Sick Of Wankers

BoStoNmAdNeSs

Christ I'm sick to death of idiots walking their dogs whilst I'm out walking mine.

Point of example today is that I see a fella approaching with a very large X breed of some kind. My little Boston is on my left on a tight rein and I'm walking on the left of the path. He is walking on the left approaching me but with a longish leash and a loose hold. His dog seemed to not be interested in mine until the last bloody second when we were about to pass and it lunged across me (didn't seem with any 'real' aggressive intent ). I was a milli second away from booting the dog but refrained. I turned around and gave him the mouthful of all mouthfuls. His comment was "she wouldnt have done anything". Yep, that may have been well and true BUT I didn't know that and more to the point was my semi-terrorised little Bossie now

t knowing that either.

Dead set - if he had of taken one more step in my direction or said another word - he would have copped it. I'm absolutely sick of people with this same attitude AND also sick of the ones that have their dog off leash out the front whilst they gardening and their precious little darling then racing out growling and snarling.

Had enough.

Edited by BoStoNmAdNeSs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree boston. And more to the point, how did that idiot know your own dog wouldnt react and then whose dog ends up with a DD order if he defended himself against the lunger. Some people are just really damn thick.

I hate it too. I've had to block an off leash dog from harassing mine - young male GSP who was just about to make the biggest mistake of his young life and take on my mature entire male Dalmatian - and then had the dog's pathetic excuse for an owner abuse the sh!t out of me, accuse me of kicking the dog and threaten to hit me had I been a man. Twice in two weeks. Two different idiots. It was very upsetting.

Guest donatella

Don't walk mine on the streets for this reason and definitely don't walk 2 at a time as if I'm attacked and need to pick them up I won't be forced into the position of choosing 1 or the other.

I am always wary of any approaching dog or person now when out with my small dog. I simply pick him up when any dog is coming towards us or people. Purely for his safety I don't trust anyone anymore.

I know where you're coming from with that (my other half does that too) - problem is the message you're giving your dog there.

I agree boston. And more to the point, how did that idiot know your own dog wouldnt react and then whose dog ends up with a DD order if he defended himself against the lunger. Some people are just really damn thick.

Exactly. No frickin' brains.

They're everywhere. I had a yellow Lab lunge aggressively at my young boy at a show recently. My boy (who has been wary of strange dogs so really didn't need it!) just ducked behind me and I backed away - staying between him and the Lab.

But the handler couldn't (or wouldn't) pull him back, just got sledded along on her feet by him as he kept lunging and lunging. It took a bunch of other people shouting at her to get her to make an effort and pull the dog away. Sheesh.

So I completely agree - wankers.

There's no way I would have kept approaching if the other person showed no sign of wanting to reign in the dog. As it is, I cross the street whenever someone is approaching. If you pass on the same side of the road, you have to expect the dogs to investigate each other, unless the other dog is very clearly extremely well trained. I would expect no less than a face to face greeting if I stayed on the path with another dog approaching. If you don't want that to happen, avoid it by crossing the road or going onto the grass or picking up the dog etc.

I agree it *shouldn't* be this way. But it is, so you deal with it.

Edited by fuzzy82

Yep I am over it and now they get a mouthful. My dogs are on lead and under control, if yours are not they will see the end of my boot and you will cop it. We have that many issues in our small town with roaming dogs and attacks that I defend first ask questions later!

There's no way I would have kept approaching if the other person showed no sign of wanting to reign in the dog. As it is, I cross the street whenever someone is approaching. If you pass on the same side of the road, you have to expect the dogs to investigate each other, unless the other dog is very clearly extremely well trained. I would expect no less than a face to face greeting if I stayed on the path with another dog approaching. If you don't want that to happen, avoid it by crossing the road or going onto the grass or picking up the dog etc.

I agree it *shouldn't* be this way. But it is, so you deal with it.

Good advice fuzzy82 - it shouldn't have to be, but you have to use common sense when it comes to your dog's safety.

I just had my two out for a walk and I was surprised not to come across any wankers. My two are highly reactive to other dogs so the first dog we met, I had them well up someone's driveway shovelling treats in them. It turned out not to be far enough away as Zeus still barked, but not as badly, so the next dog, we crossed the street and into someone's front yard still shovelling the treats. No barking or lunging at all, just Zeus turning his head to look then look back for more food.

It was progress so I was happy. If only more people were a bit more thoughtful about their dogs. :(

Sorry you had such a crappy walk BM; I feel your pain. :(