Boofer From B Hill (imp 24 )

Absolutely agree with you Tidierikx, and Aphra and minimax. As I said before, those who have taken on the task of helping this girl and her dozen pups, or who are offering to help, should be thanked. All highly reputable, conscientious and principled rescue folk. Many of us will vouch for this. Let's just end all the agitating now.

A late but heart-felt agreement to what you've said, Moody.

And well done, again, to Nina & Rhonda.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So the thoughts that are rolling around in my brain are about why the pound isn't aborting the pups and why, if a rescue is going to take the dog, do they wait until it is too late to abort the pups? If a dog in a pound is known to be pregnant and a rescue group knows it is going to take the dog, how can the pregnancy be allowed to continue "

Why would the pound desex and abort pups on a dog that at that point didnt have rescue ? She didnt have rescue for a long time and she had been in the pound since mid Jan at least. No pound is going to pay to desex a dog when they dont even know if it will get rescue...some might but not B Hill anyway.

As I said before, by the time we put our name on her it was as a last resort to get her out as no one else was in a position to help her. Right or wrong we will not abort puppies at that late stage.......if other rescues can do it its entirely up to them.

Perhaps someone can help this girl who ranger thinks is pregnant, she's only 7-8 mths

236Blaze8mthspreg_zpsde7752d1.jpg

Since this was such a huge issue for everyone, can somebody maybe find some room for this girl so she can get the snip? The pound will not just spay any females that come in for funsies, they are kept on as long as possible but if they do not get rescue or local adoption (which is not exactly an option we relish with a potentially pregnant bitch) then the last option is for Nina and Rhonda to take them on, or they can be put down.

Any help with this girl would be appreciated and if somebody wants to just cover her spay (as I have done in the past but cannot afford to at present, nor can I afford to do that for every single bitch in general) then monies can be paid to the vet directly without the need to commit to rescue the dog. As I said, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone else help?

Any of those so against pound pups having litters - can you help out with her desexing to avoid another possible unwanted litter?

I am happy to donate $50 towards her 'early' desexing (to avoid another unwanted litter) but I am not in a position to take on another foster are present.

The sooner it is done the better, I would assume.

Awww... aren't they little chubbers? Their eyes will be opening soon... and then it will be fun... mum won't be able to hide from them... lol!

You know, the coolest age for pups is about 3.5 to 4 weeks, when they start getting really curious about their surroundings. Don't forget to give them a few toys to beat up around then, and then sit back and watch the fun. Think photo opportunity... *grin*

Just out of curiosity, what was their date of birth?

T.

I can donate $50 as well for desexing of the pup if it helps. Staffyluv could you pm me if you have any details - thanks :)

I don't yet as she doesn't have rescue and the pound won't desex her - she will have to wait until she has rescue (the sooner the better if she is pregnant)..

Nina will let us know in the thread if and when she has rescue (and then we donate to that rescue)..

Fingers crossed for the lovely girl - so young.

I can donate $50 as well for desexing of the pup if it helps. Staffyluv could you pm me if you have any details - thanks :)

Thankyou Chocolatelover :thanks: No one has put their name on her yet but I will add to the BH thread in Urgent that she has $100 towards her desexing.

Comes down to cost huntrox... some pounds believe that people buying dogs from them won't pay a higher price that includes desexing... and/or there may not be a vet local to the pound that will offer reduced rate desexing for the poundies (to keep costs down)...

T.

Shame, if only more people were educated on the importance of desexing, it was only today that I was talking to a couple who found an undesexed staffy boy roaming around and they were taking it to the pound, I wonder how long he was wondering around for and just hope that he didnt come across any undesexed girl doggies :mad

There has been no help at all forthcoming for the dogs who are in this pound now and I am wondering if it is because of the assumptions and accusations made in this thread? The pound is full and Nina and Rhonda can not take every single dog in it.

The other boofer girl who is suspected to be pregnant especially was in urgent need of spaying, not to mention eventually the pound will simply run out of space and need to start making some room...

If this thread really is the cause of how quiet the other thread became all of a sudden then I really do hope everyone is feeling good about their "efforts" :(

Edited by BlackJaq

We're taking some dogs from Broken Hill, but we're in Victoria so won't risk taking bull breeds, it's not safe for them under the current legislation. There is a transport run planned in the next couple of weeks from Broken Hill. We've had gorgeous dogs from BH, they are all vaccinated upon arrival and many of them are out on foster care before hitting transport, so they have made a start on quarantine, if that might tempt other rescues. The more dogs we can get out on transport, the less it costs each rescue for transport.

There has been no help at all forthcoming for the dogs who are in this pound now and I am wondering if it is because of the assumptions and accusations made in this thread? The pound is full and Nina and Rhonda can not take every single dog in it.

The other boofer girl who is suspected to be pregnant especially was in urgent need of spaying, not to mention eventually the pound will simply run out of space and need to start making some room...

If this thread really is the cause of how quiet the other thread became all of a sudden then I really do hope everyone is feeling good about their "efforts" :(

There is not an infinite number of rescue spots. Unless dogs are being rehomed as fast as they are coming in them eventually rescues will be full and unable to take on any new dogs. Also many dogs taken from BH will not be quick rehomers due to size/ breed.

There is not an infinite number of rescue spots. Unless dogs are being rehomed as fast as they are coming in them eventually rescues will be full and unable to take on any new dogs. Also many dogs taken from BH will not be quick rehomers due to size/ breed.

Very little information about the BH dogs doesn't help either with getting them to rescue.

Is there anyone out there who can test the dogs with cats, other dogs etc any history, training they may have? Anything that may be an issue?

For the lenghth of time some have been there, I would assume there is more known about the dogs?