Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe they think I'm crazy with all my lardy dar fancy notions of professionalism and accountability :thumbsup: I'm an East coast person, it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun :laugh:

There are lots of rescue groups in SA that have professionalism and accountability - they are MDBA members. thumbsup1.gif You've just been watching the wrong ones.

That is one thing that you and I can agree on Jo... South Australia is too damn small, everyone knows everyone one way or another lol.

Another update from Mark Aldridge:

"I have to laugh out loud at the RSPCA, they have contact myself, Lola and the Minister and are refusing to deal with me as Moorooks spokesperson lol, and they are refusing to prove they had a vet on hand, because they did not, so all of their inspections were not lawful, neither was the taking of Moorooks animals and the euthanasia of their healthy dogs, interesting indeed"

Well maybe they think I'm crazy with all my lardy dar fancy notions of professionalism and accountability :thumbsup: I'm an East coast person, it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun :laugh:

There are lots of rescue groups in SA that have professionalism and accountability - they are MDBA members. thumbsup1.gif You've just been watching the wrong ones.

That's probably a matter of opinion to some people.

Far as I know they don't need a vet to inspect the animals - they may need a vet to seize though I believe Moorook handed them over rather than them seizing them.

That suggests a choice.

Edited by Sheridan

That's probably a matter of opinion to some people.

Far as I know they don't need a vet to inspect the animals - they may need a vet to seize though I believe Moorook handed them over rather than them seizing them.

That suggests a choice.

Thats right from what has been reported they did have a choice - whether or not they felt they did or whether they were bullied etc is speculation and not really relevant as to whether they needed a vet with them.

Our rescue members are more accountable - no opinion required its a fact and I have neither seen nor heard any evidence what ever as to why anyone would feel they were unprofessional.

"A vet must be on hand it they are to evaluate the animals condition, and take them, Lola was forced to sign them over under duress, they were going to take them in any event, but then would have had an avenue to sue her for costs, which they made clear could wipe her out."

Someone will need to look up prevention of cruelty to animals act and any companion animals state laws in SA as the minor details are different in each state. My personal opinion is that if its true they need a vet to seize there is a hell of a lot of them that arent doing that and in all honesty Id be surprised if that was the case .But she surrendered them whether she says now it was under duress isnt the point. No point in arguingthere was no vet when they seized them if they didnt seize them.

I think it does matter if someone is forced to do something under duress. It's certainly a legal defence in a number of instances (for example a confession of a crime). An economic threat is still a threat.

Someone will need to look up prevention of cruelty to animals act and any companion animals state laws in SA as the minor details are different in each state. My personal opinion is that if its true they need a vet to seize there is a hell of a lot of them that arent doing that and in all honesty Id be surprised if that was the case .But she surrendered them whether she says now it was under duress isnt the point. No point in arguingthere was no vet when they seized them if they didnt seize them.

I think it does matter if someone is forced to do something under duress. It's certainly a legal defence in a number of instances (for example a confession of a crime). An economic threat is still a threat.

I think an economic threat is one of the worst.

O.K. Agreed but its also common practice and I would suggest that very few people who surrender their dogs in similar circumstances do so without some kind of duress or percieved threat. Will be intersting to watch this all play out -either way it wont bring the dogs back. Still if there was no vet there and there needed to be one if they seized the dogs the dogs werent seized.If the dogs were inspected and they needed a vet to inspect - unlikely - then thats relavent.