What Is The Story With The New Temperament Assessments At Blacktown Po

Kavik- i don't have such a workshop, much as i have recommended many dogs successfully for sport or work and we do touch on it in the behavioural assessment workshop, it's not really enough my area of expertise to run a workshop solely on the topic.

Thanks for the reply :)

I find it an interesting topic and would certainly be more likely to get a rescue at some point if I had a better idea of how to temperament test dogs for suitability first.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR deleted the temp notes from dogs who were temp tested at HP, added their own pathetic "story" without even meeting the dogs and them pinched the photos that went with the temp notes.

When MN was asked not to do that, she stated it was council property and that council owned the photos :laugh: She then went on to steal (register) the name pound list so that she could use the pics (and also p.off temp testers and volunteers)

Don't forget the fake FB 'Pound List' profile she made up to belittle rescuers on our behalf. :coffeesplurk: Not bad for someone who randomly accuses people of being Trolls and Haters.

PR deleted the temp notes from dogs who were temp tested at HP, added their own pathetic "story" without even meeting the dogs and them pinched the photos that went with the temp notes.

When MN was asked not to do that, she stated it was council property and that council owned the photos :laugh: She then went on to steal (register) the name pound list so that she could use the pics (and also p.off temp testers and volunteers)

Don't forget the fake FB 'Pound List' profile she made up to belittle rescuers on our behalf. :coffeesplurk: Not bad for someone who randomly accuses people of being Trolls and Haters.

I do not agree with the temp testing in a pound environment it is license to kill and very dangerous no dog in a pound environment is calm and relaxed they are stressed and will not perform well therefore many dogs will die I believe the temp testing should be stopped 5 out of 7 dogs were killed last Friday this is a very good indication of how hard their testing is I do not applaud the council for this I am a resident of the area and not impressed at all and no I am not from pound rounds and seeing that NSW RSPCA had something to do with this is dangerous as well they have the highest kill rate if this tactic was to keep costs down that is dam right disgusting to kill dogs for money I am appalled and concerned for the rest of the dogs in the pound that will loose their lives due to the temp test

I do not agree with the temp testing in a pound environment it is license to kill and very dangerous no dog in a pound environment is calm and relaxed they are stressed and will not perform well therefore many dogs will die I believe the temp testing should be stopped 5 out of 7 dogs were killed last Friday this is a very good indication of how hard their testing is I do not applaud the council for this I am a resident of the area and not impressed at all and no I am not from pound rounds and seeing that NSW RSPCA had something to do with this is dangerous as well they have the highest kill rate if this tactic was to keep costs down that is dam right disgusting to kill dogs for money I am appalled and concerned for the rest of the dogs in the pound that will loose their lives due to the temp test

The irony of this all is that it is BECAUSE of Pound Rounds that the Pound has had to bring in the temp tests. It also isn't the only pound to use temp tests for dogs following PR's modus operandii.

Edited by dogmad

Don't you care that PR has pulled dogs out and sent them off to new homes where they have attacked and in one instance killed another dog? Doesn't it bother you that PR don't even meet some of the dogs they "rescue" before they ship them off interstate? How do you feel about the fact PR take money for dogs that are safe or not even in their care?

There's so much you need to know about the way things work but I'm sure others will fill you in. Particularly the "kill dogs for money", not sure who told you that one.

My question to you is why aren't you equally appalled that PR have walked away, staff are getting abused and 5 lives and the future of more are being used as emotional blackmail?

There's so much you need to know about the way things work but I'm sure others will fill you in. Particularly the "kill dogs for money", not sure who told you that one.

My question to you is why aren't you equally appalled that PR have walked away, staff are getting abused and 5 lives and the future of more are being used as emotional blackmail?

I don't know where oscamia is from but I am told LDH gets more money from pts than they they do from adoptions.

My aim of my post is to clarify my opinion, take pound rounds out of the picture and look at what is happening everybody seems to be focusing on pound rounds and not what the council is doing the temp test is lethal in a pound environment any dog there will be stressed and many will fail their kill rate is going to be so high killing innocent dogs, I have a cavalier who growls at my bull mastiff now this would go against the dog and my previous cavalier used to kill chickens if the chickens came in my yard I would be concerned for any dog being tested at the pound

I am not not from pound rounds, I live locally to the area as I have stated I have rescued dogs in the past but now I rescue cats due to that i have 3 dogs of my own and I am sensible being that I have 2 small dogs and a bull mastiff too many is not a good recipe, my bull mastiff is inherited from my son so there you go that's where I come from, and pound rounds has nothing to do with my opinion and I am totally not interested in getting into a discussion about them I am just very sorry the dogs are suffering due to a decision to start doing temp testing I have heard and seen what the RSPCA NSW is doing and I don't want my pound going in that direction I can't believe people are not concerned about how many dogs will lose their lives from this temp testing Blacktown pound has been doing so good in the last couple of years I have been to their committee meeting and was impressed last year but I am not now

I am not not from pound rounds, I live locally to the area as I have stated I have rescued dogs in the past but now I rescue cats due to that i have 3 dogs of my own and I am sensible being that I have 2 small dogs and a bull mastiff too many is not a good recipe, my bull mastiff is inherited from my son so there you go that's where I come from, and pound rounds has nothing to do with my opinion and I am totally not interested in getting into a discussion about them I am just very sorry the dogs are suffering due to a decision to start doing temp testing I have heard and seen what the RSPCA NSW is doing and I don't want my pound going in that direction I can't believe people are not concerned about how many dogs will lose their lives from this temp testing Blacktown pound has been doing so good in the last couple of years I have been to their committee meeting and was impressed last year but I am not now

How do you know that many dogs will be killed? You don't know, no one does. Are you claiming that no dogs were euthanaised prior to this?

And please, punctuation is your friend.

What happened to it involving AWL? Not RSPCA? Confused to that one.

Have you considered that the dogs that were tested had been in the pound environment for an extremely long time, pound rounds could have taken those dogs out weeks before hand but hadn't even though they apparently had homes for the dogs.

You have no problems with a dog being dog aggressive, and a fence jumper next door to you? Please tell me that you would be understanding why a pound would let out a dog with that temperament and when your dog is harmed or killed. Saving one dogs life does not justify that life taking another dogs life.

My aim of my post is to clarify my opinion, take pound rounds out of the picture and look at what is happening everybody seems to be focusing on pound rounds and not what the council is doing the temp test is lethal in a pound environment any dog there will be stressed and many will fail their kill rate is going to be so high killing innocent dogs, I have a cavalier who growls at my bull mastiff now this would go against the dog and my previous cavalier used to kill chickens if the chickens came in my yard I would be concerned for any dog being tested at the pound

pound rounds out of the picture, many pounds run temp tests, people are jumping up and down with little fact on what this temp test contains, and who ran the test. Little fact, lot of emotion.

I suggest people find out what the temp test contains and see if they can work with council to get the best and fairest temp test available up and running as people have stated DAS is a particularly good one.

It would be good to see their temp test but knowing 5 dogs out 7 dogs were killed does not give it much credit, jumping fences is not a reason to kill a dog, as I have stated a pound environment is not a place to test dogs many will not pass due to being stressed forget about pound rounds focus on the situation at hand

If you read the letter - statement from AWL you will find RSPCA were involved as well with their input and besides that I was giving you something to compare with RSPCA's temp test being too tough and many dogs being put down

So are you offering to house and pay for professionals to rehabilitate those dogs that are identified as having behavioural issues? Or is it ok because the consequences of letting aggressive and problem dogs out into the community doesn't matter as long as people get some warm fuzzies from the save? Do you have any qualifications in behavioural modification or do you just count as emotion to get you through? For someone who claims not PR alliance your particular emotive arguments sound awfully familiar.

I have a nice pic of a graph that shows the BCC kill rate from 2003 ttill 2011 but I don't know how to post it any way 2011 the kill rate was 14%,, 2010 kill rate 20%, 2009 kill rate 24%, 2008 kill rate 34%, Therefore it shows how good the number has gone down and I answered you other question on my previous post

It would be good to see their temp test but knowing 5 dogs out 7 dogs were killed does not give it much credit, jumping fences is not a reason to kill a dog, as I have stated a pound environment is not a place to test dogs many will not pass due to being stressed forget about pound rounds focus on the situation at hand

I didn't say jumping fences, I said dog aggressive fence jumpers, are you happy to have them next to you or in your yard?

I think everyone has agreed in a good temp test pound stressors should be taken into account.

I also said, those 7 dogs were held for a LONG time, why were they not pulled out when 'rescue' had been found?

Please read all of what I wrote, not just the bits convenient to your argument.