Dogs V Humans

Pollywaffle

I don't have children and yes my dogs are very important to me. I don't want to get into the kid vs dog in a burning building debate because I have been there before. My dogs are my world because really I don't have much else. Not that I feel "wo is me" but I don't have any family so they make ME happy. I love coming home to them, I love the fact that they are the happiest dogs in the world even when I just go to the letterbox, yes they are challenging but what would I do without them :shrug: My dogs are not a substitute for children and to be quite honest that sh*ts me. I never wanted children so how would I replace something I never wanted? My dogs make me happy...and isn't that what lifes all about?

That's exactly how I feel SM :)

I don't have children and don't treat my dogs like children either. My animals mean the world to me and they make me happy, to me that's what is important to me, just like other people's children or oh are important to them.

Thanks for these replies..because they are exactly where I am at..my dogs don't fill a void..they are their own magic.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the company of beautiful souls, no matter what parcel they are wrapped in. :) And you can't put humans and dogs in the same basket so it's never a question of choice.

BTW And am I the only one who gets the feeling the dogs get more I love you's from a certain man of the house than I do? :laugh:

I prefer the company of beautiful souls, no matter what parcel they are wrapped in. :) And you can't put humans and dogs in the same basket so it's never a question of choice.

BTW And am I the only one who gets the feeling the dogs get more I love you's from a certain man of the house than I do? :laugh:

Beautifully said.

BTW I read a letter in a magazine from a woman who said she nearly got a thrill one evening.

She was getting dinner at the stove when her husband came in from work behind her.

He said, 'Did you have a good day, my darling?'

She started to answer but he interrupted, 'I was talking to the cat.'

Beautifully said.

BTW I read a letter in a magazine from a woman who said she nearly got a thrill one evening.

She was getting dinner at the stove when her husband came in from work behind her.

:rofl: Sounds like my house.

laugh.gif Sounds familiar.

"You are so Beautiful"

"Thank y--"

"I was talking to the dog, she's so pretty"