out of the pound, was the best decision I made, I would always do it again, if I had to. And it is not a hard thing to do, with fantastic assistance on offer, no distance is too far for a rescue. Thanks heaps Nina, Rhonda and Karen! :)

P10306212.jpg

Well hello there Teddy, looks like you've landed on all four paws in your new home :) He's gorgeous gwp4me congrats on your poundie boy. My last foster greyhound came from West Wyalong pound after enduring a similar life as your Teddy. Thanks to the amazing Nina and Rhonda he made the trek to Sydney and like you said no distance is too far for these wonderful ladies.

Teddy looks fantastic in such a short time :thumbsup: Wishing you many happy years with your boy from the bush :)

Thanks All, I think he was a working sheepdog, he likes to stalk and point the other dogs, but only the cows and horses when they are behind the fence, as he feels intimidated by their size. He is very small and dainty, and tricks the other dogs by growling, to get his way with food or toys. :laugh: Many more like him, in the pounds out west at the moment. :( As my mum said to me, with all these wonderful dogs turning up in the pounds, I was worried about getting one particular dog, what for? Yes, the ladies from Riverina Rescue are amazing. :thumbsup: