Dog Jumper Workshops (from Old Tracksuits)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any sydney based rescue or foster carers (pls check with your group if ok) that might want to come along with fosters to give them some exposure?? I have checked with the shopowner and she is ok if rescue want to sell any of their fundraising items for their group (I have been trying to call K9Angel through the week to see if she wants to sell some cookies, but have been unable to get in touch with her).

If there are any fosters that want to come along with their handler, maybe even model some of the jumpers made, we will have a couple of professional photographers on hand too, so a good opportunity for some doggy glamour shots! Pls PM me (or, alternately you can call the shop).

Dropped in to Sew Make Create with a couple of bags of towels and trackies. Met Pepper - even more gorgeous than her poster. Unfortunately, she was on a lead and being very closely monitored. I did offer to take her for a walk and that kind kind offer was declined. Why, I ask. Do I look like a dognapper :mad :laugh: :laugh:

Both lovely Pantos were there: two legged one and four legged one.

A large contingent of trackie cutters was hard at it when I left, so there are going to be some very warm and happy pound pets before too long.

Didn't meet any DOLers, but K9Angel had obviously worked very hard to get supplies of her delicious hand made doggy treats available.

Waiting impatiently to see how you went.......you are probably worn out!

You're not wrong!! I spent Saturday traisping around Sydney rounding up more tracksuit donations, picking up cookies (verdict... delicious!.. that's from the dogs that is, although Pepper's dad did lament, well they're made of human grade ingredients, right? :laugh: )

Sunday morning I drove an old truck and helped a friend move a large piece of furniture, so between that and the wknd's efforts and the workshop, I was early to bed last night (whilst nodding off in front of tv just after dinner), and could barely get up this morning!!

Thanks for the interest LG :) DD - thank you so much for dropping in and dropping off the towels, they will definitely make it to pounds next time I can do a round or coordinate with other transport to a pound!

Our last minute donations from friends and colleagues more than doubled what we had been collecting, so much so that we couldn't get through all of them! So there is some for our next workshop on June 23. In the meanwhile, we have tracksuit bodies and rolls of fleece which have been donated too, so we will be making these too - just have to send out what we currently have and see what size is most needed / used so we can cut the right/most common size.

Lots of photos were taken, but I'm waiting for those to become available. In the meanwhile, a couple from my phone!

Pepper on top of the mountain of donations (which grew from this by another half!)

P79950800.jpg

This is probably maybe only a third or a quarter of the jumpers we managed to cut up..!

sorted into sizes, and even teeny tiny coats for pups or kittens (if they wear them??!)

P79950901.jpg

You guys have done an amazing job with those dog coats! :thumbsup:

They look great and no doubt will keep a fair few poundies warm this winter. :)

And thankyou again Panto for offering to take some of my dog treats along to the workshop, much appreciated. :thanks:

most welcome! actually colleagues have been saying they look delicious and they're disappointed to find out they're for dog and not humans!! :laugh:

so our next workshop is 23 June, and we've had coverage on 'weekendnotes' and online publication 'two thousand', hoorah!

most welcome! actually colleagues have been saying they look delicious and they're disappointed to find out they're for dog and not humans!! :laugh:

so our next workshop is 23 June, and we've had coverage on 'weekendnotes' and online publication 'two thousand', hoorah!

Hi Panto, id love to help out for the next workshop, not that I can see very well lol

Happy to be a collection point, I'm sure I can get donations from my workplace. Will there be a new FB event or posters?

:)

Hi Panto, id love to help out for the next workshop, not that I can see very well lol

Happy to be a collection point, I'm sure I can get donations from my workplace. Will there be a new FB event or posters?

That would be great! :thumbsup:

Im on my phone right now so cant find it, but if you facebook or google 'sew make create' you will find details there!

Will post the link up next time I am on a computer. If you would like one of our posters, can you pls PM me your email address and we can send it to you?

Thank you so much for taking part! :)

That would be great! :thumbsup:

Im on my phone right now so cant find it, but if you facebook or google 'sew make create' you will find details there!

Will post the link up next time I am on a computer. If you would like one of our posters, can you pls PM me your email address and we can send it to you?

Thank you so much for taking part! :)

Just PMed you my email address :)

Great to see that my original post last year has made such an impact. Can I ask though why the coats look so short in the back? I make them long enough to cover the rear to the base of the tail and even a little longer if possible.

Great to see that my original post last year has made such an impact. Can I ask though why the coats look so short in the back? I make them long enough to cover the rear to the base of the tail and even a little longer if possible.

we tried some of them on and they do cover the base of the tail - most of them do anyways. they're not all going to be like that though (even though it is desired) as they're done by volunteers. the really tiny ones we figure can be used on pups, made from donated kids' trakkies. we tested our templates out and tried them on dogs before using those. :happydance:

I love that your post has rippled into this :)

(btw, we are not claiming it as our own idea, if it is an original idea of yours and you want your name attached to it pls let me know!)

we tried some of them on and they do cover the base of the tail - most of them do anyways. they're not all going to be like that though (even though it is desired) as they're done by volunteers. the really tiny ones we figure can be used on pups, made from donated kids' trakkies. we tested our templates out and tried them on dogs before using those. :happydance:

(btw, we are not claiming it as our own idea, if it is an original idea of yours and you want your name attached to it pls let me know!)

It is an original idea of mine as I designed the first one with just a pair of scissors, some years ago, but I don't need any official credit. I am just delighted that my idea has snowballed and is helping rescue dogs to keep warm at no cost to anyone. You were the one who had the thought to do the trackie drive and organise a workshop so well done.

It is an original idea of mine as I designed the first one with just a pair of scissors, some years ago, but I don't need any official credit. I am just delighted that my idea has snowballed and is helping rescue dogs to keep warm at no cost to anyone. You were the one who had the thought to do the trackie drive and organise a workshop so well done.

awww how nice are you dancinbcs.

I'll have a hunt around here for some trackies and see what I can come up with :)

Edited by Ons

:flower: we're neither doing it for ourselves, but for the doggies in need. Glad we're both on the same page! :thumbsup:

and thanks for coming up with the idea!! :winner:

Ons - thank you!!

Just had someone donate a whole large DJs bag of trakkies! I think we're collecting enough that soon we might ask for local volunteers to pick up, cut at home and return or post directly to needy dogs!