What Is Happening At Blacktown Pound?

Feeverte

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a close relative of one of the Blacktown AHF employees, I'd just like to say thanks for all of your balanced thoughts on this matter, It's been a tough few days since Friday under the barrage of over-emotional rhetoric from the PR crew. There's even been threats messaged via facebook profiles by members of the PR FB page.

Being able to read the more balanced views posted by those in this thread has helped put things in perspective. Thanks again.

As a close relative of one of the Blacktown AHF employees, I'd just like to say thanks for all of your balanced thoughts on this matter, It's been a tough few days since Friday under the barrage of over-emotional rhetoric from the PR crew. There's even been threats messaged via facebook profiles by members of the PR FB page.

Being able to read the more balanced views posted by those in this thread has helped put things in perspective. Thanks again.

I'd suggest a phone call to the local constabulary might be in order.. and of course save copies of any threats received.

What's my favourite definition of a zealot?- "one who doubles their efforts, having lost sight of their aim". Sounds like there are a few zealots involved with this particular rescue group. :(

Tell them to stay strong, MN has already received some police attention from her recent harassment and this will help finish her off. Make sure you screen shot EVERYTHING and keep it safe. If you need to talk to someone about which police officer is dealing with her pm me and I can get someone to talk to you (sane and safe people don't worry).

Bullying usually works for her so she might ramp it up so be prepared for a deluge of crazy.

Just looked at the comments on the news article, they aren't chronological so it's really hard to read! The usual PR fanatics though, but some actual good comments. I hope some people reading can weed out the crazies.

not sure my reponse will get through, was as tactful as i could be :laugh:

Was yours the Ted Bundy comment :laugh:

They (meaning the paper) are editing comments before posting them... taking out details of PR.

Edited by minimax

Mine got in, there were some good ones, Jane and Elle :thumbsup:

Heck of a lot of nutters who think give a DA dog love and it will be fine ,or that staff at BP should all be Ceasar Milans and train the dogs :laugh:

I am so glad they are being exposed for the dog brokers they are.

Btw, which is the chief nutter ( leopaard print?) :)

I liked the suggestion that any unwanted or tricky dogs should be sent to the army or customs :thumbsup: I know some very high drive dogs have been picked from pounds for service work but not many. All those who fail any temp test should be made to serve their country - just like dole-bludging teenages - a bit of discipline won't hurt anyone :)

I wonder if there really were five homes ready to take the five dogs that were euthed/murdered/executed? Had the homes met the dogs?

Tell them to stay strong, MN has already received some police attention from her recent harassment and this will help finish her off. Make sure you screen shot EVERYTHING and keep it safe. If you need to talk to someone about which police officer is dealing with her pm me and I can get someone to talk to you (sane and safe people don't worry).

Bullying usually works for her so she might ramp it up so be prepared for a deluge of crazy.

I should stress that the threat did NOT come from MN, but from a member of the PR FB page.

It is being escalated.

I liked the suggestion that any unwanted or tricky dogs should be sent to the army or customs :thumbsup: I know some very high drive dogs have been picked from pounds for service work but not many. All those who fail any temp test should be made to serve their country - just like dole-bludging teenages - a bit of discipline won't hurt anyone :)

I wonder if there really were five homes ready to take the five dogs that were euthed/murdered/executed? Had the homes met the dogs?

Yes, because unpredictably aggressive dogs are JUST what you want to be working with in such circumstances. NOT. Doesnt' show a lot of understanding of the work such dogs do does it.

The most important thing a police dog has to do is attack only when directed to and to STOP when directed to. The idea of any dog used by police that would not do that is downright scary. :eek:

Although all the police need to do is get crims to take food off the dogs and according to Pound Rounds, a predictably aggressive response is guaranteed! :thumbsup: I can hear it now... "go Sabre - grab the nasty man who took your bone"..

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Banging my head on that suggestion given that military working dogs (explosive detection dogs etc) need to be anything BUT dog or people aggressive .....

I read Katdogs' as meaning high drive, above regular pet needs and probably bouncing off the walls after 2 weeks impound. Not DA/HA dogs.

I'm not familiar with every method of temp testing but I assume if a dog was trying to munch the tester they wouldn't bother proceeding to find out if it's a potential recruit for anything.

But yeah, the comment below the article itself was odd. About pit bulls and rehab programs and american TV programs. :laugh: Hard to make any sense out of some of them.

I was being sarcastic about one of the comments - obviously not clearly :o

That's where rolly eye man would have been handy. :laugh:

God there's some odd comments. Lots of !!!!!! and ????? and CAPSLOCK. I can absolutely see where people are coming from if they don't have the experience or the right information but going off like pork chops doesn't help. Especially if threats are being made. :(

What a bunch of dim whitted idiots!

Not every dog is suitable to be rehomed and many dog adn people aggressive dogs cannot be rehabilitated or only with a certain handful of people.

I think that temperment testing dogs before they leave the pound is s smart move. Yes they are in a stressful situation but if a dog tries to bite, lunge, munch on the temp tester over it's food bowl, then nope I don't think it should be released.

I have had a few different breeds of dogs over the years including guarding breeds and all have happily given up food bones or stolen yummies if requred with no more than a please can I have that back. PR sound like a bunch of ill informed emotive fools.

I don't think Mel Norman would be a very happy camper right now. She got the press there hoping to get more community support behind her, but all that did was expose her by people having left comments that she cannot delete. Yes she did shot herself in the foot.