Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing is fascinating and pretty difficult to believe. Makes me see what double standards people seem to have.

I can just imagine a breeder demanding they only arrive by appointment because they have to leave the property as they also have another life.

One of the more disturbing things is the number of people who pledge unwavering support for Moorook yet know nothing about the place. The rspca page had a lot more balanced comments and some of the Riverland people who know something about Moorook had posted on there. Like they have said, not everyone in the Riverland support Moorook despite the claims made by Moorook that they have full community back up. One good thing is that the shelter has been upgraded and there are claims that they will cap the number of animals accepted. Ideally we'd also see an investigation into the rspca and have this as part of the evidence that the policing of animal welfare laws needs to go back to the government.

I read that thread and also saw the irony in the whole thing. There is no way to get cruelty within the rspca in most places, but I think the AWL are getting some powers now and could possibly kick up a stink. But as for investigating matters of conduct we all know there is no process. I am hoping a parliamentary investigation can be eventually conducted, if things get bad enough there would be avenues a minister could use that use common people can't. I just can't believe things can keep going like this, they are getting worse and one day it will all come to a head.

From my experience with working at the AWL the worst thing to happen would be to give them more power, animals cause emotive reactions unfortunately many that scream the loudest based their actions on emotions not experience and many would probably have a much different view if they had the personal experience that many do

I think if pushed he'll just say he can't expose the source. But another thing that annoys me is a bunch of people saying to Moorook you don't have to prove you are right, just don't worry about it. If I were called a liar I'd be doing everything I can to show I was right because to be known as a liar on something like that is quite serious. It's not like you put the dog out for 20 minutes instead of 30, the police were dragged into it. Talk about rabid supporters who don't care about facts. That goes for the rspca groupies as well.

Moorook have denied that is the source, that one was a troll apparently and just trying to stir. Not saying it's true, just what is claimed.

From Moorook's page

" the person carrying on that they made the whole ting up has never contacted the page via PM- they contacted an admin from LDoA who passed on their msgs to us. However they kept changing their story- varying from they saw it on a friend status, it was that they saw it themselves, it was that they were following them as they were going to their own destination etc etc.

Our posts and our information were not based on this persons accounts- they were based on local people that we trust and local businesses telling an admin on the phone who was ringing to confirm before making posts. The person carrying on about how they made it up is simply nothing but an attention seeking troll."

The source of the police info was never discussed. As I said, why would the police be instantly informing Moorook that they defected the rspca, very unprofessional and I never got the impression the police up there were in any way suspect. I watched it all unfold on FB that night and had my doubts. I also highly doubt the rspca would be driving around with bald tyres considering they frequently engage the police to accompany them.

I know, you just say the word rescue and suddenly you have achieved sainthood. I read so many comments that started I have never been there but I support you 100% :confused: How do they know what they have been told is true. I've been critical of Moorook but I don't expect people to blindly believe me either.

same old same old just a bunch of nutters looking for a war to fight. By now the truth and facts are long forgotten and its about pay back and winning a point rather than what's best for the dogs. Lies everywhere.