Millie 2000(?) - 21 Feb 2013

Ripley

Oh Ripley, I am so very sorry for your loss of Millie, what a beautiful girl she was. No matter whether you were expecting to lose them or not, the pain and sadness still gets to you. I still thought I had time with Bella but life had other plans. You have such beautiful memories of your girl, she was lucky to have been a part of your life and you were lucky to be a part of hers.

I used to offer words of condolence without knowing what it was like to lose a close friend, now I cry when I write because I can feel your heartache.

Rest in peace Millie, watch over those who have loved you.

Oh Ripley!! I have only just seen this!! I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Millie. Your tribute to her is absolutey gorgeous and had my eyes leaking whilst I was at work, huge hugs and a bucket of condolences. What a lucky girl to have come into your fold. :grouphug::flower:

Popping back in to thank you again for your lovely thoughts. I miss her greatly.

This was the last photo I took of Mille in early February. Just with my phone. My parrot had decided to fly down and help himself to the brown rice left in her bowl (she'd eaten the meat thankfully). I spotted Millie sitting still and a long, green tail poking behind the door. I think the look on her face says how gentle she was and how even though she's not happy about having her food raided, she was ok to share. Of course, I removed my bird so she could continue with her dinner!

We don't have our dogs long enough. Millie was probably over 12 but I've had my parrot for 18 years this year and he will live until about 30 if he stays healthy.

post-485-0-57631800-1363146769_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ripley

I'm so sorry, Ripley.

I remember the stories you used to tell about Millie. Like a happy little foster tibbie boy who had a great time playing with her. I can still see in my mind the photos you posted at the time. Millie taught him how to be a good housepet. She was such a clever, gentle, good little girl and so pretty, too.

You gave her a wonderful life & my heart goes out to you how much you'll miss her, She will forever be in your heart. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ripley.

I am so sorry for your loss, she was gorgeous, and looks very spoiled, as it should be.

I am feeling the loss of my Jack Russell Tippy a lot at the moment, and are checking out others losses to see how people are coping a little further down the track.

Reading your posts I have had the same memories and thoughts as you, it is so hard to look at their fav spots, and every "first" has me in tears. I still can't sit on the lounge we shared. People seem to be at a loss as to what to say, but here there is an area where we do not need to feel strange or weird. Behind the cloak of anonymity we can share our feelings and thoughts. Keep doing this Ripley, I find it helps, and one day, when the time is right, I know I will welcome a new bundle of mischief into the family, and hope that you do too.

I am thinking of you as we both go through this impossible situation.

Di

• 3 weeks later...