Fleas!

Over the years I've tried a few things - garlic in diet & a homemade rosemary garlic spray being 2- and unfortunately I haven't found they make any difference at all. :o

Try googling and give them a try, but sadly, I tend to find nothing works as well as chemicals with insects.

Thanks I've bathed them and used tea tree oil seems to be ok now with them being so sensitive to some products I like to try something else first they alway have garlic in there food as I make up rice chicken combo washed all the bedding and fle bombed just in case they are not riddled in them thankfully but I just didn't want it getting worse

Just use frontline it is very safe. To explain in laymen terms - ok fleas go thru various stages of development to get from being a egg to becoming a adult flea, and frontline works by stoping fleas changing from stage to stage. Dogs and humans and cats, horses etc do not go thru metamorphism and therefore are not effected by the active ingredient and this is why frontline is very safe to use. There are many chemicals for sale that I would never ever ever use on my pets because they are carsonegenic are can cause cancer! There are even very popular human head lice treatments that have carsonegenic chemicals in them yes u read correctly!

P.s Warning follow the instruction for frontline 100% do not do anything different, 100% or expect it to fail.

Edited by Hank DDB

HankDDB you may not be aware that the collie breeds are sensitive to Ivermectin which is commonly used as an active ingredient in many insecticide treatments for animals. Collie owners need to be especially careful with their choice of flea treatment products.

Thanks I've bathed them and used tea tree oil seems to be ok now with them being so sensitive to some products I like to try something else first they alway have garlic in there food as I make up rice chicken combo washed all the bedding and fle bombed just in case they are not riddled in them thankfully but I just didn't want it getting worse

Flea bombs are a marketing product they are not really worth the $. Buy a liquid permethrin treatment and spray that around on carpet, dog beds, even the dogs, if you have nothing else to kill the fleas with, it is a synthetic pyre thyroid and is one of the safest cheaper chemicals available, It will only stay in the dog/human/mammal system for a max of 7 days if you accidentally get some on you, but it is very safe but not a safe as frontline. Permethrin is removed from system thru sweat, urination. .

HankDDB you may not be aware that the collie breeds are sensitive to Ivermectin which is commonly used as an active ingredient in many insecticide treatments for animals. Collie owners need to be especially careful with their choice of flea treatment products.

Ok thanks, I'm not sure how sensitive they are, but a friend of mine who is also a pest tech uses frontline on his collies and permethrin on their bedding etc. with no issues. And again thanks for the heads up!