Promote Your Rescue Dogs

I'd consider adding solutions to 'the bad' and' the ugly' as there certainly are some good solutions to what is mentioned there.

I do agree with Nic B's thoughts too with regards to identifying the market you wish to target and providing quality information.

Are you going to write information for articles yourself or get others to do it for you?

Yes :) To be honest I don't like I dont like the idea of good, bad and ugly :o

Getting a new family member is a valuable and worthwhile experience which can be shared.

I would prefer to read about the many benefits of dog ownership and to be expected and normal development.

You could not get anyone better for advice than Cosmollo by the way!

Yes.

Cosmolo stands out as a trainer who truly understands the needs of rescue and whose efforts have surely led to an increase in adoptions and satisfaction rate of adopters.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add...I think there's some misunderstanding that i'm proclaiming to be an expert on dog rescue. Not at all and I don't claim that anywhere on the site. I'm writing as a lay person, who is finding out information from the various sources available. What I've written about were my own personal challenges when my dogs were growing up. I have just written a post about a book that I found very moving - my own personal reflections on that book along with links to more expert information about puppy mills etc. So it's really my personal reflections and pointing people to where they can find the advice. I hope that makes sense.

I think cosmolo and nicB, your question about who the 'target' audience is , is very important and I'll give some thought to that.

I have taken your advice on board and updated my 'so you want a dog' page to reflect that there are some solutions to the common problems that I listed.

You don't need to be an expert, though you do need to offer really fantastic advice, suggestions and advice. That requires reasearch and or experience.

Perhaps start with something that you are experienced in (your target market) and which you can offer 100% great advice on...

You can always build as you reasearch, develop and grow :) DOL is a wealth of knowledge.

I'd consider adding solutions to 'the bad' and' the ugly' as there certainly are some good solutions to what is mentioned there.

I do agree with Nic B's thoughts too with regards to identifying the market you wish to target and providing quality information.

Are you going to write information for articles yourself or get others to do it for you?

Yes :) To be honest I don't like I dont like the idea of good, bad and ugly :o

Getting a new family member is a valuable and worthwhile experience which can be shared.

I would prefer to read about the many benefits of dog ownership and to be expected and normal development.

You could not get anyone better for advice than Cosmollo by the way!

Yes.

Cosmolo stands out as a trainer who truly understands the needs of rescue and whose efforts have surely led to an increase in adoptions and satisfaction rate of adopters.

+ 1 and an inspiration for many of us :)

You won't find me arguing about Cosmolo - they're amazing and worked wonders with my own dogs. I have a huge amount of respect for the work that they do. They've taught us so much, and have always been stunningly professional. Thanks again Cosmolo.

hi guys, I've added quite a few new articles, some humorous and some more serious. Have a look if you have time. I have taken all your advice on board, eg did a 'cheat-sheet' on toilet training. going to do a post on crates in next few weeks too. thanks again for your help and advice. I have taken the focus off 'rescue' per se, as I can see that some people were offended that I didn't have the experience to write on that; I think that was a fair point.